Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Soap suds – converted fire extinguisher
  • singletracksurfer

Saw one at a cx event but I can’t find out anything on line. Anyone know anything about them?

singletracksurfer

Converted into a bike wash I should have explain.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Here ya go fella. My son was looking at these in the summer.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fire-Extinguisher-super-soaker!-can-be-modded-to-/

singletracksurfer

thank you

ppapa
    Free Member

I am not entirely sure what you are after, but a hand pump pressure washer is just over a tenner. Mine works brilliantly and it’s so much easier to clean the bike…

singletracksurfer

Someone had a converted fire extinguisher which had an adapted top so you could pump the pressure back up. I have a cheap garden spray thing too which is good, but the soap suds thing looked neat and worked well.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Stored pressure (pump up) extinguishers used to have schrader valves which you could pressurize yourself after unscrewing the top & filling with water or foam, hardly any do these days though. There are some sill around on ebay etc but you have to get a clear pic of the top to check if it has a Schrader or not. Most extinguishers are now pressurised through the actual operating valve using an adapter.
    I’ve just got one of the 12v water pump kits from ebay (£20) and its really good, I use it for my trials motorbike mainly.

singletracksurfer

Thanks Dave.

scottrider
    Free Member

These Fire extinguishers are called Soap Suds Pressurised Pit Cleaner. They are made by a club member selling them to riders from all different clubs. Sprayed in their club colours or in a specific design they want.
    They have a Schrader valve and removable cap so can be refilled with water & air.

singletracksurfer

Thats the one Scottrider – do you know how I can contact them/make an order?

scottrider
    Free Member

I’ve past on your email address to Paul who sells them, he’ll get in contact with you sts.

Northwind

That’s a cool idea- it’s pretty easy to add a valve to a standard extinguisher but the removable cap would make it much more usable.

singletracksurfer

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Soap suds – converted fire extinguisher’ is closed to new replies.