Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • martinhutch

Spare a thought for the Spurs fans who are already on the train…

Will feel like a loss for Liverpool, this one. EDIT… It’s the hope that kills you, eh?

frogstomp

Wot!?🤣

argee

Spurs do their best comeback of the year, then turn Spursy within 30 seconds 😂

ElShalimo

Who’s Ryan Mason’s assistant?

dander

Gary Neville just described it as ‘the most Tottenham thing ever!’ 🤣

binners

That was absolutely bonkers!!

Jurgie’s done his hamstring though. Out for the season?

As soon as Milner came on I put my standard bet for him to get carded (at 13/1) even though there was only 7 minutes left. He came up trumps, as always 😂

ElShalimo

Leicester Everton tonight. Proper 6 pointer etc. etc.

Apart from Everton fans, would anyone miss them in the top flight?

binners

They’d have the biggest, shiniest new ground in the Championship

trailmonkey

Some scrap this. Shame for Coleman, looked like a career ender.

binners

You can’t beat a good old 6 pointer relegation ding-dong at the business end of the season 😃

Hope Coleman is ok. How old is he now? He seems to have been around forever

Philby

Big Sam Allardyce is apparently being touted as a replacement for Gracia to try and keep Leeds in the Premier League. This is desperation at its finest. Can’t believe this was the club which was so inspired in appointing Bielsa only a few years ago.

#MOT

stcolin
    Free Member

2-0 to Chelsea tonight. This is going to be an uncomfortable collapse in the final games of the season.

Saliba still sidelined which is a big miss.

The race for the top 4 will be very interesting, especially that 4th place.

ElShalimo

I think Chelsea are so poor at the moment they’d lose if they played themselves at tiddlywinks

Frank Lampard is an awful manager enabled by the London biased media and moronic owners/fans etc. etc.

andy5390

If Newcastle beat Arsenal on Sunday, that’ll put us closer to them 2nd place than Liverpool in 5th

(given that Arsenal have gone a bit Spursy lately……………….)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Leeds linked to Fat Sam. Always said if that man came anywhere near my club that’d be the end for me but if it keeps us in the Prem (it won’t – we’re down) then I’ll turn a blind eye…

johndoh
    Free Member

We don’t have a hope of staying in the Premiership, but it would be a totally Leeds thing to do and go and get a result against City at the weekend and give us some absurd hope.

MSP

An interesting view on the competitiveness of the league

He misses that last season, city were 2-0 down on the last day, and Liverpool could have won the league. That in 2018/19 there was an incredible run in to the title, dramatic, you bet your life it was. I can only remember Ageuro’s 93:20, and the Liverpool/Arsenal final day match of (I think) 89 being more dramatic. Also that Liverpool were eyeing up a quadruple last season, got to 3 cup finals and took the PL to the final day.

It is creating a false narrative of the highest grade bovine excrement to pretend that there has been no drama over the past 5 years.

The empty grounds during covid flattened the excitement clearly, but that isn’t any clubs fault.

ElShalimo

yep

dander

Agree MSP. In those couple of seasons Liverpool pushed City so close. The season of Gerrard’s slip also still required City to win their final game, which they did.

I suspect he was trying to say that had it not been for Liverpool, City would have won the league like Bayern usually do, and Celtic/Rangers, PSG usually, miles ahead. They really have pushed each other on and, with Liverpool’s forwards, if they recruit well I think they can challenge again.

chestrockwell

I also think Leeds are down and Gracia has clearly lost the dressing room already so if they want to try something else fair enough, I’m at peace with relegation.

Best news out of all this is that Orta has gone. He can spot a winger but has not got a clue how to build a team and seemed like a massive dickhead.

johndoh
    Free Member

I do think that if we keep the core of our team and our younger lads (the likes of Archie Grey especially) then we’ll be fine and bounce back quite quickly. I wonder how much we’ll get for Rutter? And Meslier – he’s going to be next to worthless all of a sudden.

martinhutch

Classic desperation tactics from Leeds. TBH it’s time big Sam lost his aura as a relegation cheater, and Leeds could be just the club to help him do it.

ElShalimo

Didn’t the Baggies go down with him at the helm?

MSP

With the teams Leeds have got left to play, I don’t think any manager is going to make a difference. Marsch was never a good long term option, Gracia was always going to be equally as bad, short or long term. At least by appointing big Sam, they have decided to entertain everyone else as they slip from the PL in an fiery explosion of tumbling ostriches. It could get even worse, he might turn them down to avoid damaging his “reputation”.

theotherjonv

Chelsea to Spurs – hold my beer.

binners

At least Spurs looked like they had a couple of second half fightbacks in them

Reckon Chelsea look like they’re coming back from this? They can’t string two passes together! As a ‘team’ they look like they’ve never actually met each other before

I’m sure a stirring half time team talk from Frank should do the trick 😂

bigdaddy

I’m sure a stirring half time team talk from Frank should do the trick 😂

Well there’s one back! Another unlikely comeback on the cards? Leagues been nuts recently!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Didn’t the Baggies go down with him at the helm?

They did. Think they lost the last 4 games of that season with some heavy defeats incl to Leeds I think…

stcolin
    Free Member

Well my prediction was a bit off the mark….

To be honest, even at 3-0 I had thoughts of it not being enough. Thankfully a great first half display was enough. Much bigger test against Newcastle next.

dander

Yeah, that’ll be hard, Newcastle are flying. But they need to win as well so it should be pretty open.

Chelsea doubled their goals tally under Frank last night 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

So Fat Sam ‘The Bung’ Allardyce has joined Leeds. God help us on Saturday.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I disagree. I don’t think we need to win against Arsenal. A draw would do, given the gap we have. Arsenal can’t afford not to go for it, so it’ll be an interesting game. Howe can set Newcastle up to play on the break which has been pretty successful lately in games where teams have had to come onto us more, searching for an equalizer. A win for City tonight and again at home to Leeds on Saturday will see them 4 points clear and will add to Arsenal’s desparation.

johndoh
    Free Member

City aren’t going to beat Leeds on Saturday – not a hope. We’ve got our Saviour at the helm now. I predict a 4-1 win to Leeds.

binners

Its going to be interesting if we see ‘The Big Sam Paradox’ kick in again, where he somehow manages to keep them up, yet becomes despised by the fans for doing so as its so grim to watch

It won’t be the first time

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My view is that we can’t be any worse than we have been in the last 4 games…

ElShalimo

@binners – I’ve FTFY

where  he is roundly despised by all fans

MSP

My view is that we can’t be any worse than we have been in the last 4 games…

Just wait till Lampard gets the job in the summer.

johndoh
    Free Member

It has reached the ‘Gallows humour’ point though now – I am resigned to a shocking embarrassment and finding it funny in a very weird way.

ElShalimo

I’ll bet half of the Leeds team don’t even know who Allardyce is

Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM