Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

and seriously for such a skilful team resorting to that sort of long ball game is depressing – just how good is Ederson?

martinhutch

the 2 away goals will make a huge difference to them.

Err…3 away goals…

Good resilience from City..

and seriously for such a skilful team resorting to that sort of long ball game is depressing –

Are you taking the piss? They’re down to 10 men!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’m sure he is! City are more direct than people often assume though, not so much of the tippy tappy nonsense, more fast, quick, direct attacking football. Quadruple on??!

mrmoofo

I would guess it was altering their game to suit the need … thanks god they did … it worked.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Are you taking the piss? They’re down to 10 men!

Yes!! It shows just how far the game has come with keepers playing those balls

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

The keepers who can pass like that (Allison, Pickford etc) make the old skool like Cech and Hart look like lumbering buffoons with the ball at their feet. It’s an interesting evolution of the role and hilarious when it goes wrong now and again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

hilarious

I suppose that’s one word for it. :o)

Cletus

The keepers who can pass like that (Allison, Pickford etc)

Not sure that Allison or Pickford are in Ederson’s class when it comes to long and short passing. Only keeper to get an assist in the chumps league this season.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

make the old skool like Cech and Hart look like lumbering buffoons with the ball at their feet.

Old Skool round here includes Schmeichel Senior none of your young whipper snappers like Hart!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My word! Sané’s strike just appeared on my twitter feed. What a wonderful free kick!

martinhutch

I didn’t understand the decision to get rid of Hart at the time. Suffice it to say that Pep knows what he’s doing!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Same here martinhutch – I was frothing. But whether it was his relative lack of ability with the ball at his feet or that Pep noticed a decline in his keeping, he was bang on. Hart has been poor since he left, surprising for a goalie to decline at his age.

martinhutch

I blame Head and Shoulders.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Chelsea transfer ban 😎😂 What a great Friday! Hazard leaves in the summer and they’re stuck with the current squad until summer 2020. With Abramovich looking to sell up could it possibly all go a bit Leeds?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, bad days for Chelsea, great news if Sari has a good payout clause 😉

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Time to wheel out the lawyers. Bet they get the ban overturned.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d be guessing too many cases to get them all thrown out.
    But great start to the weekend from a newcastle point of view!! Just need to fill the spare seat for tomorrow now

Klunk
    Free Member

With Abramovich looking to sell up could it possibly all go a bit Leeds?

sorry to piss on your parade

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ooops Mail Link….. Got the story elsewhere?

Klunk
    Free Member
    shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Chelsea season ticket who actually supports Man U? That’ll go down well!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So we can go back to saying 2 horse race seriously again now.

binners

Yip! Great performance by Burnley. Had a bet on them too. Thought this had ‘the match where Spurs bottle it’ written all over it.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s fun and games. Got two of my scouse mates coming over for the match so it’s either going to be bloody brilliant or quite possibly the worst afternoon of my life. I didn’t really think this through.

And then it’s Sarri’s last game in charge at Chelski

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well just back from what turned into the funniest game in a while, quite how we managed to miss so many chances I’m not sure. It should make a good MOTD with only a few games on tonight

Almiron is a breath of fresh air in there, the rest of the team need to remember he is going to keep running forward

binners

Had money on you lot too Mike. 😃

God knows how Palace are up on Leicester at the moment!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had money on you lot too Mike.

That could explain the apparent forcefield around the Gallowgate goal in the first half!! There is a point where we could have had 25 shots and lost 0-1 some days!!
    Also a great atmosphere in there was fairly full and a proper standing ovation for Almiron when he came off.

binners

I’m really really looking forward to watching what happens at Chelski.

They’ll get battered by City tomorrow, Sarri will get sacked immediately after the match and then they’ll have to try and find a new manager with a transfer ban slapped on them, with their best player clearly on his way in the summer 😂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m really really looking forward to watching what happens at Chelski.

I heard Rapha was interested, if they cancel all their loans they will have more incoming transfers than Newcastle….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And seriously was there no lady footballer on hand to be on motd? Complete tokenism to have Paul on there today to represent man u

MSP

Chelski will appeal, and then again to CAS, that will take them past the summer transfer window, so they could splurge then, 2 transfer windows after will not be such a big hit. Feel sorry for Loftus-Cheek, he needs to play matches, but I doubt they will sell him now, he isn’t in a position to force a move like Hazard.

Apparently there are 5 more British clubs under investigation for the same offence, so I expect it will be all of the big 6. Could be a very competitive summer transfer window if they all expect bans in the following windows.

Anyway back to the actual football, nearly time for the days excitement to start.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, about to head south and work out where to find talk sport – how irritating is it?

handybar
    Free Member

Im going against the grain but I think the title is still winnable for Tottenham Hotspurs.

MSP

Injuries denting uniteds hopes already.

MSP

I will take that as a city fan, poor performance by Liverpool against a patched up united. I think they are now feeling the pressure a bit.

senorj

Phew. Expected worse so I went for a ride rather than watch!
    You have to win to be champions imo.
    & Poor Chelsea. 🙂

binners

Hardly a classic, but happy with a point given how it was looking first half with the injuries.

Luke Shaw – who’s confidence was shot to pieces after being repeatedly slagged off by Maureen – was superb again today after another brilliant performance against Chelski. He totally took Salah out of the game. Not an easy task for anyone.

I’m expecting Chelski to get an absolute shoeing here

MSP

I expect Maureen will pop up and take credit for Shaw’s performances.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I think he should get some credit for his turnaround to be fair. I’d be slagging him off too if he was two stone overweight and not looking after himself.

handybar
    Free Member

Shaw did also suffer that awful leg injury so double kudos.

MSP

I am nervous, this is the sort of game where our centerbacks push on too much the longer we don’t get a goal, leaving us more and more susceptible to the counter.

edit: ooh Kompany on, maybe less chance of that happening now.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.