Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • MSP

If you win today, united will be 6 points from 4th place, that is doable.

And IMO in terms of defence personnel, united are really not that far behind, it is just that jose took a wrecking ball to their confidence, not as good as the top 3 1st team squads, but at least a match for any of the other top 6 or 7.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I really think today will be the game of the season

SUN 13 JAN 2019PREMIER LEAGUE
    Tottenham v Man Utd
    Venue: Wembley Stadium

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh and for anyone who missed Rio’s trolling yesterday

Rio Ferdinand on Sunday once again provokes Newcastle United fans – Must read responses from journalists and fans

He sells his gear through Sports Direct, obviously that wouldn’t influence his views that much

My fav response

Tino’s Fur Coat:

‘Whatever gear you took in 2003 must’ve been some strong stuff.’

binners

Looks like Ole is starting with Pogba, Lingard, Rashford and Tony Marshall with Lukaku and Sanchez left on the bench. Not messing around then? That’s some pace up front

With the form Kane, Song are Ericson are all on, this could be a bit of a goal-fest. I think Spurs look a lot tighter at the back than us though.

Should be a cracking game!

MSP

A couple of years ago, I thought that a front line of Rashford, Lingard and Martial was a match for city’s Sane, Jesus and Sterling. Didn’t work out that way under Jose, but that has got to be the future for united.

Good for England as well IMO, for Sterling and Rashford to be playing in a front three formation for clubs and country, Lingard as well, although he probably wouldn’t be first choice with all other options available. I said in the world cup thread, instead of the idiotic calls to replace Sterling with Rashford, they should have been playing together on either side of a front three then.

binners

What a ball that was from Pogba! Great finish as well. Proper route 1! That’ll do.

Should be a lively second half

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Spurs just not quite clicking at the front there, they have had plenty of time in the UTD box already. Good counter though from a bad mistake, could well be the pace of the mid week game is hurting spurs a little here.

MSP

Good ball from Pogba, but not world class FFS, why does everyone go so over the top when Pogba does something merely ok.

Anyway, while it is probably to late for utd to make a charge to the top 3, they are looking like a team that might affect the title race with who they could take points from.

MSP

Every shot spurs make is straight at De Gea, maybe if they aim at him they will miss and score.

binners

Best keeper in the world. Thankfully

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well it does sem De Gea has been saving himself for today!!

MSP

It is a good goalkeeping display in his positioning, he has made no mistakes and weathered the pressure, but he hasn’t had to make any difficult saves.

I love matches like this though, perhaps lacking in ultimate quality, but proper blood and glory.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Great keeper best in the World…..hhmm!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well not the result I’d expected, I think if Spurs had not played mid week it would have been different, they were still cutting through them and getting in and about the box.

MSP

I think spurs probably at least deserved a draw, but they just didn’t have their shooting boots on.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Wow … when Man U lose De Gea and they could be in a whole heap of poop. He must have won 9-12 points on his own this season.

binners

Spanish Dave gets voted our player of the season, every season, by the supporters.

With good reason. God only knows how we’ve managed to keep hold of him. Best keeper in the world by a country mile

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Could be your year to make it into the top four binbins? Amazing season for your footballing guys if you can do that. You must be very excited. I’m excited for you.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Team belief is getting stronger with every game .. Its almost writing itself every week with the same starting 11 which can only be a good thing. 6 wins from 6 for Oli with a little help for greater powers :).

Good win

MSP

Blimey, this actually does look like it is a mutual decision, they are going to have to find a new way of describing sacking managers now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well, I think the last time I watched NUFC up by 2 goals was at Old Trafford, hopefully we can hang on this time!!

To borrow a phrase, never win anything with kids 🙂

martinhutch

Oh well Mike…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hey it’s back to a ll square!! It’s nice to go in at half time all square

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ah here we are, the NUFC season summed up in one game so far, hope, dashed, lose 2 centre backs to injury, give up defensively, play way more time than we should do, fail to get out when we could and our gobby/ego rich shit striker is getting shown up by the kids.

Better pick up some boots before Saturday, could get a game…..

Anyone want to invest £300 mil?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah 2 clear and tits ooout on the terraces 😉

binners

This Wolves Leicester game is an absolute belter! Some cracking goals. Wolves look good, but Leicester are all over the shop at the back

mikewsmith
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

Finally, first win I've seen since last season!

A post shared by Michael Smith (@smithmichaelw) on

About time, but Cardiff are truly awful.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did anyone swap Kane for Llorente in FF this week?

GOAL – Fulham 1-0 Tottenham
    Llorente OG

Come on Spurs, some of us need to see 19 & 20 getting cut off here

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For those of you not on twitter or who are but missed this thread, it’s fantastic. (For ref, the thread’s author is Australian.)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

genius, I’ve heard a few of them travel by train these days, though I don’t think any of the City squad were on the Trans Pennine Express from Huddersfield Sunday night

spursn17
    Free Member

Did anyone swap Kane for Llorente in FF this week?

I’d swap Llorente for a packet of Haribo.
    Useless, utterly useless!

binners

Should be a good game tonight given where we both are in the league. I reckon it’ll be a ‘proper’ cup game as its the only chance (however unlikely) either of us have got for any silverware this season. It’ll be full squads out and going for it!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Sigh……I’m going to some Burns Shite night thing FFS! Think the Gunners are gonna kick arse tonight! 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Hope Sanchez starts, will be good for the atmosphere.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Any predictions?
    9 goals or 1?

Appreciating the OGS tactical master class there on the BBC

binners

Great game. Wide open. The one thing that is unbelievable is that they’re boing to let Ramsey run his contract down and go on a free!

He’s your best player by a country mile

Madness!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Been a good one, some great bits of sportsmanship breaking out in the last few weeks which makes a refreshing change.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and there is a point where Arsenal revert to type and try and walk it in with a 37 pass intricate play through the box….

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.