Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • Cletus

Well done Wigan. You wanted it more than us.

Delph sending off was a bit harsh but he was stupid giving Taylor the opportunity to make the decision. Grigg was a handful and took his goal brilliantly.

Need to step up the performance levels against Arsenal on Sunday.

binners

Great performance by Wigan last night on top of another great display by Rochdale on Sunday.

Wigan-born mrs Binners was an extremely happy bunny and continued her streak of highly improbable winning bets with a tenner (which was a free bet on her new account) on a ‘Keep the Faith’ repeat of the FA cup final, and a Wigan win.

At 17/1

You should have seen her watching the last few minutes through her fingers 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m also pleased to see refs dutifully heeding Pep’s call to protect players by issuing, in last night’s case, a red card for s dangerous challenge. About time.

MSP

“Delph sending off was a bit harsh but he was stupid giving Taylor the opportunity to make the decision”

It looked a definite red at full speed, maybe didn’t look as bad on slow mo, but I think the only argument against it could be the series of far worse tackles dished out to city that have gone unpunished. At least half a dozen times in the past couple of months, referees have told city players that kind of tackle is acceptable. This is where refereeing consistency is a must.

theotherjonv

I’m also pleased to see refs dutifully heeding Pep’s call to protect players by issuing, in last night’s case, a red card for a dangerous challenge. About time.

Top work, DD. I LOL’ed

avdave2

Interesting take on the sending off on the BBC where they reported that on their poll 69% of people thought it should have been a red card so therefore a 50:50 decision.

I’m still trying to work out the logic of that one!

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’ve seen some bad performances from Arsenal recently, but this game against the Swedish no hopers takes the biscuit!  Truly abysmal across the board and almost given up our 3-0 away result in the first half!

a goal back at the start of the 2nd half just papers over the cracks!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – Arsenal being Arsenal!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

As an arsenal fan employed at Östersund Council who has spent most of the day saying we’ll win 7-0 on aggregate I am utterly dreading going to work tomorrow.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just sitting down to watch the Arsenal/City final and wondering if I should be behind the sofa rather than on it!  😮

binners

Come on Rochdale!!!!!!! 😃

binners

This is an absolute farce!!

VAR is getting off to a great start, isn’t it? 😂

GET IN!!!!

mikey74
    Free Member

VAR is getting off to a great start, isn’t it?

Only because the idiotic commentators and fans won’t let it. The exasperation of the commentators is reaching comedic levels and the booing from the fans is simply pathetic. I’ve only seen the game from immediately before the penalty decision, but I thought the VAR got everything right.

binners

This is an absolutely bonkers match! 😳

MSP

I don’t recall ever seeing such an empty dead stadium for a premier league stadium.

Jamie
    Free Member

I know right? Weird. Absolutely no reason for it to be like that.

Edit: Arsenlol.

MSP

This is a rout, city goals have been quality.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

surely enough enough now, surely wengers position is untenable

Jamie
    Free Member

ArsenalTV going to be a corker tonight.

Junkyard
    Free Member

there is no shame these days in being beaten by this city side

That said Arsenal have been like this for years so its the other results not this once.

As a friend said today – after i said no one had destroyed Wengers legacy more than wenger- ” the only people upset by Wenger leaving will be Spurs fans”

Its such a same – I think this is the fourth season I have said this.

MSP

To be fair to arsenal, it is just those moments of sheer quality that separate them.

Discuss- Ederson, the best goalkeeper in the league?

He isn’t the best shot stopper so if that’s all you want from a goalkeeper then no he isn’t. But he has got to be quickest off the line to close down balls behind the defence, is commanding in collecting crosses and corners, and makes passes that half the outfield players in the league would be proud of.

MSP

…and pretty decent at saving penalty’s.

binners

Has an arsenal player actually put a tackle in during this game? Maybe they should give it a go?

Ozil is having one of those games where he looks like he’d rather be having his finger nails pulled out than be on the pitch. None of the rest of them look particularly interested either

Junkyard
    Free Member

the best goalkeeper in the league?

He isn’t the best shot stopper

That will be no then  Best Libero keeper possibly but best keeper no.

Jamie
    Free Member

It was a bit of a ballsy move, but I think wearing roller-skates has really backfired on Danny Welbeck.

martinhutch

Luckily the prized spot in the Europa League 3rd Qualifying round could still be available for Arsenal despite last weekend’s result. Unless Burnley catch them.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

They’ll probably win the Europa League and qualify for the Champions League….so Arsene can continue to trouser his £200k per week.

martinhutch

Indeed. After all, Bayern won’t be there to fluke their way past Arsenal this time around.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I was there!  Jeez it was cold too!  Fortunately I wasn’t expecting much and was right….we were just inept, but Citeh just purr.  Ive said all season that Sane is a wonderful player, but seeing him up close, he’s so bloody quick, as they all are.  We looked like Cart Horses in comparison.

Surely Le Prof will go at the end of the season, even he must now see its over!

dragon
    Free Member

They’ll probably win the Europa League and qualify for the Champions League….so Arsene can continue to trouser his £200k per week.

They’ve AC Milan next, so doubt it. Although AC Milan are hardly flying either, really is the battle of the slightly failing big clubs.

binners

Beating AC Milan? Off the back of desperately trying to rescue a point at Brighton?

😂

martinhutch

Winning the Europa is increasingly looking like Arsenal’s only shot at European football. Burnley are only five points behind and in better form as it stands.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Arsenal fans are pretty ambivalent about our form currently, as we’ve realised that only by losing everything badly are we going to get rid of the senile French ****t!

mrmoofo

What a brilliant result for Brighton ….

Hope it will mean that they will now stay up for another season!

muggomagic

Great result for Brighton. That first 40 minutes we played really well. Just got to keep it going and get the points needed for safety. Pleased for Dunk too, as he’s played so well for us this season and it’s about time he scored one at the right end 😀

binners

Dunk – fair play to him – was funny and philosophical about him upping his score for the season to -3 😂

Brighton thoroughly deserved the win. Arsenal are absolutey awful. All over the shop! I’d reserve special criticism for Ozil, who’s biggest contribution to the game was throwing his fanny  gloves away. Here’s an idea…. why not show up for a game for a change!

As a United fan I just find pretty depressing. I think the pinnacle of the Premiership era was the Class of 92 and Wengers Invincibles.

Watching City comfortably cruise past Chelski without breaking a sweat I think they’re in the same league as those two squads.

MSP

What’s the betting that Ozil signed his new arsenal contract because he didn’t get the offers he thought he would.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Maybe gambling on a new manager being in place next season? Not much of a gamble, mind.

Cletus

Great week for City. If it is any comfort to Arsenal at least you tried to attack for a while on Thursday and were not as spineless as Chelsea were today.

I think Conte will have lost his senior players after that performance. Hazard is a great player and has often troubled us as has Fabregas (who I wold not classify as great). They would not have been happy at be told to play that way.

Think the league is in the bag. It would be nice to wrap it up against United when they visit The Etihad in April.

MSP

Maybe gambling on a new manager being in place next season? Not much of a gamble, mind.

Nah, He thought Europe’s elite would come knocking with big offers, but they have all looked at how he drifts in and out of form and his workrate over the past few years, and decided no. So he has been left without options.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.