Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So you think you can ride a bike, eh?
  • tomhoward

if You forgot, could you learn again?

https://ed.ted.com/on/WOffDYyi#review

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

That’s amazing. Very thought provoking.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

I have tried one of those bikes. So confusing!!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Love that.

Thanks for posting.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I essentially screwed up my sense of balance and spent a few days in a neuroward. It’s not nice, it wasn’t a total loss of my sense of balance but it was enough that I felt unsteady for a number of months on my feet let alone on a bike.

seadog101

Tried to ride one of those bikes just a couple of months ago. Some safety training thing for work all about how we think.

It was impossible. Not just a bit tricky, and think that after a few goes you’ll be sorted, it was utterly baffling. Even just wheeling it along was hard to do. I tried cheating by going into a wheelie right off the start, but it was geared too high!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

enjoyed that, thanks for sharing.

simon_g

Mike Boyd (who did a couple of great videos on teaching himself to wheelie and manual) learned to ride this bike too. But he was quite a bit quicker!

stumpy01

Years ago at a car boot sale in Brean, Somerset there was a bloke with one of these backwards steering bikes who charged something like £1 for 3 goes. You had to ride between 2 lines without putting your feet down & basically won a tenner if you could do it. The lines weren’t even that far apart – perhaps 5m.

I was about 8 years old and convinced I could do it. I couldn’t. Such a weird sensation.

I can’t help but think if you learnt to ride a city bike like this, it would be the ultimate anti-theft device!

richmtb

That was really good, thanks for sharing.

I’m not convinced I’ve fully learned a normal bike so I don’t think I would have any joy on the backward one!

DezB
    Free Member

Main thing I’ve got from this is that Mike Boyd makes me sick. Talented git.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Really interesting. thanks for that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So you think you can ride a bike, eh?’ is closed to new replies.