Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • fazzini

And how the hell is Nick Pope not England keeper?

I’ve been saying this for years.

argee

It’s going to be a long time until the end of the season, so many weird turns happened and will happen that’ll affect both ends of the table, Liverpool look a shambles though, that defence is horrendous, not sure how they will fix the issues they have, Van Dijk is the lynchpin but injury and form are not helping him, same up front, Nunez was their big budget buy, but struggling to find form as well. Can’t really blame anyone though, i think Liverpool changed the way teams played, that high press and harassing changed teams across the EPL, now they’ve all caught up.

MoreCashThanDash

Liverpool are digging up their pitch and planting potatoes, so they have something to lift in May.

(Clearly not my joke)

Saccades
    Free Member

Must be an off year from the inhalers.

dander

There must be something bigger going on at Liverpool? Lots of backroom staff leaving or left, FSG open to a sale, rumours of splits in the coaching staff.

For what Klopp has done I hope he stays and gets to rebuild, maybe with new owners. But he looks bereft of ideas at the moment.

Saccades
    Free Member

An idea might be to replace his aging midfield rather than a couple of attackers.

As a man it’d fan I’ve excellent hindsight:)

dander

Yep, they seem to have reverted to the Glazer playbook in how to run a club.

Klunk
    Free Member

shrek’s not had much of a sniff so far

boxelder

Arsenal going all Spursey now need Spurs to go Arsenaley tomorrow.

Will that do?

dander

Pep’s getting all tinkery again! Lack of game time for Foden recently seems a bit odd.

binners

For what Klopp has done I hope he stays and gets to rebuild, maybe with new owners. But he looks bereft of ideas at the moment

Well I certainly hope he stays. I can’t get my head round why he just keeps playing the same way when it’s glaringly obvious that everyone has sussed out how you play against and beat Liverpool now

Long May it continue though. I’m loving it! Wolves absolutely battered them yesterday! It could easily have been 5 or 6 nil.

Anyway… results couldn’t have gone much better for us this weekend. The only downer was Casimero’s moment of madness. That’s him suspended again

dander

Who else can he play though Binners? Thiago is the only midfielder they’ve signed for about 5 years! Which yes, does show a lack of planning. They’ve put all the hopes on getting Bellingham but why would he go there now for mid table football?

A draw between Arsenal and City in a few weeks could suit United well…..

neilnevill
    Free Member

Get in! On the bus home from nwhl after a great game. The team played well and it’s good to see Harry get past Greaves, superb. Keeps us in the hunt for now.

Klunk
    Free Member
    dander

Pretty retrospective. A slap on the wrist will suffice, I’m sure 🙄

argee

Pretty retrospective. A slap on the wrist will suffice, I’m sure 🙄

I doubt that after Juventus were docked 15 points for similar. FFP is just an absolute nightmare to manage and enforce in this day and age, i’d guess if they’re on Man City then a few other clubs might be getting twitchy as well.

binners

Haven’t Chelsea just spent the equivalent of the GDP of Portugal in this transfer window?

gobuchul
    Free Member

A 15 point deduction would still leave Man City above Chelsea and Liverpool.

binners

Yes, but it’d make a great 3-way tussle for that 9th place spot at the end of the season 😂

binners

Yank Lampard has just been sacked

johndoh
    Free Member

About time really – a nice enough bloke, but his win rate was shocking. I have no idea who we’ll get in though – some absurd rumours about Pochettino flying about though.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Do you mean potter?  Can’t see any confirming articles but it’s not far off I guess

I take it by ‘just’, you mean two weeks ago 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

I take it by ‘just’, you mean two weeks ago

Frank Lampard was two weeks ago.

Yank Lampard was the Leeds manager.

It was a joke.

😉

binners

That was Frank.

This is Yank Lampard, which i only recently found out is what Jesse Marsch gets called.

We’ve got the now managerless Leeds twice in the next week. I don’t know whether thats a good thing or a bad thing. It depends who they get in I suppose. We could do without them having an Everton style new manager bounce

spacemonkey

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

</div>
    Great. Just in time for another ‘new manager bounce’ for our next 2 games. Hopefully we’ll hammer them unlike the dog5h1t performances we put in against Wolves and Villa in the same circumstances.

Ah, ok, my stupid… 😉

binners

You never know. The managerial merry-go-round in football is so unhinged nowadays, would anyone be surprised if Frank Lampard was Leeds manager by the time they arrive at Old Trafford on Wednesday?

MoreCashThanDash

It’s given my Leeds supporting mate another chance to whine and bitch about how his great club is not getting whatever it is he thinks they’re entitled to.

binners

Steve Bruce? 😂

MSP
    trailmonkey

Oops, this could be interesting

but I’m sure all those millions will keep them safe from harm

binners

Round 2 of the best FA cup game of the year so far on ITV4

Blades v Wrexham

bigdaddy

Anyone watching Sheff utd v Wrexham? Cracking game again! Wrexham just won’t be beaten!

ransos
    Free Member

Absolute belter! And another penalty!

bigdaddy

And a second penalty!

bigdaddy

That was a top save to be fair!

Wrexham will win this.

And I’m a Blade

bigdaddy

Should’ve had faith in your team TAFKASTR! They were two great counter attacking goals…

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.