Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • MSP

How is that not a red card, last defender FFS!

binners

I thought that was a straight red.

Not what I expected at all this. Do you think the Chelsea players have a meeting before each game and decide whether they’re going to bother turning up or not?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well it might not end up being the worst day for Liverpool with a big game in the legs for City – though Sarri just lost the dressing room unless they win this, it’s absolute madness here at the very least it will have completely screwed up the mindset for the shoot out – the boss looks like his nicotine patch has run out

binners

****ing hell!! 😳

sandboy

Can’t ever remember seeing a player refuse to be substituted like that in a lot of years of watching football. Let’s hope for his sake he does the business now!! Feel sorry for Sarri.

MSP

That is amazing, but once the board goes up, is it the refs job yo make sure he goes off? Probably no rules to cover it though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well penalty 1 sums up the final

MSP

Too tense, I actually stopped watching in extra time.

MSP

Go Raheem, well done keeping his nerve.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well I was hoping Keppa would make a couple of fantastic saves, let down by Jorginho and that first one to let the pressure off city.

Good job it’s not a long trip home on the coach for Chelsea

binners

In any other club, someone carrying on like that would be on the transfer list tomorrow morning, but as it’s Chelski they’ll just do the usual and sack the manager

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

do you think John Terry had his kit on just in case?

Cletus

Nice trophy in the bag for City but I thought Chelsea competed well even if they barely attacked in the first half. Kante probably MOTM for me.

The goalkeeper refusing to come off was disgraceful – I think Moss should have sent him off after Sarri explained he wanted to sub him.

Glad he stayed on though as Caballero is great at saving penalties as he proved when we beat Liverpool. If he had been in the shootout with his knowledge of the City players Chelsea could have been victorious.

I hope Chelsea back Sarri – he is a very good manager who deserves better from his players.

binners

If you ever needed any proof of where the power lies at Chelski, you got it tonight.

The players can basically do what the hell they like. Who on earth would want the job as Chelski manager, other than for the inevitable pay off.

Surely Sarri will be gone ‘by mutual consent’ tomorrow

The ‘special one’ back for a third time, as the United fans were singing at Stamford Bridge last week? 😂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I hope Chelsea back Sarri – he is a very good manager who deserves better from his players.

Faced with sticking with those players and a transfer ban he will probably go.

606 just said the FA rules are the player can refuse to come off.

handybar
    Free Member

Chelsea will struggle to attract a top manager due to the transfer ban, and the fact they will likely lose their best player, Hazard, in the summer.
    Maybe a job for John Terry!

Cletus

Chelsea will struggle to attract a top manager due to the transfer ban, and the fact they will likely lose their best player, Hazard, in the summer.
    Maybe a job for John Terry!

Or Frank Lampard? – think he will manage there sooner or later.

Reports are the Fernandinho and Laporte could both be out for a few weeks – will be an expensive win if that proves to be the case.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Beep Beep Beep This Manager is Reversing

MSP

Nah, that is a club statement, I bet Sarri said nothing of the sort.

binners

Yeah, from his reaction it looked like it was just ‘a misunderstanding’

Gone by tomorrow

mikewsmith
    Free Member

About exactly what he just said in the interview on 5Live

theotherjonv

If a goalkeeper has to come off because he has cramp, he needs sacking anyway because clearly he isn’t fit enough.

(and that’s from an ex-goalkeeper)

binners

Jonv – that was exactly Mrs Binners take on it

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

So Puel sacked…..and Brendan Rodgers rumoured to be lined up to replace him. Magnificent, exceptional, outstanding etc.

binners

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Perfect MOTD combo if they are allowed to talk about the league cup, Gullit being the man who subbed Shearer in a tyne wear derby which got him the sack.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Least Shearer went off!

handybar
    Free Member

Shearer also got Bobby Robson the sack.
    Maybe that’s why the presenter is sitting in between them .

muggomagic

I just hope Hazard gets a move to a properly big club in the summer. He’s too good a player to waste any more time with the endless turnover of managers at Chelsea.
    His penalty was just brilliant. To have the skill and nerve to do that knowing it’s game over if you miss was just amazing. I was disappointed with Sky for not showing endless repeats from multiple angles.
    Also pleased to see Sterling step up and score the winning penalty. Hope those arseholes that were hurling abuse at him earlier in the season enjoyed that.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Sarri needs to go – not producing the results, and clearly lost the dressing room.

Kepa also needs to go – the majority of the Chelsea squad is toxic, and a message needs to be sent that no player is bigger than the club.

New manager needed and a clear out of the deadwood/toxic squad members – difficult given the transfer ban, but in the long term it’s the right decision. A couple of seasons of 6-10th place finishes and rebuild.

Spurs did it when Poch arrived, getting rid of the troublemakers – Adebayor, Kaboul, Lennon, Chiriches, Livermore, Townsend etc, leaving the players who wanted to fight for the manager and club. Chelsea need to do the same.

PrinceJohn

Would’ve liked to see a player to that to Fergie during his time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sarri needs to go – not producing the results, and clearly lost the dressing room.

Kepa also needs to go – the majority of the Chelsea squad is toxic, and a message needs to be sent that no player is bigger than the club.

Looking back after some time (well to stop laughing) the issue that stands out is that Kepa didn’t seem to know there was a plan to swap him for penalties – that should have been 100% clear as they entered Extra time and went hey went into the 2nd half

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Arseholes that were hurling abuse at him earlier in the season enjoyed that.

’Bit harsh on Binners but yes agreed.

Dickyboy

Just checked Fulhams March fixtures to see if there was any hope of points 😕

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Looking back after some time (well to stop laughing) the issue that stands out is that Kepa didn’t seem to know there was a plan to swap him for penalties – that should have been 100% clear as they entered Extra time and went hey went into the 2nd half

Yeah, not a great deal of communication, but regardless of when the decision was planned, it’s no excuse – if the manager wants you off, you leave the field. You don’t defy his (or her) orders in front of millions of fans. He shouldn’t play for Chelsea again IMO.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Breaking news up here that Rodgers is off to Leicester.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep permission to speak showing on the BBC, the only thought was he would stick around to grab the treble and then leave

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yep permission to speak showing on the BBC

BBC is always the last to know up here, he’s gone.

weeksy

Not sure that makes a lot of sense if i’m honest.

He’s a decent manager but won’t get the time and patience if recent history at Leicester carries on… If results go the way they could… he’ll be out on his ear before Aug.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Aye he’s away, tbh, I’m entirely non-plussed about it, his huff earlier in the year spelled out that it was going to end sooner rather than later anyhow.

See ye later. If he can’t work with the budget, which he knew what it was. Then probably best we part ways.

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.