Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not often you hear the Blaydon Races sung that loudly in Leicester

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Glasses in the pocket!!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

It’s a big afternoon. It might even justify the ridiculous build up on Sky

I hope Stevie Geraaaaaaaaard isnt watching it. They’ve replayed that slip about a million times so far

senorj

🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Great team goal for the first, great solo salah for the second there!!

weeksy

Phew. Was getting a little worried for a bit!
    Shame that Palace couldn’t help out though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just need Andy Robertson to head in from a VVD cross to get my FF points up, it has felt a bit more like Liverpool of last year flying up the field at every opportunity

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Great win considering City won. City’s next two games will decide it I think.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep they are 2 massive games, please can it be all wrapped up before NUFCvLIV so we can have a proper go

Caher

I’d say De Gea has just failed his Real interview.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Best in the world De Gea 🤭

binners

If I’m going to bet on anything it’ll be Pogba getting another red if he doesn’t calm down.

We started well too. Over the years we’ve developed a habit of being given a lesson by Barca

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

If Rashford had taken that chance early on……he does miss a lot doesn’t he? Feel sorry for De Gea having carried the team for years.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

5 or 6 ???? I am thinking …. 5

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ajax!

Caher

This Ajax side could make the final, before they’re picked apart by the big clubs.

scuttler

From the Grauniad (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/16/solskjaer-manchester-united-ole-years-doomed-barcelona) “Solskjær must chuck out Manchester United chintz or Ole years are doomed”

The Camp Nou let out a roar. Jones surged back gamely but could only watch as Messi jinked past the other way, teasing him the way you might tease a fond, lovable old family dog with a paper cone on its head and one good eye.

Ouch.

weeksy

TBF, 99% of defenders have had the same Messi treatment over the years.

binners

I’d imagine most defenders wake up screaming in the middle of the night at the prospect of Messi running at them.

His second goal last night was no 597 that he’s scored for Barca! That is a truly staggering statistic! Incredible!

Looking at our squad last night, and the yawning chasm in class, I’m wondering how many will be there at the start of next season. Not many, I’d imagine.

I hope Sanchez is first out of the door. Why we ever bought him, I have absolutely no idea. He’s worse than useless

Anyway…. I expect tonight will be a formality for Liverpool, but City v Spurs at the Emptyhad should be interesting

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes, Liverpool should score meaning Porto would need 4. Can’t see it.

Dumbest comment last night in 5 live from Ian Dennis was along the lines of Messi scores a lot against English teams. He scores against everyone you doughnut!

johndoh
    Free Member

Forget the Champions League, Premiership and all that guff. As a Leeds fan I am glad I can finally, after 15 years, dare to believe. MOT. Are you with me @johndrummer?

(Although I am getting increasingly nervous and the way this season is swinging I can still see a few more bumps in the road over the final four matches for Leeds, Sheffield United and even Norwich who appeared very nervous against Wigan at the weekend).

scuttler

Blades for auto-promotion. Leeds to chuck it in the playoffs.

Leeds back down the A62 to play Town again next season.

johndoh
    Free Member

Blades for auto-promotion. Leeds to chuck it in the playoffs.

I take it you support any other team apart from Leeds then – although by using the term ‘Blades’ I assume you are a Blunt 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looking dull at the Etihad this evening…..

MSP

WTF!!!!!

MSP

WOW!!!

How many goals will be scored tonight.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One more than gets on the scoresheet?

weeksy

What! No! Crazy! Lol.

MSP

I want to see that one again, that was a tight call.

Humdinger of a game.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I really can’t believe what I’ve just watched, brought back some memories of life under King Kev back up north!!

So Barca for the trophy?

weeksy

So Barca for the trophy?

Errrrrm. No.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ajax will beat Spurs I think – Son is out of the first leg, Kane crocked. Suarez and Coutinho up against their own club – will be close I think.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Honestly Spurs and Liverpool should just let us have the final we really want, see how the kids of Ajax do against Barca 🙂 For the good of the game

On a serious point be interesting to see how the game goes on the weekend, some tough FFL choices to be made this week

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Prior to tonight I thought City would win on Saturday regardless of the result. A win and they’d be on a high, defeat and they’d be angry! However, I’m not so sure now given the VAR at the end and Pep going Klopp/Mourinho down the touchline. So 0-0 on Saturday.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Lorrente

COYS!!!!!!!

neilnevill
    Free Member

back to play the old club? Davidson, Christian, Toby, Jan all came from Ajax

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The only downside to last night …. that god awful kit.

I know it now will go down as legend, but it’s truly horrid.

Wish it had been the proper European night kit …. White shirt, white shorts, white stockings.

spursn17
    Free Member

Wish it had been the proper European night kit …. White shirt, white shorts, white stockings.

So do I but our white shirts have that horrible blue band at the bottom that ruins the all white look.

Still can’t get over that match last night, it must’ve been great for those that were there.

neilnevill
    Free Member

agree, the ‘proper european night lilywhite’ is the true kit, that 3rd kit is….mleh…and just not any more different to pale blue than lilywhite surely? the grauation on the shirt looks ok in the prem but does foul up the whole real madrid tribute of the european white shorts!

Apparently there is a new hymn for the Etihad this easter

Veee Aaaa Rrrrr My Lord! Veee aaa Rrrrrr!
    V A R my lord, V A Rrrrr!
    V A R my Lord! V A R!
    Oh Lord! V A R!

‘was offside my lord! V A R!
    ‘was offside my lord! VAR
    ….

🙂

Either of you gents been to the new stadium? I went to the Huddersfield game, it is truly awesome! Market place and goal line bar under the park lane ‘white wall*’ is good, a nice place to get a pint. (*I can’t call it the Kop…please let’s find a better name…it is copied on the dortmund yellow wall after all’)

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.