Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • Klunk
    Free Member

this is awful from both sides

bigdaddy

It’s tedious is this… 🙄

Caher

It got a lot better when I watched something else.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dander

International football is poor isn’t it? Players don’t want to be there and the standard can’t compete with the Champions League. I’d far rather watch club games.

mrmoofo

Isn’t this the Milk Cup for international teams ?

(That said England were awful)

binners

International football is poor isn’t it? Players don’t want to be there and the standard can’t compete with the Champions League. I’d far rather watch club games

It’s not just poor, it’s absolutely ****ing dismal. Seriously… who actually watches this shite? Does anyone actually care? If so… WHY?!

I find it beyond comprehension why anyone would waste 2 hours of their life watching Engerland in some Mickey Mouse Cup. And don’t even get me started on interrupting the proper season for whats apparently been deemed by Sep Blatter as the World Cup

International football is, at best, a complete irrelevance and waste of time where your star striker will probably do his hamstring, and in the case of this World Cup a celebration of corruption that is happily destroying ‘proper’ football to line the pockets of a loud of dodgy bastards and glorify a vile, murderous regime

I hope this will be the final nail in the coffin of it and we never ever have to endure this shite ever again.

If there was never another international played ever again, I’d rejoice in that.

It’s utter bollocks! The best it will ever get is a mid-table championship game

I’m sure that like most people I’m going to be absolutely ****ing overjoyed to have a 6 week break in the real season for us to instead watch the spectacle of Macedonia playing Switzerland in an empty air conditioned stadium in a god-forsaken desert

All while a FIFA executive beats a migrant worker to death with a shovel, before going back to his hotel room with a bag of coke and a couple of rent boys, while woman outside the stadium is horse-whipped for not wearing her hijab correctly

**** FIFA! And **** Qatar!

Caher

you seem to be sitting on the fence as regards the Qatar World Cup. I think it will set a trend for future micro sporting tournaments. I’ll be looking forward to the Olympic Games in Monaco.

kilo

a celebration of corruption that is happily destroying ‘proper’ football to line the pockets of a loud of dodgy bastards and glorify a vile, murderous regime

Isnt that pretty much the Premier league’s ownership m.o as well?

binners

Isn’t that pretty much the Premier league’s ownership m.o as well?

I know that East Manchester is pretty rough but I don’t think they killed a load of migrant workers while building the stadium 😉

configuration
    Free Member

All while a FIFA executive beats a migrant worker to death with a shovel, before going back to his hotel room with a bag of coke and a couple of rent boys, while woman outside the stadium is horse-whipped for not wearing her hijab correctly

**** FIFA! And **** Qatar!

Yep. Can’t agree more with that. Qatar isn’t quite as mentalfundalist about women’s attire as Saudi or Iran (for ‘non-Muslim’ women anyway), but their laws concerning human rights are more than enough reason to boycott that disgusting farce of a ‘sporting event’. Whilst I won’t hold any individual player to account, I do think nations that claim to embrace ‘inclusivity’ and stand against racism, sexism, homophobia etc, are somewhat completely hypocritical for taking part.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/middle-east-and-north-africa/qatar/report-qatar/

It deserves repeating: **** FIFA, and **** Qatar.

binners

As with most things in Football, ask God Eric what he thinks. He’s not usually wrong

On the news this morning it said that FIFA were seeking assurances that if a gay couple wanted to attend a world cup game they would not be arrested if they held hands in public, as homosexuality is officially illegal, and were told that it would ‘probably be ok’

Well thats ok then

Even by the moral vacuum of modern football, this world cup is an absolute obscenity

PrinceJohn

Probably isn’t really good enough.

Will they arrest players for missing each other after scoring?

Caher

I agree with Eric and endorse his view, but I’ll probably still watch it as it’ll be better than Strictly or EastEnders.

binners

Will anyone bother watching Engerland get trounced by Germany tonight, if Germany can even be bothered?

So it’s 500 minutes of football since Engerlandscored. Surely if you’ve watched all of that, it must fit the UN definition of ‘cruel and unusual torture’? I can’t fathom why anybody would do it voluntarily

Mrs Binners refuses to even bet on Nations League matches, even the ones like tonight with glaringly obvious result, as “it’ll only encourage them” 😂

MSP

I will probably do my usual, watch about 20 mins, wonder how so much attacking talent can be so wasted and give up.

It was more interesting watching when we had  a worse team you could hope would step up and pull of a surprise victory. But with the quality of players we have now, to be so constrained by the tactics is too frustrating.

blackhat
    Free Member

Been along standing policy of mine not to watch international friendlies unless i am short of sleep. Quiz night on BBC2 looks the better option.

argee

England have 35 minutes to save Maguires blushes!

Caher

Maguire will go back to his family on Easter Island in shame. He should hang down his giant head. More mistimed than the libertarian budget.

MoreCashThanDash

So I switched over when we went 2-0 down, and missed all the action by the look of it.

Klunk
    Free Member

Treebeard would be nimbler than Pope! As for Slab ‘ed just why ? why ?

neilnevill
    Free Member

So international Fandango break done and we have the madness of 13 games in 44 days. Straight in with a big one, early kickoff at the Library for the be NDL. I’ll be honest, I’ll take a draw, but I always hope to thump Woolwich!

Caher

Good game this north London derby. Complemented by some top Richarlison scowling. He’ll have a face like Sid James before he’s 40.

dander

Glad to see the return of proper footy after that international nonsense.

Looking forward to the Manchester derby tomorrow and in particular Haaland (Ivan Drago) up against Martinez (Rocky). Stern test for the Ten Hag revolution!

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’m only looking at the feed on my phone but reads as an entertaining first half. Let’s face it, sometimes these NLDs can be high on emotion, commitment and passion but low on football, not the case today I think. I’m taking the penalty as a good sign Woolwich are still ****scared of our frontline and STILL lacking in the ability to keep their heads. Spurs have been the bottlers for years but imv shock that off a few years ago and despite the improvements arteta had brought to the gooners they fell apart completely when it mattered at the end of last season…. Hopefully they still have that in them.

si77

Meanwhile Congleton Town vs AFC Fylde is being shown live on the red button right now. Come on you Bears!

dander

Blimey, Arsenal look like the real deal.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh dear.

binners

Looking forward to the Manchester derby tomorrow and in particular Haaland (Ivan Drago) up against Martinez (Rocky). Stern test for the Ten Hag revolution

Should be an interesting punch-up. I’m going for Martinez giving him a serious reducer in the opening couple of minutes. It’s great to have a defender who actually owns a pair, who isn’t completely mental (like Rojo). It’s been a while

I’m actually going into a Manchester derby without the usual sense of impending doom. A novelty. We might actually get a decent game. Possibly…

Meanwhile, over at Anfield… 😂

martinhutch

Meanwhile, over at Anfield… 😂

What? Just a top-four team dealing with a mid-table outfit.

EDIT: maybe…

ElShalimo

Southampton have 6 players in their starting lineup with double-barrel names

6!

dander

Said a few weeks ago Liverpool might finish outside the top four and each game is changing ‘might’ to ‘will’ What’s happened to their defence??!

argee

Said a few weeks ago Liverpool might finish outside the top four and each game is changing ‘might’ to ‘will’ What’s happened to their defence??!

Just watched the highlights, each Brighton goal is created from the left, teams are focusing on Trent Alexander-Arnold as he is the weak spot and he was at fault for the first two, and didn’t do much for the third, this type of issue is where most managers would go to a back 5, but Klopp doesn’t want to lose an attacker.

They’ve become so focused on their front 3 that when they’re not on fire you start seeing that the defence is limited and the midfield don’t really provide much in terms of goals or assists.

dander

Hmmmm, good points argee. I believe Trent is a midfielder turned right back and it shows defensively. Unfortunately his languid style isn’t helping – he doesn’t look to be busting a gut trying to get back and cover. Wonder if the longer term plan would see him on the right of a midfield three (where Henderson plays). When Ramsay is fit maybe a few games on the bench would give him a kick up the arse.

binners

Has there ever been a player in football that has turned their form around like Granit Xhaka?

He is absolutely unrecognisable from the player of a few seasons ago

binners

Just watching MOTD and can anyone explain why Tiago Silva didn’t get a straight red for a clearly deliberate handball against the last man to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity?

Surely that ticks all the boxes to be walking, yet he got a yellow?

Seriously… what is the point of VAR when it’s just the referees union backing up each other’s decisions?

Caher

Has there ever been a player in football that has turned their form around like Granit Xhaka?

Yep said the same on this thread a few weeks back, about his redemption. Huge turnaround.

binners

@Caher – I’d imagine it’s been as frustrating as watching Pogba put in countless half-arsed performances for us when they look like a different player at internationals.

I remember watching him score an absolute screamer in the Euro’s and thinking that he’d never done that for Arsenal

He’s not just been putting in shifts, he’s been putting in proper captains performances

Caher

I suppose the real frustration with Pogba is he collected a vast salary to deliberately underperform, whereas Xhaka just looked woefully out of his depth. Like Truss.

binners

Well none of us we’re sorry to see the back of him. It cost us the thick end of a quarter of a billion quid to watch him casually jogging around the centre circle, looking like he’d rather be anywhere else. He never delivered anything

It’s good to see Xhaka looking like he’s loving every minute of it. This looks like a serious Arsenal squad playing the type of attacking football they played under Wenger at his peak. Serious contenders this season. Jesus is the signing that’s finished the jigsaw

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New deal added to Members Discounts