Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • So … you drive a Bentley convertible
  • cinnamon_girl

Where would you shop?

matt_outandabout

Aldi, Betfred and Original Catalogue Outlet, obvs.

weeksy

I wouldn’t…. i’d send the ‘man’ out to do it… or do online.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Top Shop and Cash Converters

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In Monaco

lunge

Aldi with a side of Waitrose, same as now in fact, only at the moment I do it on my cargo bike.

perchypanther
    Free Member

If you are my wifes Auntie Doreen then Morrisons in Wishaw.

maccruiskeen

Are you looking for somewhere to meet a Sugar Daddy OP? 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Asda, Tesco’s and park in either the disabled bays or Family/Child bays.. having no kids I don’t see why these spaces are reserved..

Torminalis
    Free Member

Wherever the hell you wanted?

Harry_the_Spider

A few years back I saw Ricky Fhatton pour himself out of a Bentley that was parked at a jaunty angle across a couple of disabled bays at Tesco in Prestwich.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

For maximum “Considerably richer than you” value.

cinnamon_girl

TK Maxx.  Oh how I laughed!

ads678

Why?

maccruiskeen

Was the registration TK11 AXX?

submarined
    Free Member

Why? People with money often have money because they spend it frugally.

‘laughing’ at something like that says lots more you than the driver imho.

Maybe I’m alone in thinking that if a person has earned/saved money to buy a nice car, then fair play to them. Maybe they bought it because it’s a lovely place to be, rather than to make a statement.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oh how I laughed!

Nervously? Because you felt a bit uncomfortable with yourself for being so judgemental? 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

There’s a Range Rover in Edinburgh with the number plate BIG EGO.  I’d like to think they have a sense of humour.

P-Jay
    Free Member

That don’t impress me much!

perchypanther
    Free Member

There’s a Range Rover in Edinburgh with the number plate BIG EGO.  I’d like to think they have a sense of humour.

..or a copy of the very first issue of the Beano.

1938 – Different times.

cinnamon_girl

Not being judgemental at all, just found it amusing.

submarined
    Free Member

I used a brand new Vanquish S to park in a parent and child space at Aldi, go to a charity shop, and take a dead chicken to the tip.

Went to a 2 Michelin star restaurant in a 13 year old 140k mile BMW.

Judgements are tricky.

zippykona

In my shop.

johndoh
    Free Member

Why is it amusing? Because you think someone that has a car like that should be able to afford to shop at more exclusive outlets than TX Maxx? Then that would make you judgemental.

Unless there is another reason you found it amusing, but I struggle to see what that would be.

FuzzyWuzzy

Does anyone buy any of the food in TK Maxx – I think you need Bentley level money to afford it?! I don’t really understand why the clothes and stuff are cheap but the food is crazy expensive. OK I get some of it is niche import stuff but even things like jelly beans are stupid money.

nickc

Oh c’mon the juxtaposition is kinda amusing, a house’s worth of car parked outside a shop that sells discount clothes. There’s fun to be had in many situations without making it about value judgements. And, even if it is a value judgement  there’s much comedy based around that anyway

StW: home of the po-faced.

footflaps

My local Bentley dealership opposite where I work has morphed into a Skoda dealership. Maybe there were too many complaints from TK-Max?

ads678

So many rich people are tightwads though* (which is why they are still rich) so it’s not even funny. Its just judgmental.

My wife was looking at shoes in TKmaxx at the weekend and there was a pair of Stella McCartney reduced from £950 to £450. I don’t imagine they’ll sell too quickly but it’s not all just cheap tat in there, some is reduced but still well over priced tat….

*yes I understand the ironing.

aracer
    Free Member

when if I ever have the money to drive a Bentley convertible I’ll get something else more interesting instead I’ll shop at all the above suggested places just to amuse people.

mboy
    Free Member

There’s a Range Rover in Edinburgh with the number plate BIG EGO. I’d like to think they have a sense of humour.

There’s a Range Rover lives on the next street over from mine, with the registration PU51 LOV… And yes it’s white, tinted windows, drug dealer spec wheels etc…

Driven by a middle aged housewife who picks her kids up on the school run in it, in suburban Worcester! I kid you not…

cinnamon_girl

Please explain how I am judging?  I confess to being amused and laughed, exactly how is that being judgemental?

chakaping
    Free Member

and take a dead chicken to the tip.

You really know how to show a dead chicken a good time.

ebennett

I’m guessing a lot of people on this thread also have expensive cars and shop in budget stores, would explain the apparent lack of a sense of humour of some posters.

windyg
    Free Member

I would shop at poundland just so i know that i have made someone happy

zippykona

In a similar vein it annoys me when I see a really expensive car carrying a shit bike.

You’re rich , spend your money and enjoy yourselves.

ebennett

In a similar vein it annoys me when I see a really expensive car carrying a shit bike.

Conversely, a really shit car carrying an expensive bike makes me happy – clearly they have their priorities right!

sbob
    Free Member

I’m guessing a lot of people on this thread also have expensive cars and shop in budget stores, would explain the apparent lack of a sense of humour of some posters.

I don’t own a car and shop in upmarket stores, just to balance things out.

My sense of humour generally involves taking the mick out of backfiring hypochondriacs and beta-male white knights, how does that work for you?

😉

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Which model year, seeing as you can get second hand convertible Bentleys from around 30k upwards. In an *almost* still current body shape (barring a couple of facelifts.)

That’s less than moany spend on a lightly loaded rep mobile.

I know where i’d rather sit while going to TK Maxx.

andyrm
    Free Member

As has been said, different priorities. The Bentley owner may not be fussed about expensive boutique clothes but likes nice motors. Or maybe a relative or friend asked them to pick something up for them in TK Maxx, or maybe they just enjoy the “you don’t know what you’ll find” vibe of the store.

Whatever the reason, all we do know is they’ve done something well enough in life to drive and run an expensive motor, suggesting some level of success at something. And for that I fully applaud them.

Mister-P
    Free Member

People shop in TK Maxx?  It’s a hell hole of a place.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘So … you drive a Bentley convertible’ is closed to new replies.