Viewing 40 posts - 2,681 through 2,720 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • trailmonkey

4 games of Bungo Ball to save the day !!

Caher

What if he keeps them up? He’d be welcomed at Reading to replace the self-titled Guvnor.

dander

It’s a gamble worth taking I suppose. He can organise a defence at least – keep a clean sheet and they might Nick a 1-0 win against someone.

I read his comments though about being ahead of even Pep in football terms. Assumed they’d been taken out of context. Nope! Must of been on the wine pitchers again. Fool.

PrinceJohn

Well Haaland made that look easy.

binners

I read his comments though about being ahead of even Pep in football terms. Assumed they’d been taken out of context. Nope! Must of been on the wine pitchers again. Fool

Or very clever? He’s just taken all the heat off his players as the press get their petticoats ruffled with faux outrage

As Nigel Tufnell said, there’s a fine line between clever and stupid. Which one this appears to be will depend on the result of the next 4 games

But when they get tonked by City on Saturday, which they will, everyone will be talking about Sam claiming to be better than Pep, not the players

dazh

I always remember my favourite anecdote (or urban myth perhaps) from Allerdyce’s time at the toon. Apparently in a tactics talk in advance of a very winnable match against a bottom half team Big Sam spent 90 minutes lecturing the players on tactics for stopping the opposing side playing their game. Then at the end one of the players got himself in trouble by putting his hand up and asking ‘Boss, what do you want us to do when we get the ball?’.

theotherjonv

I read his comments though about being ahead of even Pep in football terms. Assumed they’d been taken out of context. Nope! Must of been on the wine pitchers again. Fool

Good point was made on R5 – if you actually heard his comments, and the tone they were made in (even more I guess if you saw them spoken) then there was a bit of subtlety and nuance in what he was saying that the written word does not convey.

We shall see…..

gobuchul
    Free Member

Leeds aren’t in the relegation places.

It’s possible that Leeds will stay up even if lose every game.

33 points should be enough to stay up with their goal difference.

34 would probably guarantee it.

ElShalimo

We’ll see tonight if Brighton have just suffered a recent blip, or if de Zerbi is as good as a lot of people think he is.

woody2000

Bradford played Crewe last night and sadly lost to a 101st (!) minute penalty.  Great game (well, entertaining anyway!) in the 2nd half.  Bradford had gone in 2-0 down at HT, scored 2 in the opening 10 mins or so of the 2nd half then it was non-stop.  Penalty at 101 mins was a sh*tter, but if some of Bradford’s fans hadn’t been so bloody stupid (chucking stuff on the pitch and being general knobs) then that added time wouldn’t have been played and we’d have come away with a point and a play off place.  Got to take a point off Leyton Orient on Monday now to be sure of a play off place, otherwise we’re relying on other results and/or goal difference.  Bloody football, I hate it! 🙂

PrinceJohn

We’ll see tonight if Brighton have just suffered a recent blip, or if de Zerbi is as good as a lot of people think he is.

Which is the blip thrashing Wolves 6-0?
    Or losing to Forest after losing to Utd on pens after being the better team.

binners

Should be a good match tonight. I expect to be watching it though my fingers. The bookies would appear to be expecting a comfortable Brighton win

johndoh
    Free Member

Leeds aren’t in the relegation places.

It’s possible that Leeds will stay up even if lose every game.

33 points should be enough to stay up with their goal difference.

34 would probably guarantee it.

You are deluded! We are going down. ALAW.

martinhutch

theotherjonv

C’mon the Blades! Take us to a last day showdown at least.

binners

Watching Dave and our present makeshift defence try and play it out from the back is like watching someone with massive clown shoes on wandering through a minefield

dander

Brighton deserved that, although seemed pretty toothless. United should be ok for top four, three games at home all where you’d back then to win.

binners

Can’t have any complaints about the result. They had us penned back for most of the second half. All got a bit handbags at times. Watching Antony squaring up to Dunk was quite funny. He had to jump to try and get up in his grill. It was like watching Scrappy Doo 😂

Caher

Oh dear beaten in FergieTime.

scuttler

‘The Town are staying up’.

Monday winner-takes-all vs Reading would’ve been a bit too exciting.

Warnock’s been brilliant! 17pts from the last 8 matches.

Caher

Yep, a combination of injuries, points deductions, and Ince where’re now in the turd tier.

theotherjonv

Tempted to say disaster, but frankly it might be what was needed. Rebuild from ground up, with a long term view, etc.

But WHY did it have to be that gloating prick Warnock that did it. Aaaarrggghhh!

[edit – and **** you Blunts as well. Never liked you, and you couldn’t even turn up and allow us a showdown sniff]

Caher

Well similar city Napoli went down to Série C a few years ago and they’ve done ok.

argee

I turned the TV off when i heard the whistle just after the clearance up field, woke up to find it ended 1-0 😂

MSP

Sky are showing a 3pm Saturday game today, is this the first time, or has it been happening for a while?

gobuchul
    Free Member

That’s new or at least I can’t remember it happening before?

si77

‘Tis because it was originally scheduled for Sunday, but was moved to give 2 days rest before the UCL semi-final 1st leg.

theotherjonv

Sam might be Pep’s equivalent in football terms.

His team however….

si77

Will he last longer than he did in the England job?

theotherjonv

In an improbable twist, I was rooting for a Leeds second after that penalty **** up. Pep looked furious, he might bench them both next game!

halifaxpete

Given our current form I’m taking a 2-1 loss as positive result!

Caher

So Kane has now over taken Rooney. It’s odd as I never think of Rooney as an out and out striker like Kane.

binners

That was an absolute corker of a match. Technically they’re still in a title race.

I fully expect us to now fail to capitalise on Newcastle losing

theotherjonv

Great game, as a Newcastle fan disappointed but for keeping the title race alive not.

Have to say as well, I know they were booed off but I thought the officials had a really good game. They got all of the main decisions right including the penalty and managed to keep the lid on the tempers whilst not interfering too much and allowing two physical teams to have a bit of a kick-up.

Onwards we go, still need another two wins

binners

God only knows what Dave was thinking there.

I bloody knew we’d do this!

MSP

Hilarious watching Shearer try and claim that the overturned penalty in the Newcastle/arsenal match wasn’t clear.

binners

It appears that we don’t actually want to finish in the top four after all

This is absolutely woeful! We’re all over the place!

dander

Keeping it interesting Binners! You’ll win your home games, and that’ll be enough.

MoreCashThanDash

Subject to Fergie time, West Ham seem safe now.

ransos
    Free Member

Should be safe from relegation now. COYI.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,681 through 2,720 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.