Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

https://youtu.be/369udCxHm8g

the real video starts 13 seconds in. ‘Balls Lads! you had HUGE F***in’ BALLS!’ Hahahahahahaha! Absolutely love Poch! Magic!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Breaking news! Theresa May has been in crunch talks with Pep Guardiola all day, seeking advice on how to leave Europe.’

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neilnevill
    Free Member

Thank you than you. I also do weddings and bat Mitzvah.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tipping my waitress

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47982403

Professional footballers in England and Wales are to boycott social media for 24 hours on Friday, to protest against the way social networks and football authorities respond to racism.

It follows a number of high-profile incidents in domestic and international matches this season.

Earlier this week, Manchester United captain Ashley Young was racially abused on Twitter.

And Watford captain Troy Deeney said “enough is enough”.

“On Friday we are sending a message to anyone that abuses players – or anyone else – whether from the crowd or online, that we won’t tolerate it within football,” said Deeney, who disabled comments on his Instagram after abuse earlier this month.

Back to more sobering things again, I’m sure many will try and just dismiss this as a flounce, I remember one thread about the abuse Lukaku was receiving where people suggested he should be proud of it. I’m really glad this stuff is hitting the front pages.

spursn17
    Free Member

Either of you gents been to the new stadium?

Yeah, 1st game against Palace, and Man City. Didn’t go to the Huddersfield game as I was working, can’t get to the Brighton one on Tuesday either, Wet Spam next Saturday is looking good though!

We’ve already got a name for the south stand, it isn’t The Wall or any of the other pony that’s been suggested it’s Park Lane and always will be!
    The Goal Line bar is becoming a problem as they’ve started to close it as too many people in there, we’re going to resort to the old plan ‘A’ (pub) for the next game, heard rumours the the Olive Tree has closed down though ☹️

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So a massive week for everyone, if Liverpool do stuff Cardiff I don’t think they will make it back.
    Top end I have no idea how Spurs & City are going to come back from that!! Tempted to watch that one tomorrow with the option of running away when it turns dull.

If my FFL is anything to go by I’m backing City and Spurs to have the best run in of the top 4

neilnevill
    Free Member

I hear the Gilpin etc have all been empty so far but the initial novelty and enthusiasm will calm down a bit and old habits and haunts will revive a bit I’m sure. Maybe Levy should buy some of the run down pubs around and extend the ‘pie and pint and ticket’ offers to other locations. I was suprprised as I arrived at WHL station to see the old pub still derelict. Once the walkway to the stadium is built that would be a great location unless..just thought..does the pub get flattened for the walkway/station development?

I’m happy with Park Lane but actually would be happier to lose it for a new name. Probably because its not lost. The names I want to retain are the links to the lost parts, the history. I grew up watching from the Shelf (saw the ’84 final vs Andelecht stood on a milk crate on the shelf!) and I want to keep the Paxton name even though the road has gone. It was the home end for so long…..we need to keep these names. I’ll also struggle with a new stadium name when Levy finally gets a big enough offer. Its NWHL for now…and long may it be. But oddly…Park Lane name isn’t lost, so I’d happily add to that with a stand name of ‘White wall/Spurs wall’

MSP

Here we go again!

Go Foden!!!

MSP

So, probably down to the Manchester derby to decide the premier league, hard to make a case for city dropping points any where else before the end of the season, and same for Liverpool should really get max points from their remaining matches.

Looking at the points tally as well, both teams look like a cert to amass over 90 points, has that ever happened before?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Should be a stroll for City on today’s evidence! Ole’s at the wheel alright 😂

RicB

Wheels have all come off, more like

I’d keep a hand full of players and ship the rest out. Keep Rash, Shaw, McTominay, deGea, Dalot. The rest can eff off imo

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Back-up ProjectOle is working nicely after a shaky start. Only hope now for Liverpool now is that Utd need the points so desperately for Top 4 that they have to try properly against City.

binners

As bad a United performance as I’ve ever seen. Absolutely pitiful!! If we play like this on Wednesday, City could get into double figures!

The idea that we paid 90 million for Heskey looks ridiculous! Sanchez ‘earned’ his 450 grand a week from the bench yet again. Pogba went AWOL again

We need rid of the lot of them in the summer. But to who? The wages this lot are on and most of them wouldn’t make it into a mid-table championship side. And who would want to come to Old Trafford at the moment? We’ve not a hope of top four now

It’s embarrassing! Played off the park by Everton with not a single shot on target! Pickford could have sat in a deck-char, reading a book for 90 minutes! No-one in that god-awful pink strip today is fit to wear the shirt!

Gary Neville is on saying his livid at the lack of effort. You’re not alone there Gary

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

A big clear out is needed for sure. But they’ll need to spend stupid money to get anywhere near competing for the league again. Like £300m, assuming players want to come if they’re not in the Champions League.

binners

Fair play to Everton today though. They were brilliant! Same as they were against Chelski, Liverpool and Arsenal

RicB

It’s pretty obvious the Glazers don’t GAF isn’t it. So long as the brand makes money they couldn’t care less where the team finish in the league. Ole will get £150m to spend max, and if they’re pushing for top4 that’s 2 players of the quality needed. It’s need 3-4 to be a top4 side and 6-7 to challenge for the league.

binners

The Glazers couldn’t give a toss if they were running a football club or selling washing machines as long as they can keep leaching billions out of it!

That’s been obvious from the off

We finished outside the top four, but we got a new noodle sponsorship deal in Singapore so ker-****ing-ching

Parasites!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I love to see Gary Neville livid, what a wee fanny he is! 😂😂😂

MSP

One of the problems united have now, is the same problem Liverpool had for many years. Too many pundits from their glory years, eulogising about a mythological history that bears little resemblance to reality. Unfortunately the fans buy into that bullshit, and the current players will never get the chance to live up to that false historic utopia.

Listening now to the ex united players is like watching the four Yorkshiremnn sketch, always trying to outdo each other with bullshit about how they used to be back in the day.

binners

To be fair to Neville and Scholes, I think they’ve earned the right to be critical of this present shower.

They’re watching players like Sanchez getting paid the thick end of half a million quid a week for doing the sum total of **** all! He can’t even get a game because he’s useless and his attitude stinks! And for the money he’s on, he’ll sit on the bench every week! And we can’t offload him because who the hell would buy him?

I think the fans are realists. We know that where we are is the inevitable result of the way the club has been run since the Glazers took over. Fergie papered over the cracks for a while because he was so bloody good, but for seasons now we’ve been totally rudderless, and the transfer policy has been absolutely inexplicable, Sanchez being the most glaring example of that.

Which United players would make it into the first team at City or Liverpool? We are so far off both, it’s ridiculous, yet we’ve paid huge money for absolute donkeys like Lukaku. You could nip down to your local park on a Sunday morning and see players with a better first touch

senorj

I thought it was interesting that Ole was quoted with some mild criticism of his squad. Just like Jose .
    Has something has gone on this week in contract negotiations or at the training ground I wonder?
    Anyhow , Man U are the only hope for a red league win. The last time I cheered them on they won the European cup! 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

A lot of teams suffer after a European game, especially away. But looking at the lack of effort today perhaps the players thought they just had to turn up to win. Matic turns slower than an oil tanker!

binners

Let’s have your predictions for tonight then?

I’ve had an extremely bizarre day with my scouse mates telling me they’re supporting United tonight. A deeply unnerving experience.

I’ll be happy if we can keep it down to something less than a cricket score after the pitiful capitulation at the weekend.

I doubt it’s going to be an open expansive display of free-flowing football.

It’ll be cagey! We can’t let them score first or they could get god knows how many. Pogba had his best ever game against City last season to stop them winning the title at OT. Hopefully he’ll bother to turn up tonight.

As with all Derby matches… could be anything

I’ve had a bet on Wolves beating Arsenal but I’m not daft enough to bet on United City

blader1611
    Free Member

I hate to say this binners but i think we will get beat and i wouldn’t be surprised if its comfortable for city. I don’t think we have enough guile/creativity to get through there defence but they have more than enough to get through ours. If OGS puts another centre half like Jones/Lindelof at full back then i might suggest it will be a mauling.

What are the odds on Pogba having another stinker or Martial looking dangerous for 10 minutes and then sulking for the rest of the match?

At best it might be a nervy/cagey affair and we nick a goal at the end but i just don’t see it.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Form goes out the window for derbies doesn’t it? City looked nervy v Spurs at the weekend. Read also that during recent winning run they’ve won 6 games by a single goal and Ageuro has only one goal from open play since early Feb. So yeah, 6-0 City!

MSP

I think it is better for city that this is an away game, as everybody knows we can get nervous in the stands and that can spread to the pitch, shouldn’t be a problem in an away fixture at ot.

RicB

3-0 to city, and even that’s optimistic.

If I was Ole I’d tell some of the lazy players to jog on, and play the youth prospects like Greenwood and Chongy for the remainder of the season. No chance of them getting top 4 so nothing to lose

RicB

Ok I’ve just seen Darmian is playing at CB

Make that 5-0!

binners

Oh god! At least Jones is out though. Have to say that like most United fans, I’ve zero expectation of getting owt tonight. A point would be a result.

I’m predicting plenty of cards. It’ll be one of those games. And if any players are going to upset City it’s Rashford and Lingard. Hope they’re both starting

Edit: just seen the starting line up. Excellent! Lingard and Rashford and no Heskey! Good call Ole!

MSP

Picture on the guardian, looks like torrential rain.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ole trying to show his tactical genius by going 3-5-2? This could be ugly!

binners

Oh. Sweet baby Jesus! Roy Keane is a pundit tonight! Should be interesting. He may explode!

stevedoc
    Free Member

Hes just had his shot after Pogbas interview…”i dont believe a word he says ” and that makes two of us ,the guy may be world class but hes an eye at Madrid nothing else

binners

Looking good so far! Definitely the right move to start Jesse and Rashford!

Let’s see if we can keep it up second half

First goal is going to seal it, I reckon.

Wolves 3 up against Arsenal. Liverpool have got to play them yet. That’s a big game. They’re a great squad! Could well have as much a hand in title as they have had in the top four

MSP

I can breath now, was getting tense.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

City could get 3 or 4 here if they want.

Caher

What was that remark that Ferguson said that so enraged Keegan all those years ago?
    Just cannot see Man City being stopped now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.