Viewing 40 posts - 2,561 through 2,600 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Leeds yet again showing why they’ll go down with a whimper. Gracia seemed to start well but in the last 4 games has shown exactly why he never lasts in a job. We were AWFUL last night, absolutely dire. Shocking football being played by a group of players who looked like they’ve never played together before. The Aaronson sub was weird beyond belief. And not getting Rutter or Gnonto onto the pitch when desperate for a bit of energy to see the game out is just plain wrong. Don’t want to see Bamford’s miss but I can imagine it – we’ve seen it time and time again over the years.

And of course Vardy who hasn’t scored in 19 games grabbed a goal (should have had a hat trick). Bournemouth away next who feel a lot more galvanised as a team rather than our disjointed farce so I can see us getting beat. Then theres the small issue of Man City and Newcastle where we’ll likely get absolutely pumped.

inkster
    Free Member

“West Ham beat Arsenal 5-1 in the FA youth Cup last night. The class of ’99 might be a stretch (Cole, Carrick) but fingers crossed some of them break through.”

Gideon Kodua’s chipped goal for the 3rd was something else, well worth a rewatch.

theotherjonv

pray for Arsenal / normal service has been resumed at the top

ransos
    Free Member

The West Ham v Liverpool game is incredibly open. Entertaining but ragged.

Caher

Arsenal are being torn apart here, just the score doesn’t reflect it yet.

dander

Men against boys this. Arsenal can’t get the ball.

ElShalimo

Ben White’s big feet!!

binners

And Chelsea’s great form continues under Frank. They need to be looking over their shoulders

dander

He really needs to quit this managerial lark. Five games, five defeats, one goal scored. No new manager bounce – they were better under Potter!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

He really needs to quit this managerial lark. Five games, five defeats, one goal scored. No new manager bounce – they were better under Potter!

Beautiful isn’t it :)

binners

I’m just enjoying the fact that (more through accident than design) we no longer seem have to have the most clueless owners in the league, due to the two-horse race presently going on for that particular title in London 🤣

I was listening to the Monday Night Club this week and Chris Sutton voiced what many of us on this thread have said all along… having watched Spurs play this season, how on earth are they not down there with Chelsea?

I suppose the obvious answer to that is Harry Kane.

It’ll be interesting to see if they spaff his transfer fee at the end of the season in the same scattergun way they’ve made all their recent signings.

dander

Would doubt Kane will end up at Chelsea, even if Pochettino takes over. More probable destination is United I think. Binners – looking forward already to next seasons thread, when Kane struggles to stay upright in a red shirt…..

ElShalimo

ten Hag is probably on eBay now looking for a pair of stabilisers for him

binners

With 2 teams from Manchester playing at Wembley for the FA Cup final, there are going to be no trains running from Manchester to London on that day.

Could anything possibly sum up modern Britain more than that?

gobuchul
    Free Member

there are going to be no trains running from Manchester to London on that day.

Hardly going to affect Man Utd supporters that mind.

binners

4 minutes?

You lot are slacking 😂

Seriously though… The utterly useless Avanti West Coast had already said they weren’t going to lay any extra trains on, but now with a rail strike there won’t be any trains at all

The M6 will be fun! I’m sure Highways England will choose that day for major roadworks and reduce it to one lane between Stoke and Birmingham

MoreCashThanDash

I was listening to the Monday Night Club this week and Chris Sutton voiced what many of us on this thread have said all along… having watched Spurs play this season, how on earth are they not down there with Chelsea?

This week’s MNC ripped Spurs apart, was funny to listen to

MSP

there are going to be no trains running from Manchester to London on that day.

I expect the FA are currently working out alternate locations that would better suit mancunians, after all “football is for the fans” as they repeatedly told us when they shat themselves in the superleague debacle.

and I am also sure that the new “independent” football regulator won’t be a London based gravy train for a financial supporter of the government making the appointment.

binners

Talking of Superleague debacle, I just started watching this documentary on Apple TV about the detail behind it. Its very indepth, and features interviews with a lot of the people involved

We all knew it was bad, and that it went absolutely against everything that football is meant to be, but the sheer monstrous level of deceit, lies, double-crossing and backstabbing carried out by the owners of the clubs involved is absolutely off the chart. The self-serving greed is truly beyond belief!

Its coming to something when you make UEFA, the FA and FIFA look like the good guys!

dazh

Hmmmm. Do I spend 30 quid on a month’s BT subscription to watch two toon matches?

argee

Hmmmm. Do I spend 30 quid on a month’s BT subscription to watch two toon matches?

Nothing has made me want to get BT Sports, it’s too expensive, i’d rather just watch one of the youtube streams where fans are commentating and updating, let them pay 30 quid 😂

Caher

BT’s worth it for the European stuff – i nearly always miss the match on Saturdays though, as i’m out on my bike.

MSP

Its coming to something when you make UEFA, the FA and FIFA look like the good guys!

That looks like a UEFA commissioned “documentary” to make them look good. Another organisation that claimed they wanted to protect football for the fans yet this week said they were considering playing the CL final in the US, which is clearly “for the fans” and not just a bunch of money grabbing suits **** the fans over again.

And who could forget this masterpiece.

binners

That looks like a UEFA commissioned “documentary” to make them look good

Well if that was the intention, then it fails miserably. Believe me, nobody comes out of it looking good. They’re all sharks.

But Andrea Agnelli at Juventus and Florentino Pérez at Real, the 2 main driving forces behind it all, come across as two of the most loathsome human beings imaginable. They seem to think they have some god-given right to tell everyone else how things are, while extracting billions. They firmly seem to believe that they own the entire sport of football. Utter ****s!

inkster
    Free Member

“i’d rather just watch one of the youtube streams where fans are commentating and updating, let them pay 30 quid 😂”

Yep, I sometimes do this, the guy who does the ‘Hammers Chat’ watchalongs is really good.

binners

Daz… a word of warning about BT sports…

Well, 2 words of warning actually…

Steve McManomanomanomanoman

Caher

Steve McManomanomanomanoman

Ah yes the Scouse Muppet sometimes, it’s so high pitched I don’t hear it.

Kane to die (dive) horribly in the first 10 minutes.

binners

Get in!!!!

Took us a few minutes longer than it took Newcastle 🤣

binners

I thought I was imagining it, but the PA at Spurs played the Stone Roses as the players were booed off at half time 🤣

I can’t work out if the chanting is the united fans for the Glazers out or the Spurs fans for Levy out, or both?

dander

Time for Everton to try the Championship I think. They are awful.

binners

God only knows how we managed to throw that away?

Maybe it was Fred’s 100% pass conversion rate… to Spurs players

He was spectacularly awful tonight

dazh

Spursy! 😂

binners

Indeed! 😂

Should have been put to bed by half time that.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Balls! Back up 2 spots. That’s the wrong way, we want 8th ffs! Useless tw***!

MSP

I can’t work out if the chanting is the united fans for the Glazers out or the Spurs fans for Levy out, or both?

Amazon did “all or nothing”, maybe channel 5 could do a more low rent football documentary based on wife swap, where Levi runs united for a season, and the glazers go to Spurs, they could call it “tears and tantrums”.

binners

It could give ‘Sunderland til I die’ a run for its money! 😂

Talking of which, today is the latest (non) deadline in the rolling farce of the will they/won’t they United ‘sale’

My prediction is that they pull the plug on the whole thing by this afternoon and its ‘as you were’

They then refinance the club yet again, next week and pay themselves the equivalent of the GDP of Portugal in share dividends

Cue the Stretford End once again erupting in impotent rage and TH gets told there’s no money for transfers this summer but we’re keeping Weghorst on loan for next season

This season has gone so well, we’re due some catastrophic decision making. Maybe they’ll cash in and sell Rashford to PSG?

neilnevill
    Free Member

It is farcical how many teams are owned by the wrong people, who seem driven by personal profit, have a worrying lack of concern for the club as a long term viable one, and don’t even seem very capable. We’ve discussed this before though.

binners

At least, post the Superleague debacle, we all know exactly where we stand in the grand scheme of things.

As United supporters at least we always knew from day one that our owners were parasites who couldn’t give a toss whether they were running a football club or selling fridge freezers, all that mattered was milking it for as much personal profit as possible, even if that meant running the club into the ground

I used to take the piss out of my scouse mates who were somehow labouring under the quaint delusion that FSG were in some way different from the Glazers. Bless. Of course FSG were balls deep in the whole Superleague plot and now that its dead in the water they want out, but their limitless greed means they also want as much money as possible so Liverpool are now in the same boat as us. As they always were, of course.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I don’t mind Sean Dyche really. Seems a decent bloke but he’s walked into a car crash at Goodison. They look resigned to their fate now. As soon as Newcastle got the 2nd they folded badly which seems unlike a Dyche team to me. However, once again, the media seem to focus on their demise (and Spurs’ awful defending last week) rather than Newcastle playing some of the best football they’ve played in my lifetime. Like Keegan’s teams but with more professionalism, shape and yes, shithousery.

Howe has done better than any single fan could have reasonably expected, taking over a team last year 2nd bottom of the league with an imbalanced squad, of zero confidence, no discernable style of play or enough fitness. And before people mention the money, 9 of the 15 players who were involved in rolling Spur’s over were there before the takeover and Howe. 18 months on, 1 cup final and potentially Champions League. Manager of the Year.

dazh

As United supporters at least we always knew from day one that our owners were parasites who couldn’t give a toss whether they were running a football club or selling fridge freezers, all that mattered was milking it for as much personal profit as possible, even if that meant running the club into the ground

It’s ironic given the criticism aimed at the arab owned clubs that right now City and Newcastle are looking like the most well run, and most community engaged football clubs in the league. You can probably add Liverpool to that, and they are definitely the exception amongst those clubs owned by rapacious american billionaires. Who knows, maybe a healthy dose of sportswashing is a good thing??

Viewing 40 posts - 2,561 through 2,600 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.