Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Given that Palace are one up against the mighty but now uninspiring Man U at half time, there’s a distinct possibility of the default Hodgkinson tactic of protecting the slender lead. It’ll be an enthralling second half with both teams camped in their own 18yard boxes. 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

Man U struggling against the Eagles so far, with Sanchez and Pogba looking particularly inept!

Tee hee!

MSP

Do united realise they are in the premier league? The St Cuthberts retirement home walking football ladies B team look would be quicker and more mobile than that.

It is incredible where they are in the league with the performances they put in, I think luck is papering over the cracks.

binners

Absolutely ****ing woeful!! Arsenal aren’t the only squad with overpaid bone idle bastards wandering about like they can’t really be bothered. I’m looking at you Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez.

Trying to bloody walk it in and absolutely aimless balls punted forward to no-one in particular

utter shite!

cheers_drive

I think luck is papering over the cracks.

That and De Gae

martinhutch

Are your lot doing everything possible to avoid us winning the league at the derby?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Ah bollocks!  Unlucky Palace!

bearnecessities

I’ve struck it lucky! Bet on Palace before kick-off at 7/1, cashed out at 2-0 then immediately stuck the same on Man-U to win, literally a minute before their first goal.

Relatively small amounts, but the sense of achievement is strong!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Some strike to win it! Sanchez isn’t exactly proving to be good value yet is he? One goal in eight I think and that was a rebound from his own missed penalty.

Cletus

Credit to manyoo for the comeback but pretty poor for long periods of the match.

Real yardstick will be against the scouse reds on Saturday – if you are lucky you could close the gap to 13 points 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

strange game – deserved to be behind then sort of dominated in an inevitable yet unconvincing manner – sterner opposition would have held that lead.

Some of that team play like its rugby  amble forward a bit turn round pass backward. We dont have one player who can run with the ball and its so easy to organise against us. Relentless pressure cracked a weak team but it wont be enough to do in the big teams

Still quite an unadventurous team and Jose has taken word class players pogba and sanchez and turned them into mediocre , at best, ball losers.

City and miles ahead of us – the league is not lying.

binners

I was just saying while watching that pretty toothless display of us trying to pass it into the net, that what we’re sadly lacking is someone like Schohles who’ll just put their ****ing laces through it from 25-30 yards out! Then Matic goes and does precisely that! More of that please. 😀

Watching City on Sunday its not just the skills, its the fact that they all put a serious shift in! Thats the main reason they’re so far clear of us. There are quite a few United players who are just jogging about aimlessly. Lakaku can’t half shift for a big bloke. Not that you’d know it by how often he actually makes a run. Or any of the rest of them for that matter. Its so easy to defend against.

It doesn’t bode well for the weekend. I suspect that on present form Saturdays game against the scousers will be another woeful Jose bus-parking exercise, in which case I doubt it’ll even be worth watching. It’s got ‘last game on MOTD’ written a over it!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just sat down to watch Milan v The Gunners…..I must be a masochist!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Good ‘eavens…we just scored!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Good ‘eavens…we just scored again!  WTF is going on, I don’t recognise my own team.

No sobbing so far!

binners

Everyone ready for the United Liverpool match? I’m sure it’ll be a belter! 😂

senorj

Aaaagggghhhh.:-(

martinhutch

Bus parking, Liverpool style.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Haha!  Surely not at home?  Would he dare?

I did actually agree with Moanys latest comments about all the failed managers criticising his tactics…..the odious Gary Nev for example, sacked after 4 months and telling everyone how it should be done! W@nker!

anyway, I created a thread recently complaining about the BBC putting women’s football and cricket on with as much gusto as the men’s games. I suggested the standard was so bad it was embarrassing.  I got some stick for it!

Well I just saw the highlights of the women’s England matches v Germany and USA. Jeez, there were three own goals and the defending was beyond belief!   I actually really enjoy a lot of women’s sport, from skiing to tennis and athletics etc but football has a massive way to go before they should put it on telly.

binners

Route 1 football! 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

Ooh hello, Eric could should the English Ladies a few things, quality effort!

so are MU going to experience what Palace did the other night?  Fellani for Rashford……FFS!

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure how deserved it was and at least we got one half with the bus only half parked

Two great finishes from Rashford though Baillys was the best [ as was his spin out of defence].

Pretty much C guaranteed now but still miles from city and entertainment.

hodgynd
    Free Member

..and at the other end of the table ..great result and performance from the toon ..not out of it yet by a long chalk but other results also went our way and great to see the Pardew / Carver management team working so well ( nothing against WBA in particular ) …maybe they might stop believing their own hype as to how good they are and finally realise as results bear out that they are utter shite .

Into the Championship and delighted to see Mitro on fire for Fulham ..seven in five now for the big chonk and another £6m added to his value by fat Mike if reports are to be believed ..straight swap for Cairney at the end of the season if you want him !

Of course I couldn’t let a dip into the Championship go by without mentioning Sunderland ..keep up the good work 😁

Rockape63
    Free Member

Nice one Magpies!

so do we think Jamie Carragher is going to keep his Sky career going after the spitting episode?   I know footballers aren’t very clever, but that was unbelievable!

senorj

Oh dear. I don’t think so.

Defensive coach at Tranmere?

Klunk
    Free Member

goaded really ? they shouted “2-1” at him, I’m sure he heard a lot worse during his career.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Sacking offence ..no excuses .

Totally vile behaviour..and if he knew he was being filmed ..what the hell was he thinking ?

ransos
    Free Member

The trouble at West Ham has been brewing for a while now: the fans are utterly fed up with the owners and a browse of some fan forums suggests that they’d be willing to accept a relegation if that’s the price for getting rid of the dildo brothers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

goaded really ? they shouted “2-1” at him, I’m sure he heard a lot worse during his career.

And I’m sure the video was very careful to show exactly what the person recording it was after.

hodgynd
    Free Member

He didn’t have to engage..you surely can’t excuse what he did as acceptable under any circumstances ?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Indeed, he could have just wound up his window and turned his music up!

binners
    tiggs121
    Free Member

Liked Carragher as a player and thought he was a decent guy……..oh dear!

Was it the driver who filmed him?  Might be an interesting case should someone complain about using a phone whilst driving?

How to lose a £1M salary in a few seconds!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Grown man shouldn’t react like that, idiot, surely he must’ve heard worse than ‘2-1’ ?. Hopefully plod has a word with the ‘victim’ driving the other car for driving whilst shouting at another car and use of a mobile phone to film it.

Cock end.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He didn’t have to engage..you surely can’t excuse what he did as acceptable under any circumstances ?

Hi reaction was not acceptable but if people go out with the intention of filming a reaction they really shouldn’t be surprised when they get one – as the person claiming to be wronged is in charge of what is recorded and released it hardly makes them reliable to document all their actions. Aside from him there are some right idiots out there who think because somebody is famous it makes them fair game.

ransos
    Free Member

Hopefully plod has a word with the ‘victim’ driving the other car for driving whilst shouting at another car and use of a mobile phone to film it.

Yeah, I think that’s a point that’s been lost in the frothing moral outrage at Carragher. He’s a plum, no doubt about it, but he wasn’t the one breaking the law and endangering his daughter just so he could troll for a reaction to sell to the papers.

Klunk
    Free Member

but he wasn’t the one breaking the law

afraid not

ransos
    Free Member

afraid not

Fair enough, but I was referring to the fact that the other guy was filming on a phone instead of looking at the road, which put his daughter in danger.

binners

Has Gary Neville had anything to say on the matter?

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.