Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • binners

Well, we were bloody lucky to come away from that with the 3 points.

This City Arsenal game is shaping up nicely. Great match! I went with a bet on Robbie Savages mums prediction of 4-1 to City, but it’s not panning out like that

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

The race for fourth is hotting up! I’ll go for Chelsea just to pop United, Arsenal will be a distant 6th.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s probably going to depend on how the Europa league goes if Chelsea or Arsenal make a run at it they could focus on that over the league so that will probably decide it

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well that made things interesting, chance of City being top later in the week and all the pressure on Liverpool, going to be key to get some of those first choice players back in the back line

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

It’s squeaky bum time already! Their squad looks very thin all of a sudden with some solid players out. Lallana and Keita were poor tonight and wouldn’t Salah be better off on the right cutting in like he did last year rather than through the middle?

ransos
    Free Member

West Ham were a bit unlucky, I thought.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Agree – they must be frustrating to support! Capable of shipping 4 to Wimbledon and mixing it with the top 6.

weeksy

Agree with all that…. West Ham were good at times… but Liverpool could have snuck it at the end. Keita, he’s a weird one, he was TERRIBLE in the first half, but admittedly did improve in the 2nd. I was more disappointed with Fabinho who was also poor, especially at tracking back, jeez man, run a bit ! But i struggled with why they were playing with both of them 2 as holding midfielders.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

No alternatives weeksy. Wijnaldum and Henderson injured, Milner playing at right back due to injuries there. Fabinho looked very good a few weeks ago but Keita really has struggled to adapt. It’s often the way for players new to the league, type of formation, style etc.

senorj

Squeaky bum time indeed. Not sure what they were doing on their holibobs t’other week but there are a lot of injuries all of a sudden.
    What odds for liverpool to drop out of the 4 I wonder?! Their recent form does not deserve to win the league or instill me with confidence and will only bring joy to Binners. aaaagghh.
    😉

ransos
    Free Member

Agree with all that…. West Ham were good at times… but Liverpool could have snuck it at the end.

With a second offside goal!

martinhutch

What odds for liverpool to drop out of the 4 I wonder?! Their recent form does not deserve to win the league or instill me with confidence and will only bring joy to Binners. aaaagghh.

You sound like a City fan of old. Any success is to be accompanied by crushing despair at the next opportunity.

There can be a dip in form/results during a title-winning run. You’re still top!

Although two of your three next games are against Bayern and ManU away, so I guess we’ll find out pretty quick if you are doing an Arsenal.

theotherjonv

Jurgen’s going to have to show his management skills in the next few weeks that’s for sure. It’s easy when the points are coming week after week and all you have to do is a bit of touchline sprinting fist pumping. I know the’yre still 3 points in front and of course that’s where you’d rather be but at this level sport’s only partly on the pitch, the rest is in their heads and if they allow the ‘we might blow this’ thoughts in…..

For the impartial observer, next few weeks will be fun.

That said, their Feb fixtures are winnable (Bournemouth and Watford with trips to Utd and Munich at home in the middle!) but Everton and Spurs in March

City – have a busier Feb (6 vs 4), with Chelsea twice, three cup/CL games and a Manchester derby in March. Could Man Utd have a say in where the title goes – City or Liverpool (and is there a neither of the above option on that particular ballot paper!!)

binners

I’d say its a 3 horse race for the title. I really don’t know why people are writing Spurs off and just talking about it being City or Liverpool.

I’m just hoping that this means it’ll go right to the wire with everything hinging on the last game of the season. I still think theres plenty of twists left yet, when you look at the games still left to play

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

because sp*rs are perennial bottlers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Both Spurs and Liverpool have injury worries, City have fixture congestion – nicely evens things out a bit.
    As for Spurs being…. Take each season as it comes, you learn from mistakes if you are doing it right. Spurs will be happy to be where they are and written off, lets them just get on with things without all the attention.

binners

because sp*rs are perennial bottlers

Certainly no more than another team that springs readily to mind 😉

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Spurs have done amazing to keep in touch – they’ve had by far the worst injuries. The late winners v Watford, Fulham and Newcastle and the Champions League group miracle shows their character. Like binners I think it’s a three way race. Spurs still have Liverpool and City to play.

cheers_drive

Liverpool supporter here but I’m getting a bit peeved at others crowing on about how ‘we’ve only lost once this season’. The last two games should show the folly of this with Man City gaining a point on us by losing, then winning rather than our 2 draws. And look at Spurs who have lost 6 but have drawn 0 and are only 5 behind us.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Re writing off Spurs …. We come THIRD in a two horse race a couple of years ago.

The spot for 4th is hotting up someone mentioned above …. Yep that’s what we’ll be clinging on to, by the skin of our teeth.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Certainly no more than another team that springs readily to mind 😉

nope, they ain’t my team either

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Agree – they must be frustrating to support! Capable of shipping 4 to Wimbledon and mixing it with the top 6.

You’d think after blowing 100 million in the summer we may have a bit of consistency, but that would be so not West Ham…

Enjoyed the match last night – just a couple of issues.

1)Klopp & Van Dijk saying that before the game they had talked about the west ham strength being set pieces. Absolute tosh – we have been toilet at those throughout this season. Last night was an exception.

2) Commentators banging on about how Liverpool have been decimated by injuries. Have they even looked at our injury list? You could put a half decent 1st team out there with the names on our list.

3) Klopp saying that the ref over-compensated for the offside goal. The majority of the referee calls looked pretty decent, and when you take into account 1 clearly offside goal and one clearly offside last minute attempt that would have stood if it had not been saved, I think he has no argument at all. I like Klopp but he needs to stop and have a think sometimes when things don’t go his way.

I loved Pellegrini’s response to Klopp though.

And good luck to City – I always prefer them winning the league to either of the reds, spurs or Chelsea.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Mourinho guilty of tax evasion

It may go someway at explaining his erratic behaviour for the last few months.

binners

I think that was more down to him being a narcissistic bellend, who’s ego massively outweighed his abilities and all the players and fans despised 😉

And living like Alan Partridge in a hotel for years is going to send you loopy st some point

martinhutch

Mourinho guilty of tax evasion

And living like Alan Partridge in a hotel for years is going to send you loopy st some point

CASHBACK!

gobuchul
    Free Member

I wonder if he had a big plate?

cheers_drive

Pogba’s attampt to get rid on Jose back in November
    Cock, Piss, Partridge

binners

BACK OF THE NET!

😀

PrinceJohn

And just like that, Man City are top of the league… Will be interesting to see if Liverpool crack under pressure or smash out a win at the weekend…

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Pogba’s attempt to get rid of Jose also included just not trying for 6 months.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anyone watched Bobby Robson on Netflix? Brilliant, Even as a Scot, I loved sir Bobby, a giant of a man.

What a bloody manager as well.

binners

I’ll give that a viewing

Also worth watching on Netflix is Sunderland til I Die

You know the documentary about City’s victorious premiership-winning season? Well it’s the polar opposite of that. Compelling viewing in a slow-motion car crash sort of way. Behind the scenes documentary about their post-relegation season as things go from bad to worse, with the club in free fall

binners

I’m out for a few beers with my scouse mate tomorrow night. He’s just texted me to say he’s instigating a ‘swear box’ system for every time the words ‘bottling it’ crop up in conversation 😂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anyone watched Bobby Robson on Netflix? Brilliant, Even as a Scot, I loved sir Bobby, a giant of a man.

What a bloody manager as well.

Well I knew the room was going to be dusty but it reminds you what a man he was, my lasting memory of the happy times at Newcastle was sat a couple of sections up on that UEFA cup run, all the way through watching him live every game. There are a few out there who owe him some big apologies but more who owe him a lot of thanks.

binners

Fourth! Blimey Ole! 😳

Ten wins and a draw out of eleven and another outstanding performance from Pogba. Its going to get interesting now with PSG, Chelski and Liverpool up next

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Can’t see Ole parking the bus b Liverpool so the game might live up to hype for a change!

martinhutch

Chelsea could do with a bit of Jose bus-parking here.

binners

City look like they could get into double figures if they fancied it

weeksy

FFS Chelsea…. They could have at least made a bit of an effort !

martinhutch

City have slacked off a bit in the second half, only getting two. Still time for a couple more though.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.