Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • MSP
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not sure that makes a lot of sense if i’m honest.

It’s modern football, you need to keep moving while your stock is high, if you fail somewhere, unless someone else takes a chance with you, then you fall off a cliff, a la Moyes.

Realistically, a top 4 side isn’t gonna take a manager from Scotland, so the likes of Rodgers has to take that initial step to a mid table club, and have confidence in his abilities to make that work.

Best of luck to him, I think he’ll have learnt a hell of a lot from his nearly-season at Liverpool.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

His teams try and play good football and the nonsense he comes out with should keep press conferences and interviews entertaining. Good luck to him.

PrinceJohn

Breaking news up here that Rodgers is off to Leicester.

Has Scottish football got such a bad international reputation now that someone who has won the treble twice in the past 2 years can only get a job at a lower mid pack Premiership club?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Has Scottish football got such a bad international reputation now that someone who has won the treble twice in the past 2 years can only get a job at a lower mid pack Premiership club?

I suppose it has, between that and the Premiership having such a high opinion of itself. It’s a much higher stakes game down there though, Kilmarnock frinstance have been top 3 or 4 for a good while now, their maximum wage is £1200 a week, £400 win bonus.

Young local lad left Rangers at 16 to go to Chelsea, he’s on 22k a week.

avdave2

Well it’s just been overtaken by Norway in the manager ranking table.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Any manager could win the league if they were put in charge of Celtic. Even Ronny Deila did! Rodgers wants to test himself again – may be quite a shrewd move, there’s a few decent young players at Leicester.

seosamh77
    Free Member

In Scotland, yes, the league in recent years has been a procession, but on the verge of 3 trebles, is still good in anyones book. I think you belittle too much there.

Where Rodgers should really be judged though is in Europe, and he’s not done great there. Too busy greeting about funds, despite knowing the limitations. One thing that really annoyed me about him was him constantly talking about ceilings and how far he could take us. It’s was his job to punch above and do better.

He’s a decent manager, far too defensively naive imo though, and he’ll be wanting the chequebook opened, we’re limited there, I’d suggest leicester will be too in comparison with the rest of the league, so any thoughts winning leagues again is pie in the sky.

He’ll do ok with leicester, but I think he’ll jump at the first chance of a bigger club. (If he doesn’t get sacked first, we know what you lot are like down there 😆 )

And just be warned, it was a fairly **** way he went about things with us.

seosamh77
    Free Member

And ps, I hope Leicester get pumped rotten from here on in! 😆 Nothing personal like.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😂😂😂

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve already submitted an official change of lyric request with the troops! 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

3 year deal getting reported now.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ye think Lawwell has a succession plan Joe? I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t, he’s an operator.

I’d be even more surprised if that plan is Lennon.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Lennon and 2 others getting spoken to apparently. Which i think will be interim till the summer, then see what’s what. I don’t think it just happened yesterday, but i don’t think we’ve been given enough notice to sort something.

I think we’ve all had an idea it was coming, but we were just hoping it’d be a better transition than this nonsense.

This is like manna from heaven for youse eh? 😆

theotherjonv

Jose wanted to be somewhere he could win titles?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This is like manna from heaven for youse eh? 😆

No really, I’d prefer we didn’t lose big names to the PL, National team needs as strong a league as possible.

Jose? Even I wouldn’t wish him on Celtic! 😂😂😂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So big night at the wrong end again tonight, hoping we can make Sean grumpy again with all sorts of records falling at SJP (opponent sent off, penalty to us, player running at opposition goal keeper more than once)
    Big night for Silva and Everton too, not good to be done over by Cardiff.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I think jose burned his bridges with the celtic support in 2003! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d take him though.

Do you run a hotel?

Oi less. Of the cheeky edits above!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Do you run a hotel?

Oi less. Of the cheeky edits above!

😆

Lenny in for the rest of the season, good move to tide us over.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/15816

binners

Looking forward to this tonight Mike. Could be a belter! They’re on form at the moment, Burnley

binners

Bloody hell! Pick that out! 😳

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Can we call it Brexit yet Joe? 😂

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆 I’ll give ye that yin!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Right thread this time
    A refreshingly honest chat with a lad getting stuck in and working hard.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/isaac-hayden-its-not-about-the-money-i-want-to-leave-newcastle-to-see-my-daughter-grow-up-tn0vmql2n
    I hope he gets the move he needs and can come back some day. I’ll happily applaud him at the end of the season wherever he moves to. The way he has responded this season has been exemplary and something a few others should look at.

binners

Well the Arsenal Spurs result was certainly the best result for us.

We made hard work of that, but 3 points puts us 4th again and only 3 points behind spurs.

I never thought I’d be saying that before Ole turned up

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Neighbours asked if we were ok from the cheering of Lukaku scoring lol

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and Advantage City

Looked like Liverpool didn’t train together at some points, some sloppy passing and nerves getting to them there

binners

That was a great match. A proper Derby game. Best i’ve Seen Everton play all season.

And I’ve been anusing myself sending my scouse mates photos like this… 😃

binners

Van Dijk is the best defender in the premiership by a mile this season. He’s awesome! That 75 million looks like money very well spent

Garry_Lager

Everton were motivated today for what feels like a change – fancied a result despite us being mince, Goodison derbies are always close and it was a good time to play the Big Red Bottlers.

Everyone wants to give Silva as long as it takes but he’s testing us. Don’t mind a rough season if he gets us pointing in the right direction, but there’s not been much to go on in that regard. He needs to make a tough decision with Siggurdson – good player, expensive player, wrong player for his football.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, very calm and a physical presence too, quick and commanding. I wonder if defences will win it this year? I do think City are slight favourites but their injuries are mounting up a little whereas Liverpool are only lacking Gomez. Oxlade-Chamberlain too of course but rumoured to be back April time – might boost Liverpool’s midfield a bit which looks a bit pedestrian. Thought Shaqiri might have featured more of late as well.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

And I’ve been anusing myself sending my scouse mates photos like this

Sounds painful?! Whatever floats your boat though!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Liverpool have 5 of their 9 games at home, City have 4. Both have Spurs at home while Liverpool have Chelsea too but City have the derby away. I think it could go to the last couple of games, maybe even the final match. I can’t call the other two teams to make the top four though.

As for who’s joining Huddersfield and Fulham – Cardiff? Form seems to have stuttered, Newcastle and Southampton have enough quality I think and Burnley will grind it out.

Caher

Good night watching the footie: Tottenham backs to the wall and Bale could be a Real hero.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Hope Ajax hang on!

Caher

Bloody hell Ajax!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Smash and grab for Spurs!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.