Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • So … you drive a Bentley convertible
  • jimjam
    Free Member

yunki

I’m very sorry but why should I feel obligated to enter into your drama at your demand?

It’s a forum, for debate, discussion and chat. You chose to post in the thread presumably to engage in the discussion, unless you thought your statement would be so profound you’d win the internet today and people would marvel at it, in which case you should have thought about what you were posting.

Why would I possibly be afraid of exposing a lack of consistent thought or clarity on a mildly entertaining anonymous cycling forum?

What the hell even makes you think that a life of well thought through and defensible moral standpoints is a way of life that I subscribe to or even respect?

If you’re just posting random noise that doesn’t represent your opinions, or your thoughts then why bother posting? If you’re not trying to express your own opinions you’re basically trolling and of little use to any community. If you don’t respect that, or can’t grasp that, fine, but you forfeit the right to call bullshit on any other posters or anyone else you might be commenting on who’s posts or statements lack truth or consistency.

However, if I heard that CG had poo’ed on the backseat of a Bentley convertible I imagine that I would quite possibly LOL with pride

If you’d heard that CG had defecated on the backseat of a Mini convertible would you lol with pride? What’s the threshold here? Where are you setting the bar for things you applaud shitting on?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I drive a panel van

Ooooh! Get you. Are you a serial killer? 😉

Hadge
    Free Member

I only drive a Golf R so where should I shop? I never knew the vehicle you drove dictated your shopping. Go figure.

ads678

I AM NOT BEING JUDGEMENTAL.  HOW IS FINDING IT AMUSING MAKING A JUDGEMENT?  WHAT ACTUALLY IS MY JUDGEMENT???

Why is it amusing that someone with an expensive car is shopping in TKMaxx?

Jakester
    Free Member

Yunki, just to be clear, you’re defending your right to suggest taking a dump in someone’s car? Er….

yunki
    Free Member

Ooooh! Get you. Are you a serial killer?

not yet

Sorry to have inadvertently triggered you jimjam. It’s ok for you to like cars.

And sorry for not engaging with this thread under your personally prescribed set of regulations for forum engagement.

I was just offering CG a bit of moral support.

However, I have been known to applaud shitting on all sorts of things when the mood takes me..

I applauded someone shitting in the pocket of a pub pool table once. I have no idea what the monetary value of the table was.

I have to say that I don’t know where the line is for me.. I don’t like luxury vehicles, they’re designed for and marketed at spivs.. maybe I would feel differently if I had enough disposable income to indulge in such ostentatious frivolities?

What I do know is that debating the subject with you is a meaningless activity.. I really don’t think I’ve learnt from your ‘clever’ appeal to my intellect.

I’m still not possessed of an unquestioning respect for property and I would still laugh if CG poo’ed in a posh car

you’re defending your right to suggest taking a dump in someone’s car? Er….

I think I’m only defending my right to laugh at the act, I can’t imagine a situation where I would be suggesting it

winston
    Free Member

The guy we bought our house from kept a bentley and a ferrari in the garage which was heated, alarmed and had a electric door system.  I drive a Nissan Leaf …..the garage is no longer heated or alarmed and the electric doors are switched off….and its so full of junk I can barely get my bike in it let alone a car or 2

In fact when we moved in we didn’t even have a Leaf but a battered old Mondeo estate which cost me £2k

(some) of the neighbours were clearly very judgemental but ironically both the ferrari owner and the judgemental neighbours bought their houses 30 years ago when the town where we live was not stupidly expensive, paid off the mortgage and then retired on nice fat defined benefit pensions from the public sector. No wonder they could afford expensive cars. We on the other hand bought at the height of a 20 year property boom and probably earn more than they ever did……..point is appearences can be deceptive and its probably better to just chill out, try not to judge and all get along for the brief time left to us before Russia and Trump blow us all up.

johnx2
    Free Member

TK Maxx is shite. Used to wander past one and would look in occasionally hoping I dunno, for cheap gortex or something. It’s a worse Debenhams, basically, full of weird brands you see nowhere else. I doubt there can many real discounts other than on shite absolutely no one wants and you’ll regret getting the moment it’s home. Whereas a Bentley is some sort of car.

Anyway I get it. The amusing juxtaposition is a car bought to impress outside a shop full of stuff that does the opposite…

kerley
    Free Member

However, I have been known to applaud shitting on all sorts of things when the mood takes me..

You must mix with some odd people if they spend their time shitting on various objects for your amusement.  Presumably some are not worthy of applause so they could be just wasting their shitting potential but guess they know the risks.

yunki
    Free Member

You must mix with some odd people if they spend their time shitting on various objects for your amusement

Unfortunately I was referring more to applauding my kids for using the potty, my dog for waiting til we get to the beach rather than going in the shopping precinct, a random person that I have never met shitting in the pocket of a pub pool table, and once when I was 13, I applauded my friend for pooing into a paper bag and depositing it in flames upon the doorstep of the grumpy old smartarse who lived in the corner of Mulberry Crescent. He didn’t as far as I know, go on to make a career of it.

I’m truly honoured that you have conjoured up an entourage of dedicated bowel evacuators though, defecating on everything in my path in the desperate hope of garnering my approval.. It’s not something I’d ever thought about but if you want to picture my life that way, then good for you 🙂

CountZero

Whereas Bentley represents the opposite of that – it’s a tarted-up VW (I think the Continental is based on what used to be the phaeton?).

Bentley are part of VAG, but so are Lamborghini and Bugatti, the first generation Continental GT used the Phaeton platform and a revised Bentley version of the W12, but they’re built by Bentley in Crew, not Dresden, or wherever Phaetons were/are built, a platform is just that, a basic chassis that a wide variety of cars can be constructed on, it’s the way most modern cars are designed.

The next iteration of Bentley cars will, however, share the new modular Porsche Panamera platform

And aren’t Rolls Royce just tarted up BMW’s? One thing Bentley Porsche and Audi have in common is a proud racing heritage, I don’t think many Rolls Royce cars won a Grand Prix or Le Mans…

FWIW,  given the money I’d love a Continental GT, I think they’re beautiful cars, but the Phaeton has its appeal as well, a car that looks like a Passat, but with a 600-odd bhp W12 engine and luxury fittings.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You can get good knife bargains in TK Maaaaax. Which, if I were yunki, I’d use to very neatly slash into the leather in the back seats before stealthily  sliding a Yule log into the foam underneath, neatly closing the wound afterwards – tidying up with something from their by-the-till-knick-knack section.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

No RR don’t have a racing heratige, but a heratige of extremely luxurious cars. Why would yo want to drive fast in an RR? In any case you’re supposed to be driven in an RR and not get involved in the manual labour of actually driving. People who buy bently’s buy them because they can’t afford an RR. RR bought Bentley back in the day to bring in a product line with racing heratige, but it was just a marketing exercise as they were based on the RR cars which were not particularly sporty. The more expensive RR cars are bespoke and don’t share platforms with BMW. The slightly less expensive and more ‘entry level’ models might do.

whos to say these cars are expensive? Bentleys and their like depreciate like a stone. My next door but one has one, a very nice example too, but it’s ten years old and cost him less than £20k, so less than a brand new specc’d up Ford Focus. He shops at Aldi and occasionally Tesco Express. Not sure he shops at TK Maxx though. He mostly wears Barbour type pretentious country clothing. Wax jackets and flat caps….you get the picture.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘So … you drive a Bentley convertible’ is closed to new replies.