Viewing 40 posts - 2,841 through 2,880 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I really doubt that Leeds will be able to compete in the Championship even. I fear a dip into the third tier again sometime soon.

binners

On a positive note, you’ve got Spurs next 😂

martinhutch

You’re not down yet! If it was anyone else but Spurs for you next I’d probably agree with you, though. But what could be more Spursy than losing to one of the worst sides in the division as a send-off for Harry?

EDIT: Great minds etc

binners

It would be the ultimate embodiment of ‘Spursy’

Up until this point you would have thought that it would have been Saturday and throwing away an early lead to lose 3-1 at home to Brentford but I think they can go one better than that before the seasons out

dirtyrider
    Free Member

yer was just looking through stuff, and they are at home to Spurs

so

Leeds v Spurs

(Leeds Home) DWLLDD v LDDLLL (Spurs Away)

Everton v Bournemouth

(Everton Home) LWDLLL v LLWWWL (Bournemouth Away)

Leicester v West Ham

(Leicester Home) LLLWDL v LWWLLL (West Ham Away)

so all 3 at home,

Leicester have the best goal difference -18, v Everton (-24) and Leeds (-27)

you literally couldn’t make a prediction on anything, they all could win, they all could lose, and I don’t think we’ll be any nearer an answer after half time on Sunday

2 from 3 of Leeds, Leicester and Everton are gone though, so it’s either Leeds after a short stay, the 2016 League Winners, or Everton, who have been in the out of the top division only 4 times since 1887

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

@martinhutch Yep, we’re not down yet but it’s going to take a miracle for us to remain in the Premiership. We’ve been completely outclassed all season and it’s painful to watch now.

binners

but it’s going to take a miracle for us to remain in the Premiership

Have you watched the Spurs defence?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Have you watched the Spurs defence?

Have you seen the Leeds goal scoring options? 🤣 Bamford probably out injured also now.

Granted, the Spurs defence is shocking but still not holding any hope of staying in the Premier league.

theotherjonv

I fancy that Sam will find the motivation and tactics to beat Spurs.

But I reckon Dyche will do the same for Everton and you and Leicester will go down anyway.

johndoh
    Free Member

Bamford probably out injured also now.

And Rodrigo apparently.

But I honestly have no idea what is going to happen on Sunday – with the way this season has gone, we can’t take anything for granted (ie, Forest beating Arsenal, Everton spanking Brighton etc).

Caher

Just saw the segment on Vinicius jr. Appalling.

inkster
    Free Member

Just watched a 10 minute clip of the Vinivius Juniour incodent on YouTube to se the full context.

Perhaps the most appalling thing of all was the behaviour of the Valencia players. When Vini confronted the crowd, the Valencia players took every opportunity to exploit the situation and get him sent off and they succeeded.

They acted entirely in concert with the racist fans.

argee

Can’t believe Leicester played so meekly, one game left, all 3 in the fight playing at home, and against teams that have nothing to really play for, their premiership future isn’t in their own hands.

theotherjonv

Nearly came off though….

binners

Has anyone had a phone call from Spurs yet about the vacant managers position yet?

fazzini

Has anyone had a phone call from Spurs yet about the vacant managers position yet?

Yep.

Turned ’em down.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Maguire is in the England squad. Clucking Bell!

Caher

I’m ghosting Levy.

binners

Maguire is in the England squad. Clucking Bell!

Well at least he’ll be fresh. Our 5th choice centre back has only played about 20 minutes football all season. Thank christ!

Sterling was apparently going to be in the squad too if he wasn’t injured

What is it? A testimonial match?

johndrummer
    Free Member

It’s Malta, isn’t it? May as well be a testimonial

muggomagic

I was at the Amex last night to see Brighton seal 6th place and Europa league football next season, which is absolutely nuts. It was a great game, 2 teams just going for it and our goal was something else the build up and the Enciso smashing it in the top corner from 25 yards.

Other than the last 2 relegation places there’s very little riding on the last games on Sunday (that’s assuming Man Utd get at least a point tonight).

dander

That’s magnificent. Missed that last night.

Well done United, back in the big cup.

binners

The scoreline flattered us a bit. Chelsea are a shambles at the back but they created a lot of chances. A pity for them that Frank left their only player who can finish sat on the bench for most of the match

Can’t quite believe where we are, to be honest. Ten Hag has done a superb job with some quality signings. Most of all…

He was brilliant again tonight.

We were all over the place at the start of the season, now we’re looking at finishing 3rd, back in the Champions League, won the League cup with the FA Cup final next weekend. I certainly didn’t see that coming while we were getting an absolute shoeing off Brentford and I was swearing even more than usual at Harry Maguire

frankconway

In an example of stating the bleedin’ obvious, Lampard says…’Chelsea must get the basics right’.
    Incisive thinking.

scratch
    Free Member

Banging the drum a bit here but at roughly the same age and with barely any playing experience Cooper has really shown Gerrard, Parker and Lamps the standard of whats expected.

binners

In an example of stating the bleedin’ obvious, Lampard says…’Chelsea must get the basics right’.
    Incisive thinking.

If he carries on like that he’ll be getting the Spurs job

For the Ted Lasso fans (everyone, surely?) Stan Chow’s been busy

Caher

BBC gossip column is running the idea that Brendan Rodgers is in the frame for the Spurs job – what next buy Timo Werner to score goal?

binners

Whoever gets the Spurs job – and my money is definitely on Rodgers (I’ve stuck a fiver on it at 5/1) – will last a shorter time than Nuno Espirito Santo. Gone by Christmas with Spurs in the bottom half of the table

Whatever happens, Spurs fans are going to spend the whole of next season wailing as they look enviously at Poch in the dugout at Stamford Bridge as he sorts out that particular car crash

PrinceJohn

Imagine being a Spurs fan at the moment, star striker & club legend going to Utd of all people & Rodgers coming in as manager…

ElShalimo

Predictions for tomorrow?

I’ll go for Everton scraping a late winner and staying up. It’ll be Barry Horne all over again

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Nah, I reckon Everton will have a comfortable win.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Everton and Leicester to win.

Leeds to lose.

dc1988

How did Dortmund manage that?

theotherjonv

Rumours that Philip Schofield has turned down the Spurs job – says he has his reputation to think of.

argee

dc1988
    How did Dortmund manage that?

They’re proper bottle merchants, have been all season, they haven’t challenged Bayern, getting hammered in their games, it’s been Bayern who have been out of sorts, yet still manage to win the league.

Caher

What a rubbish league the bundesliga is. 10 in a row, has to be right now the least competitive in Europe.
    Hoping Leeds stay up tomorrow. Biggest city with 1 club – probably in Europe.

dander

SPL is worse – bar Rangers win under Gerrard, it’s too easy for Celtic. And although EPL is good to watch, City have won 5 out the last 6.

binners

Yeah, but it’s Leeds

They’ll be ok because… Spurs

MSP

City have won 5 out the last 6

United won 5 of the first PL titles, but haven’t won now in 10 years. City’s dominance will end when Pep decides to call it a day, they will still be a serious contender but IMO no other manager will come close to the success he drives. Bayern win the bundesliga even when crippled with political infighting and poor decision making that could match the Glaziers. There is no sign of their dominance fading, I wouldn’t be surprised if they won 30 in a row.

argee

Most leagues are just not as competitive as you’d think, Financial Fair Play is making it even harder, as those teams who were ‘big teams’ have the structure to bring money in, and makes it harder for teams trying to grow fast, the reason Man City are doing so well is that they’ve been building the entire structure over 15 years, they now have a great training academy, scouting network, stadium and sponsorships, as well as pulling power.

The thing that’s annoying to see is the big clubs just hoovering up all the youth players from others for a pittance, smaller clubs grow their youth, nurture them and then a big team comes in, gives them their first pro contract at double or treble what the other club can offer and then just loan them out every year, would be nice to see something brought in to either slow this down, or allow the original club to gain more throughout the career of that player, i.e. 10% of all transfer profit or similar.

Anyway, the big thing about all the lack of competitiveness is that you can almost see that European League building itself in the next few years, not sure it would actually be financially better for the big teams though, or the majority of them at least.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,841 through 2,880 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.