Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • binners

OLE!!!!! 8 out of 8. They surely can’t even be thinking of anyone else other than Ole as a permanent manager or they’ll have a revolution on their hands. He’s a legend!

Amazed how tight we looked at the back. He’s definitely not a one trick pony

stevedoc
    Free Member

Binners I think it was a great move getting him as interim manager, he knows the club from top to bottom, but how much is the turn around down to the other coaching staff like Big Mike Phelan, who was outed as soon as Moyes came in.. That had a massive effect on players.
    The futures looking much better than it did 6 months ago anyway !

binners

Getting Big Mike Phelan in was the masterstroke! The man is a genius!

But we’ve got a man at the helm who we all ****ing adore, and who fully understands and loves this club

As opposed to that narcissistic idiot!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Everything he touches turns to gold at the moment like playing Lukaku right wing and he even got a performance from Sanchez.

Hope he gets it as weirdly I’m not convinced he’s the messiah. United could have a massive say in the title race with City and Liverpool at home.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

True, if he can keep this going until he gets the job it could set them back another 5 years 😉

The games against City and Liverpool will be good to check the progress.

But so far good business for the board, it would have cost them more than 23m to get another flop in as Jose’s next big thing.

Klunk
    Free Member

think the number 2 role is so important to a side, chelsea never recovered when Ray Wilkins was given the boot. The number 2 can be the players “mate” as he’s not the one picking the side.

binners

To be fair, I think we all know who picks the squad at Chelski, and it’s not the manager.

I’m just enjoying watching us play. Nice to hear the united fans making more noise than the home fans, especially when Tony scored #library 😛

binners

senorj

Got to be faves for the f.a. cup now & even if he loses the next four the board would be mad to replace him.
    It looks like I might be watching the match on the 24 feb from behind the sofa again….

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Get in the county, should be a nice bit of TV money with the replay.

MSP

City are revving up the goal machine after their blip.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well just as NUFC keep up their fine tradition of not making past the 4th round it appears AFC Wimbledon are keeping the magic of the cup alive
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/46893022

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Genius from Roy – essentially pre match comments making people believe by saying we are not interested in this ….. Premiership is all that matters….. then boom.

binners

Great result! Particularly as I had money on a Palace win with Townsend to score 😃

Spurs are in trouble. With the injuries they’ve got, they look toothless up front. Can’t get my head around not playing Ericson

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep certainly makes it way more likely the FA cup is heading to Manchester, now where are those sky blue ribbons….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fifth-round draw in full:
    Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town or Wolverhampton Wanderers

AFC Wimbledon v Millwall

Doncaster Rovers v Crystal Palace

Middlesbrough or Newport County v Manchester City

Chelsea v Manchester United

Swansea v Barnet or Brentford

Portsmouth or Queens Park Rangers v Watford

Brighton & Hove Albion or West Bromwich Albion or Derby County

think that cements City as favourites for me, though could be a League one side in the final with them!!

binners

I hate to say it, but I think you’re right Mike

Still…. leaves us free to concentrate on the Champions League 😂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Of course binners, be a nice trip to Paris…

MSP

Looks like it will be a long night for Newcastle.

MSP

That is bizarre refereeing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Watching this without sound so not quite sure what is going on, obviously city tried to cheat by taking the kick while the ref was still dealing with something after an unprovoked attack on dubravka and playing something called football there. I’d say they are luck to still have 11 on the pitch and be 1 up there……

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dear Jurgen

If we hang on here can we have a player…

weeksy

We’ll give Rafa the keys to the city!

You can have Lazar Markovic

weeksy

Now you can have Sturbridge!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Fancy a Sunderland reject too?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

City are revving up the goal machine after their blip.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I might have cheered here in the pub over here, what a result didn’t see that coming, we will take virgil thanks.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

In England’s top 5 divisions, the leaders begin with L. Liverpool, Leeds, Luton, Lincoln, Leyton Orient.

hodgynd
    Free Member

@MSP…indeed a long night for Newcastle..they are probably still drinking in the bars now …
    Brilliant result..and more good news on the way if media reports are to be believed with a club record signing of Miguel Almeiron..and a left back in the shape of Barrecca with medicals due today ..
    Guess that means we are stuck with Ashley still though ….not that I’ve ever believed he was serious about selling the club ..

senorj

Mr Smith – you can have Alberto Moreno as a 2 for one with Lazar. You are more than welcome. 🙂
    Genesiscore – quality random coincidence. good work.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Guess that means we are stuck with Ashley still though ….not that I’ve ever believed he was serious about selling the club ..

He is just feeding off the hate and free publicity he is getting. Must have thick skin though at the Cardiff game during the stand up if you hate Ashley chant some in the directors box got to their feet.

I shall be on my feet at the Huddersfield game, table could be interesting by then, do Spurs have any decent players?

hodgynd
    Free Member

..cant think of one who would get into the current Newcastle team at the moment….🙄😂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks like a miserable night (weather that is) in Merseyside on the tv though it will be worse in Manchester if Liverpool win tonight

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Some interesting scorelines, as a gooner I hope they stay as is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Most bonkers set of scores this season?

weeksy

Bah and arrggghhhh.

senorj

Indeed.
    I’d rather he played Dejan with Virgil tbh.
    There’s still time for Jurgen to buy Harry Maguire,pretty please.

binners

@mikewsmith – You’ve got to fancy your chances of getting something out of this today on present form?

weeksy

You think? I can see Spurs slotting 4-5

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

If Spurs can keep grinding out results until Kane is back they’re in with a shout! Unlike Liverpool they’ve been in contention a few times in the last few seasons.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.