Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • Caher

Sadio Mane missing, that will Liverpool’s problem. He harried and closed from the front and was intelligent enough to stay within the refs tolerance.

binners

He harried and closed from the front and was intelligent enough to stay within the refs tolerance.

Not since Paul Scholes in his prime has a player got away with as much as Sadio Mane. Like Scholes I think he cons refs into thinking its clumsiness instead of malice, but he can be a right nasty little ****er and some of the ‘challenges’ are really cynical.

Its a handy skill to have

dander

Liked a tumble too, did Sadio. Watching last night he’d have probably taken some of those chances Nunez missed but his finishing too could be pretty erratic.

Caher

I didn’t particularly notice Sadio’s tumblings, certainly not on the same scale as Kane the fragile.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Taking things one game at a time, next it’s wolves coming to New whl. Last season I went to this game and watched spurs play the worst I’ve seen them play…. Ever. They were bad. Nuno football. It would be nice to put that memory to bed.

theotherjonv

@caher

How do you go from a 0-4 loss at Rotherham to beating top of the table 3-0 in 4 days?

It’s gonna be a weird season at the SCL Madhouse if the first 4 games are any indication.

Caher

Yes one if my season ticket mates rang me last night in frustration – I told him to buy a yo-yo.

dander

De Jong……nope……Rabiot……nope…..ok let’s spunk £70m on 30 year old Casemiro and give him a four year £350k a week contract 😳

Decent player, very Fernandinho like in terms of his ‘tactical’ fouling and an upgrade on McFred I guess…..

binners

Our transfer dealings have been as slick as ever. Nobody had even mentioned his name until a few days ago when the panic set in that it was going to another very long season with everyone swearing at McFreds laurel and hardy-esque antics in midfield because (perfectly understandably) nobody wants to come to United

So the usual headless chicken/clutching at straws, last minute panic ensued resulting in the usual insane transfer fee and bonkers contract

Given that he’s played Erickson as a lone striker then a holding midfielder so far, he’ll probably stick Casemiro next to Maguire or maybe he’s bought him to replace De Gea?

Caher

Casemiro – in the last few seasons in Europe he’s been fun to watch. He makes Neymar’s playacting seems pedestrian.

trailmonkey

Just like Empires in the real world, English football empires tend not to re-emerge in the same place after they’ve crumbled.
    Time for Man Utd to just accept that and not expect too much.

binners

Not expect too much? I can promise you that for the last god knows how many years, our expectation has been absolutely zero, due to the total shambles the club has become.

This season it’s just to not be in a relegation fight like Everton were last season. We’re really that bad.

Anyway… the latest in the Crazy world of the comedy club…

Caher

Chelsea are trolling.

binners

I know. Makes a change from Citeh trolling is on transfers

neilnevill
    Free Member

Not seen it but from the stats it looks like wolves put up a good fight. They did well let season and should again this I think. As always, Harry Kane was the difference and brought the points home (based purely on the stats…. So a meaningless comment really!)
    3 games, 7 more points earned than from the same fixtures last year, Conte continues to inspire us

MSP

The Brentford – Fulham game is a good one, glad I chose to watch this one this afternoon, and now that Toney has got his goal happy to have swapped him into my FF team to replace Nunez.

theotherjonv

City will win, they always do but Newcastle are tearing them a new arse with every attack right now. It’s like Kevin Keegan ball again but with added defending.

Brilliant to watch. If you aren’t and have Sky, get it on now.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Newcastle have had some good managers since Keegan left (and some truly awful ones) but I’ve never felt so optimistic as with Howe in charge. Yes, when we’ve bought, we’ve bought well but recent performances are down to players he’s inherited and improved. He’s a great coach.

chipster

I’m watching the Newcastle v City match, it looks like City don’t like it up ’em.

Newcastle won the first half.

theotherjonv

This is brilliant to watch. Kyle Walker is being absolutely hounded, Stones looks lost – Howe really has the chance to build something great here.

theotherjonv

****, City are good too.

nickewen
    Free Member

This toon game is nuts. Haaland is really up to speed now.

Never really followed football much but F1 not back til next week and my nephew is at St James for his first ever match so thought I’d give it a watch. Some game he’s picked!

nickc

As a Newcastle fan, I’d just like to say; **** hell.

theotherjonv

Indeed. MOTM? Nick Pope for me!

andy5390

ASM had a canny game as well, but yeah Pope probably shaded it

Philby

Brilliant 3-0 victory for Leeds over Chelsea. Was thinking a draw would have been a good result after last seasons capitulations against the ‘top 6′, but what a stunning performance – Tuchel looked lost for words. I think the pundits’ pre-season bets that we would be 4th favourites to be relegated have gone out of the window. All the 4 new signings seemed to have got into Marsch’s system and made Chelsea look ordinary for much of the game, despite the vast disparity in the overall costs of the squad.

I wonder whether Kalvin Phillips is regretting his move to Citeh, with a full 90 minutes warming the bench, and Qatar getting ever closer.

MOT / ALAW

MoreCashThanDash

it looks like City don’t like it up ’em.

I’ve often thought that City look vulnerable when people really go at them. Missed opportunities and the fact that City will still put 3-4 past you anyway means it hasn’t been a big issue for them

argee

Think Tuchel will be odds on for first managerial casualty 22/23, Chelsea just have no idea what to do in the final third, Havertz isn’t really a forward, and Sterling just seems lost in this team up front, they put a lot of the blame on Lukaku last season, but it’s pretty obvious they’re completely disjointed, not good for a manager in his third season at the club and having spent quite a bit of money on new signings.

dander

Good points argee – wonder if the new owner will be as twitchy as Abramovich when it comes to firing managers? I expect they’ll sign a striker by the close of the deadline. Interesting comments by Sterling in the media, seems a bit bitter re his time at City?

argee

Yeah, Sterling is a great player, but has struggled with getting games and in the proper position that benefits him, weirdly you see Jesus has so far flourished with his move, Sterling looks like he’s not really fitted in yet.

Hope he does integrate though, he’s one of the best when he’s on his game, but again, doubt we’ll see this at Chelsea until they know what they’re doing in attack!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Some unexpected but deserved results today! Well done Leeds and Newcastle

andy5390

Think Tuchel will be odds on for first managerial casualty 22/23

Brendan Rogers is getting the axe, according to some social media rumours

dander

That’s mad if true – they’ve not signed anyone! Perhaps he’s against the likely sale of Fofana and maybe Maddison?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Hard to believe that Newcastle are the same team that played at Brighton the week before! Brighton should have won that one 🤷‍♂️

argee

Think after last season you could see Leicester were needing some rebuilding, nothing has happened, all we hear is that Fofana is leaving, Maddison is having bids, Tielemans is going to arsenal, etc, etc. Think Brendan Rodgers might want to move on the way things are going rather than go through a season of drudgery again.

dander

It is shaping up to be pretty competitive – a lot of the so called smaller teams are pretty good sides and not afraid to have a go.

Eddie Howe has really impressed me. Quite rightly after the game yesterday he said if we’d sat in we would get beaten so they had a go. Hope others follow the template – although get it wrong and City could score 6 or 7!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Read stuff about Tuchel needing time to build his own team. He’s only had 18 months and spent over £150m in this transfer window alone…

Well deserved win for Leeds yesterday and seeing Tuchel mumbling about coaches, planes, saying they were the better team etc after the match was beautiful. Confirmation that the guy is a whopper…

Caher

Anyone on here not been linked as a player for Man U?

binners

You can guarantee that whoever United are linked with at the start of the transfer window will most certainly never come to Old Trafford.

Wait until the end of the transfer window, when the headless chicken panic mode has been engaged (as it is EVERY SINGLE YEAR) and just look out for which agents are trying to offload mediocre squad players for hugely inflated fees and salaries

For reasons that presently seem beyond reason, other than a morbid masochism, I’ll be watching tonights match with a few scousers. I predict that Harry Maguire will be personally at fault for at least 6 of their goals.

If TH continues with this ridiculous idea of De Gea and Maguire playing it out from the back, Liverpool could well get into double figures

trailmonkey

Brendan Rogers is getting the axe, according to some social media rumours

As a Villa fan, I’d swap Rogers for Gerrard in a heartbeat.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.