Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • dazh

Wales get what they deserve.

dander

Strike! Get in.

martinhutch

Iran v USA could get a bit tasty

Iran vs ‘The Great Satan’, you mean?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

that do theotherjonv?

Klunk
    Free Member

painful!

johndoh
    Free Member

I don’t know why Bale wasn’t on the pitch today though.

theotherjonv

I’m not very good at predictions……

I’m now nervous for tonight and Tuesday, USA need something and will press us hard, I hope quality will tell (and we do have quality) but it’s a tough night ahead.

And then Wales next week with everything to gain and nothing to lose. It’s not inconceivable to end up with a group like Italia 90 with everyone on 4 points and GD sorting it (but we did put 6 past Iran)

[actually, I think it is but could have three on 4 points]

dander

Two assists from the Welsh Pirlo though – pretty good given he was only on for 10 minutes.

dazh

I’m now nervous for tonight and Tuesday,

Nah. England will win both games easily. The US are athtletic and will push them hard but don’t have the quality. Wales will get thrashed. We’ve only had one England game but against Iran they looked like they had the same ruthlessness in front of goal as in the Euros. England’s only problem is the defence. It’s not going to be good enough against quality attackers.

dander

For those of a nervous disposition:

Harry! Maguire!

binners

Or as us United supporters refer to him… Harry ****ing Maguire

The only positive to take is that he should be well rested, because he’s played about 20 minutes of football all season. Unfortunately, there’s a very good reason for that

I look forward to him pointing at the spot where he’s meant to be because he’s out of position, yet again

Kryton57

Wow, it’s going to be a miserable weekend for Welsh sport with the Rugby Team playing Australia tomorrow.

theotherjonv

Mixed feelings. He’s never let England down. OTOH, looking at form and capability, it has to only be a matter of time…….

johndoh
    Free Member

Just seen elsewhere…

BREAKING: Rain expected in Qatar today, FIFA cancelling all #WorldCup matches in case there’s a rainbow.

dander

Dutch making heavy weather of this but virtually through I guess given final match is Qatar.

binners

As an aside… Edgar Davids looks like he should be in a Tarantino film

theotherjonv

Wrighty talking sense again.

I think they should call FIFA’s bluff. I think that’s all it is, if they (England/Kane) or indeed anyone did it they’d either get sanctioned and I suspect FIFA would then face a massive ‘ No, I’m Spartacus’ moment, or they wouldn’t do anything and FIFA’s pathetic backbone would be exposed.

Yes I’m biased, but as others have said, protesting is a risk. But millions of people are risking far more every day than the chance of winning a tin pot, just to live a life in the way they want to.

ElShalimo

@dazh – why the negative Wales comments?

Did you try to get served on a Sunday after 2pm in the late 80s?

binners

He managed to get in for lunch while they were still serving, but then asked what the vegetarian option was?

Caher

That Maguire fella is some dribbler.

molgrips
    Free Member

The US coach is Gary Oldman as Mr Zorg.

binners

Stepovers? Maguire? 😳

scratch
    Free Member

Maguire does seem to play better when he hasn’t got 60k ‘supporters’ on his back

dazh

why the negative Wales comments?

because they were deserved? Honestly, they spend 50 years trying to get to the WC finals and then when they do they decide not to bother playing.

England being equally complacent against the US BTW. It’s just lazy.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If England play like this against Wales…

ElShalimo

I think @binners explanation is more plausible 🙃

theotherjonv

bit lazy at the moment – both Sterling for the chance earlier, and then Rice just there have been simply run past and not made any great effort to track their runner

stcolin
    Free Member

I’m saying nothing!

Philby

I’d like to see Foden in the second half – not sure Mount is making a difference (just as he has a good shot on target)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Merkins got their tictacs sorted

Southgate needs to change something

Slab head playing well i thought

Caher

USA are a fit well, drilled team a bit like Brighton. They could snatch this.

inkster
    Free Member

Slab head most switched on England player.

Might be because he’s concentrating on tracking runs and making blocks rather than pointing and shouting.

MSP

Mount, Saka, Sterling, and to a lesser extent Bellingham need more movement off the ball to create options when Stones and Maquire are in possession. They seem to be leaving responsibility to create that first pass out from the back to everyone else and positioning themselves for the pass after that.

dander

Can’t see how Foden doesn’t start. Lacklustre from England.

USA were class v Wales in the first half then faded.

johndoh
    Free Member

At 7.28pm I posed to my What’s App group…

First 15 minutes we looked in control but we’ve been drawn into their game

binners

Do they know this is the World Cup and not a friendly?

dazh

I’m beginning to think Southgate has told them to play for the draw. Bet he’ll be happier with a 0-0 than the 6-2 against Iran.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’s like The Wire v Only Fools and Horses.

dander

Drawn into their game?! Typical Ingerland arrogance that!

ElShalimo

Kane looks quite tired.

It’s not a surprise that Saka and Bellingham are struggling, it’s way past their bedtime

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.