Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • binners

And we’re back to the Man Yoo who look like they’ve never met each other before and can’t string two passes together. McTomminay is pub side level midfielder. Absolutely useless!

How the hell are we only one down?

BoardinBob

😎

argee

martinhutch

How the hell are we only two up?

BoardinBob

Ask and ye shall receive 😂

theotherjonv

They may as well call this off at half time, has the potential to be embarrassing.

martinhutch

‘potential’?

argee

The curse of Binners strikes again 😂

dander

To be fair City do this to most mid table sides.

martinhutch

🙂

binners

I never learn, do I?

Could be a cricket score, this

argee

To be fair Man City just went into 5th gear for 20 minutes, those Haaland goals were just what sums him up, and the fourth was an absolutely devastating counter!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oooo. I’m rather grateful that our Etihad trip got postponed. Not confident we will take 6 points from them this season. Things may be different after the WC

martinhutch

Well, hello!

EDIT: As you were.

Klunk
    Free Member

the trouble comes for city is Haaland becomes a target for Real Madrid, they may not match his wages @ city but they usually always get their man.

martinhutch

It’s like a New York Times article:

‘Why three Haaland hat-tricks in three home games is terrible news for City’

EDIT: Remember, they could come for Foden as well. Can’t keep up.

binners

Ronnie watching Fred come on, with a face like Dot Cotton licking piss off a thistle

I’m actually sat laughing at just how Sunday League our defence are

How sweet. Now they’ve got two players on hat tricks, they’re giving the reserves a run out

I wonder if we’ll manage to keep it to single figures?

Caher

To be fair City are probably the best side in the world until they meet Real.

Philby

United obviously missing Maguire😂

gobuchul
    Free Member

Well Man U won the 2nd half.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just seen on Twitter…

Foden is the first player to score a hat-trick in the Manchester derby since Haarland nine minutes earlier.

😹😹😹

dander

Bruno Lage sacked…..Gerrard next? Villa are woeful. So dull and pedestrian.

Caher

Yes, blah blah Manchester. In other news: the Behemoth of Berkshire, Reading remains in 3rd, with win 2 lose heavily the 3rd time.

sandboy

Bruno Lage sacked…..

One win in fifteen PL games , his number was up. Who will replace him, is the question all Wolves fans want to know.
    The three seasons under Nuno were the best I’d known as a Wolves supporter and his leaving was a real surprise. Bruno has been out of his depth for some time and I’m thankful that the board have acted now.
    Definitely relegation contenders at present, only time will tell.

theotherjonv

3 consecutive home hat tricks for Haaland.

Weds they’re home to Copenhagen. Sat home to Southampton. Anyone offering odds on a fourth or fifth in a row, the form they / he is in.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ok, 1/4 of the season in and it’s looking like city are on fire and, it hurts to say, Woolwich are good too. As a spurs fan I feel we are not really any better than the next half dozen teams but have been either lucky or somehow getting results, but I hope we improve. Long long way to go and January-march will be tough, but city have the strength of squad to continue. I’m not sure about Woolwich there.

johndoh
    Free Member

Surely the next sacking is Christopher Eccleston at Leicester – I can’t see anything else if they don’t win tonight.

argee

Ok, 1/4 of the season in and it’s looking like city are on fire and, it hurts to say, Woolwich are good too. As a spurs fan I feel we are not really any better than the next half dozen teams but have been either lucky or somehow getting results, but I hope we improve. Long long way to go and January-march will be tough, but city have the strength of squad to continue. I’m not sure about Woolwich there.

The longer the season goes on the deeper Spurs are being, there’s only so many games where Kane, Son or Richarlison will do something special, teams are wary of Spurs approach now and just counter the counter, Brighton will be a good test, they’re a team that won’t really set up to be countered, and happy with a point, so Spurs will have to push a bit, or get that early goal and then set up their stall.

Man City are just special, everyone wondered if having an actual striker would make them better, or cause issues, well we’ve found the answer to that, and they have such a strong squad, even missing their two centre backs and defensive midfielder yesterday didn’t hamper them.

The rest are just that, Liverpool all over the place, Arsenal are doing well, but you know they’ll have a struggle at some point, Chelsea are struggling, but winning, ManU as we saw are just such a hot and cold team, they have one of the best squads, but just can’t get a team on that pitch most weeks.

ElShalimo

One look at Arsenal’s bench tells you how long they can maintain their challenge. Compared to their rivals it’s pretty inexperienced

joefm

Halaand is like having some cheat code. Too good. The scoreline was flattering for manure. Not sure what tenhag is on really.

dander

The lack of fight from United was pitiful though. They were beaten before they kicked off with Fernandes especially anonymous, bar his customary whinge booking.

Bet Harry Kane has a Daniel Levy voodoo doll at home. Ok, he’s no Haaland but he’d still have scored a shedload for City.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I tend to agree argee. I felt we had a decent transfer window but thought we’d pick up more at the end, when we didn’t and I was left looking at our creative midfield options…. When kulusevski isn’t playing we aren’t so strong (can’t quite see why Lucas isn’t playing more). Breaking down teams… Or just playing fluid football where we have control of the game and pace is a struggle for us. Midfield must be a focus for paratici….I hope.

argee

It’ll be an interesting season, Tottenham still have enough to make top 4 again, there is going to be a battle, but there’s a lot of teams in the fight who will drop a lot of points between now and the end of the season, it’s been a weird start to the season, i thought West Ham would be the dark horses, but they’ve been all over the place, Chelsea were meant to challenge, but again misfiring, ManU should have also been up there, but they are such a confidence team it’s scary.

Have to say i’m not making any predictions this year, bar Man City winning it the way they are and the depth they have, this World Cup is going to come at a bad time for some, and a good time for others, then the January window is up next for teams to strengthen.

It’ll be interesting to see how long Conte is at Tottenham, if Juventus sack Allegri it’ll be even more interesting!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Shut up! I can’t be doing with another manager for quite some time yet! Although…. The magic Argentine is currently unemployed…..

Hope wet spam go down, horrible club. They flattered of late but small squad, smaller horizons and small minded fans. I’d take rice off them though 😂

Yes as I’ve said since before a ball was kicked, the January transfer window will be crucial to teams this year. I hope levy kept a bit on his pockets

theotherjonv

I assume the PL fiddled the fixtures to get three derbies on the same weekend?

twistedpencil

Well I came on here at the start of the season with high hopes, but Leicester crushed them tonight. We were woeful… Time is what the squad need and time is something we don’t have.

When does the cricket season start again?

martinhutch

Countdown to the festival of desert slave football continues:

How many items on our challenge list can you tick off during your Qatar visit? 🙂

I also notice a bit of a lesbian loophole with their signage, if that’s the right way to phrase it.

Caher

As I said in the other thread, the last world cup was held in that nice little liberal enclave Russia.

martinhutch

I suppose it’s who was willing to pay Sepp Blatter the most that counts.

swdan
    Free Member

Just want to drop this cracker from the Ispwich game here. Did he mean it? Does it matter?

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.