Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • weeksy

Looks like it is Potter, I guess he will take it, I realy rate him but suspect he will be another chelsea managerial casualty and doing so will damage him

Yeah but after 18 months and £20m the pain won’t feel so bad 🙂

neilnevill
    Free Member

potter would seem a strange choice to me, I’d expect chelsea to chase a’Big’ manager. Poch replaced tuchel at PSG didn’t he? chelsea do have history of going for the previous replacement of a manager they just sacked (AVB after Morinho). I’d rather in wasn’t Poch myself, but so long as they don’t try and steal conte I’m not concerned I guess…..causing disruption at another big club by pursuing their manager is nice for neutral fans ….Pep needs a new challenge….ETH bail early…..Klopp definitely on the down slope at liverpool….Arteta…yeah…but probably not.

imnotverygood

Potter to Chelsea? The only problem I can see is that his Brighton team sometimes
    struggled to turn draws into wins, which seems rather familiar.

dander

And whether the egos in the dressing room will accept him. By all accounts he’s a very good coach, making players better. Good for him to be offered the chance I guess, and yeah he’ll be rich in a year or so!

muggomagic

Gutted. We’ve lost our 2 best players, our top scorer and now we’re about to lose our manager.
    Never had this problem in league 2.

weeksy

I’m not being ridiculously biased here am I? But how can either of those be penalities in the Liverpool game, let alone both.

It’s no wonder I’ve fallen out of love with football

salad_dodger

Chelsea better be quick getting Potter in or Liverpool will beat them to it.

dander

Didn’t they give Klopp a new, long, contract recently? They look knackered! Hangover from last season – or the last 3 or 4 seasons?

weeksy

Just one of those nights I guess, or months, lol.

bigdaddy

It’s a goal fest! Channelling the spirit of Barcelona? 4-5 anyone??

argee

Liverpool look to have Thiago back at least, but they have shown how weak they are in the middle, and the defence and midfield don’t seem to be chipping in with goals.

As stated before, think it’ll be a long season for some teams like Liverpool and Chelsea, i’ve never really bought this whole ManC and Liverpool being light years ahead, Man City have that strength in depth, but you take a couple of players out of Liverpool and they’re back in the pack.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Another unconvincing performance from spurs…. But richarlison has got his first goals and looks like got us the win. Good, I’d have been peed off to waste points at home.

Caher

In the Liverpool game there was very little extra time given how many deaths Napoli suffered.
    This looked like the Liverpool team that lost heavily to Seville a few years ago.

binners

Should be… erm… interesting

Caher

Blimey Costa! Could be an inspired signing for Wolves…or not.
    Speaking about managers leaving clubs, one of the most bitter departures was when Mark Magee left Reading just after signing a long-term contract and leading to 2nd place by December 1994 then leaving mid-season. Queue subsequent slide.
    Even today if you mention his name in one of the bistros or sushi bars in Reading a terrible chorus of tut tutting will be aimed at you.

rogermoore

Couple more fixtures off this weekend as expected!
    RM.

binners

So more cancelled fixtures then a couple of weeks of utterly and completely pointless Nations League matches that nobody gives a toss about anyway?

Great!

Have we found out why it’s ok to play all other sporting fixtures apart from football?

MSP

Perfect year for fixture congestion later in the season.

I can understand the fixture postponements next weekend with the policing manpower requirements, but the knee jerk reaction to join in this past weekends festival of sickening sycophancy was stupid and unnecessary.

Caher

Have we found out why it’s ok to play all other sporting fixtures apart from football?

Policing apparently.

rogermoore

Yep, with MSP on this. Should have been at Elland Rd right now! After the internationals we won’t have played for 4 weeks. Then 5 weeks of games and it’s 8 weeks off for the World Cup. Mental!
    RM.

sandboy

Blimey Costa! Could be an inspired signing for Wolves…or not.

I think we were unfortunately in a position where we are “scraping the bottom of the barrel”!
    Our new striker signed from Stuttgart did his ACL on his debut just as the window closed. The alternatives were Daniel Sturridge or Andy Carrol!!
    It really is going one of two ways.

ElShalimo

Other sports don’t have the potential for crowd trouble

Lots of police redeployed for QE2 state funeral

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Lots of police redeployed for QE2 state funeral

massive over reaction for the sinking of a boat

binners

I really can’t comprehend why, given that there’s a big break for this stupid winter World Cup, they’re going ahead with these pointless international friendlies.

I foresee an awful lot of phantom injuries in the next week or so that miraculously cure themselves once these ludicrous Mickey Mouse Cup games are out of the way

MSP

Other sports don’t have the potential for crowd trouble

Other funerals don’t need a police presence either.

argee

I foresee an awful lot of phantom injuries in the next week or so that miraculously cure themselves once these ludicrous Mickey Mouse Cup games are out of the way

There’s still a few places up for grabs, I can see those friendlies being well supported by players!

binners

Spursey

Caher

With these awfully stupid nations tournament/waste of time and the sandy world cup, clubs will have to play at be times a week to catch up.

jimdubleyou

Spursey.

binners

Unbelievable ‘super sub’ performance by Son.

Who the hell does he think he is? Ole Gunnar Solskjær? 😂

He’s absolute quality! Three absolutely superb finishes!

argee

It’s only leicester, they are proper rubbish this year, Rodgers again showing his lack of being able to adapt during matches, or making changes at the right time, think he must be getting close to seeing if Sky need any more pundits this year 😂

binners

Leicester were all over the shop at the back

Rodgers has to be odds on for the next manager to go. They’re woeful!

What’s the record timeframe from winning the league to getting relegated?

bungle

Chapeau to Maddison for his individual performance but especially that post-match interview

fazzini

Who the hell does he think he is? Ole Gunnar Solskjær? 😂

No-one’s that good 😉

Rodgers out I reckon

neilnevill
    Free Member

Nice one Sonny! Couldn’t be helpful for him

binners

No-one’s that good 😉

Admittedly he’s got a way to go to match Ole’s 4 goals in 10 minutes supersub performance, but it’s a start 😂

Seriously though, Fergie always said about Ole that he left him on the bench because he’d never seen a player read a game so well, so after he’d been itching to get on, when he did he knew all the weaknesses to ruthlessly exploit

Looks like Son did pretty much the same today

binners

Black suits and black ties on MOTD? FFS!!! 🙄

dirtyrider
    Free Member

City got relegated the year after winning in 1936/37

theotherjonv

Black suits and black ties on MOTD? FFS!!!

First PL games and MOTD on the national broadcaster since the death / in the period of national mourning.

It does feel like folks are now looking for stuff to get indignant about. Micah Richards is still looning it up so it’s not exactly causing a problem.

Klunk
    Free Member

Ray Wilkins has pulled his boots on I see !

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.