Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • PrinceJohn

Regarding Toney, 8 month ban coming right at the end of the season so 3 months of it doesn’t effect anything

dander

Yeah, agree. De Bruyne’s radar has been a bit wonky tonight.

ElShalimo

It’s a shame that last one didn’t come off Rudiger

theotherjonv

City. Quite good…..

Inter were saying last night they wanted to avoid Real. They might be rethinking…..

dander

I can’t recall a better performance from a club side in a big game? Dominant.

theotherjonv

Good win for Newcastle – mid match squeaky bum but good value for the win overall. One more win, hopefully Vs Leicester on Monday….

But today’s story – Sheff Weds 0-4 after the playoff first leg, come back and take it to extra time in the 90+9th minute. Real Fergie time stuff. And who’s Peterborough’s manager??? Yep…. Darren Ferguson

johndoh
    Free Member

Bonkers

Caher

And who’s Peterborough’s manager??? Yep…. Darren Ferguson

Any self-respecting burglar would be advised to stay well clear of Peterborough.

Caher

It’s late – I misread that as Duncan Ferguson

ransos
    Free Member

Ugly scenes after West Ham’s game last night, ultras going after the players’ families.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

And who’s Peterborough’s manager??? Yep…. Darren Ferguson

Things you love to see… that smarmy **** 4-0 up and cruising and then get walloped.

dannybgoode

Took the boy to only his second match last night. Went to the last game of the season against Derby and it was pretty drab but he enjoyed it enough want to go last night.

Warned him before setting off that he was probably in for a night of disappointment but that he may just see the game he’ll ever go to.

Unbelievable, on the rare occasions (these days) Hillsborough gets going like that it’s such a special atmosphere and that game had just about everything.

Should have been easy for Peterborough, they just needed to lose by 3 0 or less but Wednesday just kept at them and the crowd was incredible. Would have been easy to be down on the players after Friday but everyone was behind the team.

And I’m particularly pleased for Moore after the vile abuse he’s been subjected to. To get the players back up and motivated and believing – just immense.

I’ll not forget the wall of noise when the 4th went in. Just about recovered now from the excitement.

Just need to try and get Wembley tickets now!

sc-xc

^ Really pleased for big Dave, especially as it would have pissed Adrian **** Durham off.

alanl
    Free Member

And Annan have done it, their first promotion to Scottish Division 1.

scratch
    Free Member

Pleased for Wednesday, always had a soft spot for them as it was one of my first away games with Forest as a school kid with mates mid 90s.

We won by a margin that day but my lasting memory was of one steward telling the whole away end to stop banging the old wooden seats up and down, guess how that planned out 🙂

Hope the do well in the final.

dannybgoode

@sc-xc – you need to listen to this

dannybgoode

And so it’s the deedahs at Wembley. Got to try and get tickets. Went when we played Hull in the championship play offs and it was a great day out even if the result was not what I wanted.

Will take the boy this time though as he’s getting quite into it.

Every chance of it being a game of disappointment following the high of Thursday night but being an Owls supporter this is way…

binners

Kane scoring in the 7th minute, then ending up losing 3-1 at home to Brentford, as they leapfrog you in the table, has to be the Spursiest thing ever! 😂

Caher

Missed that was too nice so went out on the bike but pity. Nothing like watching Kane lose. Did he manage to fall over a few times at least?

twistedpencil

We are premier league say we are Premier league!

Wasn’t expecting that. Handing City the title after they spanked us 6-0 back in August.

scratch
    Free Member

Get in!!!!

Where’s that chap on here who did nothing but chime in to tell us the Gooners were top of the league every week???

argee

Good to see Forest stay up, they stuck to the task and have come good at the right time of the season, whilst not going for the nuclear option like other clubs did!

Missed that was too nice so went out on the bike but pity. Nothing like watching Kane lose. Did he manage to fall over a few times at least?

Oh yes, he fell over in the build up to the second Brentford goal expecting the freekick, i bet the ref had tinnitus after that one!

dander

Yeah, pleased for Forest and Steve Cooper. He worked wonders to get them up and then having to sort a team out of all the players the owner bought.

Who’s going down then? Leicester, probably, there doesn’t seem to be much fight in them and then one from Leeds or Everton. Please be Everton!

theotherjonv

Some sides would use the experience to harden their resolve and come back next season better for it.

The way Arsenal have crumbled……12 points in April / May from 9 games – that rate of return over a season would put them in 11th / 12th

I wonder if confidence will be shattered, and is there a response to be had.

dander

I think they’ll struggle to be top four next year. United, Liverpool will be better, Newcastle will buy and Villa could be outsiders too. Going against the grain a. It but I’ve never been convinced by Gabriel Jesus. Misses too many chances.

Caher

I know what you mean about Jesus (Gabriel), I think Pep might have seen a little inconsistantcy there. Was a world beater prior to his injury.

argee

The way Arsenal have crumbled……12 points in April / May from 9 games – that rate of return over a season would put them in 11th / 12th

Second year in a row where they’ve gone spursy on the run in, they’re back in the CL now and battling top 4, but nowhere near winning the league, next year will be another change, Chelsea will come back stronger, Liverpool will fix areas of concern they have, Newcastle will strengthen and ManU will probably buy someone like Kane and others to try and get that push to challenge.

joepud
    Free Member

Second year in a row where they’ve gone spursy on the run in, they’re back in the CL now and battling top 4, but nowhere near winning the league,

While I agree we have gone full Gallas in the centre circle this season to say we are “nowhere near winning the league” is a bit of a reach. The Saliba injury really hurt us we need to focus on quality back up defenders and replace Xhaka. Currently far closer than anyone else some 10 odd points clear of newcastle and united.

This city side is unreal 3 titles in a row and something like 5 out of the last 6. It will take a lot to beat them over a season.

theotherjonv

Currently far closer than anyone else some 10 odd points clear of newcastle and united.

Yeh, but what’s the real Arsenal. First part of season over over achieving has put you there; current form is mid table at best. And past seasons is not convincing me the first bit is the real you.

You’re not a Leicester, you’ve way more talent than even their Premier winning side, they had an amazing start and the wheels never came off. You had an amazing half season, even 3/4….. and then imploded, and I don’t think Arteta has the right character to have arrested it.

Cletus

Arsenal’s fall-off is pretty dramatic – even Spursy – but they did play some good football and, if City overcome the not inconsiderable hurdles on Man United and Inter to win the treble will probably be remembered for being the ideal pacemakers who delivered Pep’s team to a position where they were able to rest and prepare their strongest team for the two finals.

Contrast to previous seasons where the struggle to cross the line before Liverpool left City in a pretty exhausted state especially when losing to Chelsea in the chumps league final.

Difficult to predict next year other than that City will be the team to beat although they have work to do in midfield if Silva and Gundogan leave. Chelsea will need a season to get organised but may sneak top four. No idea if Liverpool and United will improve but Arsenal need reinforcements to compete again – Kane would probably be the ideal signing for them 😉

MSP

The rumours about Rice to Arsenal is definitely an upgrade in the middle of the park, Jesus is better on the left IMO, he gives way more than anyone (apart from possibly Bernardo Silva) pressing from the front, and runs at defenders when coming in from the left rather than just passing back everytime but just doesn’t score enough goals to lead the line, he is a fantastic tactical option rather than a guaranteed starter IMO. So the gooners need Rice, a much better backup for a centre back and a 20 goal striker, Zinny is also a tactical option at leftback or midfeild IMO so probably an actual left back would help. Easier said than done.

I think the rest of the PL should be hoping that city win the treble, and Pep then decides his work is done, because I can’t see them relenting as long as he is in charge, and he looks rejuvenated and happy with the challenge this year, so the dominance is likely to continue as long as he remains.

dander

Arsenal have a very good left back in Tierney – better defensively than Zinchenko. Rumours about he may be off to Newcastle, or even City. Arteta doesn’t rate him.

Can’t see City dropping off – 5 titles in 6 seasons, although two won by the skin of their teeth above Liverpool. How many more seasons has KdB got left? He’s pretty irreplaceable I think, but then I said that about Fernandinho and Rodri is better!

binners

Chelsea getting a shoeing off Citeh’s reserves.

This Chelsea squad are an absolute disgrace. Every single one of them looks like they just can’t be arsed and this is all too much trouble.

What does it say about you when the opposition use a fixture against you as an opportunity to rest pretty much their entire first team?

hightensionline

What does it say about you when the opposition use a fixture against you as an opportunity to rest pretty much their entire first team?

That the caretaker manager doesn’t care enough. Glad to see him getting schooled again, to be honest.

muggomagic

Can’t quite believe that we (Brighton) will be playing in Europe next season.
    I started “supporting” them in the 80s when my dad used to drag me out to the goldstone, but properly started supporting them in the 90s and got to see us at our absolute worst.
    Going from fighting against our owners who tried to sell the ground and make a profit from its sale, then having to play home games at Gillingham, getting back to Brighton and the Withdean an athletics track with an uncovered temporary stand to where we are now is so amazing.
    I was there with my older 2 today and was feeling quite emotional because I never could’ve imagined we’d be where we are now.

martinhutch

Can’t quite believe that we (Brighton) will be playing in Europe next season.

It’s awesome, and one of the reasons I’m absolutely delighted that Arsenal disintegrated so thoroughly at the end, and we didn’t have to go to Brighton and Brentford looking for results to close it out. Definitely viewed those two fixtures as potential stumbling blocks.

binners

Brighton (and Brentford) have played some absolutely top quality football this season. I still think that volley from Pascal Gross is my goal of the season. Everything about it was perfect. It’s been absolutely great to watch and Brighton thoroughly deserve European football. I’ll be looking forward to watching them

https://youtu.be/tRF3bdMr1Gc

This season has been absolutely bonkers but it’s so refreshing to see the present table make an absolute mockery of the so called ‘big 6’ (where are Spurs and Chelsea, again?) and show the ludicrousness of the whole concept or a European Superleague

dander

Brentford aren’t great to watch IMO, but very effective. If Big Sam or Dyche was in charge they’d be derided as long ball merchants. To stay in the league so comfortably though is some achievement.

chestrockwell

So back to the Championship for Leeds, no fight, no quality and a huge wasted opportunity after the platform Bielsa gave us.

The key to Bielsa was having them at absolute peak fitness and to now see Ayling admit they have not got 90 mins in them is shameful, especially after they celebrated his sacking with beer and pizza! Professionals? Pathetic, would be glad to see them all cleared out.

binners

If what was needed was a manager to read the riot act to players about their levels of professionalism then appointing Alladyce was even more bizarre

And now you’ve got an even more serious problem. You’re going down to the Championship and you’ve still got ‘Big Sam’ as your manager, so things aren’t going to get any better any time soon. Not least because you’ll have to watch the ‘style’ of football he favours. Good luck!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.