Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • So your boss is late paying you your wages.
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

Project- then you are not comparing similar issues- the OP relates to staff members of small companies. If they have ‘bought’ your services as a supplier then as you say you are not a plonker- if you are shouting for a water at a well that is dry then that is the action of a plonker (in my opinion)- as I said my advice would be to talk to the boss to see what could be done- even half pay would allow the main bills to be paid etc etc

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Do you not realise the majority of households in this country are pushed to the limit as it is without putting some by on the premise their employers might not pay them on time….utter tosh!

The majority of families in this country are struggling to make ends meet with rising fuel, utility, food costs etc etc

And do you not realise that people spend more on luxury goods than they did 20 or 30 years ago, spend more of their ‘disposable income’ and save less?

And I really don’t think that the ‘majority of households’ are in fact ‘pushed to the limit’; more that increasing numbers of people are living beyond their means to pay for the lifestyle they believe they ‘deserve’.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Get the *%$£! out once you find another job. Even when you do get it sorted out,the bitter taste wont make you want to hang around. Stressing out over how and when to ask questions that you shouldnt have to ask in the first place is not on.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Get the *%$£! out once you find another job. Even when you do get it sorted out,the bitter taste wont make you want to hang around. Stressing out over how and when to ask questions that you shouldnt have to ask in the first place is not on.

I was earning around 160 a week once and i missed a DD because of the money not going into my account on time.To get charged £20-30 in total at the time when i was earning £160 was a mare. I mentioned it to the boss and he said “well you should save and have enough money in there for the payments!”

Yeah,thanks for that.

project
    Free Member

Pop larkin, but i was the op, and the 2 people i know work for a small company that subcontracts to larger companies, the samller comapny isnt get paid on time, so cant pay its staff.

Love the idea of half pay youre obviously a closet conservative then.Perhaps you should tell the public service unions and the underground workers along with the construction workers unions.

grantway
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    And I really don’t think that the ‘majority of households’ are in fact ‘pushed to the limit’; more that increasing numbers of people are living beyond their means to pay for the lifestyle they believe they ‘deserve’.

Disagree on deserve. But people wanting things they can’t afford.

Blame 0% interest myself for most of the problems or buy now pay later.
    Trouble is this country is now dependent on this including keeping
    businesses going offering these types of loan options.

On top of that we have these new pay day loans
    which have and will become a lot of reasons for people
    becoming seriously in debt surprised the Government
    allow these type of borrowing disgusts me.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Sorry but your situation is different than the original situation then- unless Ive read it wrong you are describing that they are paid members of staff- this is different than being a sub contractor.

Is the use of ‘closet conservative’ an insult?? Im sure the world/eurozone would be much better under labour/lib dems/grenpeace etc (haha)

My suggestion wasnt to settle for half pay but to have half the money now and the rest once the cashflow improved. I wasnt suggesting they wrote it off.

Anyway I will leave this thread now on the basis that if you tell your mates to kick up an all mighty stink their bosses will suddenly find some more cash under the magic tree and be able to pay them 😉

project
    Free Member

Is the use of ‘closet conservative’ an insult?? Im sure the world/eurozone would be much better under labour/lib dems/grenpeace etc (haha)

Glad you agree, you know where to put the x then.

Northwind

Not everyone can have a cash buffer for this, but if you can’t then a time buffer works too- make the DDs come out a week after you’re due to get paid.

Elfinsafety – Member

As frustrating as it is to not get paid on time, it’s not the fault of others if you jolly well have not bin paid on time.

Well, um, it is 100% the fault of others tbh.

Pieface

Normally when I work for a company and have a contract saying that my salary is x and gets paid on date y, then I’m going to be rather pi55ed off that they don’t pay me, regardless of whether it results in me going short or not.

Make a fuss or they’ll continue to bully you

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its a breach of contract, the employer is liable for any late charges from missed DDs etc. Its bang out of order.

Legal actino is open and shut case. Don’t put up with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘So your boss is late paying you your wages.’ is closed to new replies.