Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • So you can’t buy knives on ebay uk?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

When did that happen?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Probably after watchdog did a “shocking expose”.

meehaja
    Free Member

I couldn’t buy a knife block in ASDA the other week as I’d forgotten my driving license. DEspite being 27, I guess I’ve just got a pretty face?

I’m all for protecting the youth and redcing knife crime, and I can see that a pointy knife might make a good weapon, but why would a knife weilding hoodie want a read knife? And more to the point, If I were going to stab someone, I wouldn’t buy a whole knife block (hard to conceal) I’d just buy one knife, or even more likely, I’d steal it!

To make matters worse, my pen knife broke a few weeks ago and I really want a replacement (Its a really useful tool!) but I can’t find one anywhere that I like and if i ask in fishing/ outdoor/ tool shops they look at me like I’ve P$%%£d on their kids.

And now its raining as well. Brilliant.

I blame the daily mail!

CountZero

when they found you could get switchblades, balisong and nylon composite knives which are all either illegal or have the authorities in a froth, like with nylon knives which don’t register on scanners. I know where to get them from in the states without using eBay, so it doesn’t bother me. Anyway I usually carry a cheap Rolson utility knife from Maplin, ‘cos it only costs a few pence to replace a blade when I snap the tip off digging stuff out off my tyres, or hacking back branches.

oldgit
    Free Member

I got a Swedish army knife off a bloke down the pub.

Nick

Was told I couldn’t buy two paracetamol products in Tesco on the same receipt the other day, one bottle of 6+ calpol, the other a bottle of 3+ Tesco own brand. So I paid for one then paid for the other.

Stupid stupid stupid government nanny state bollox.

Nick

I know where to get them from in the states without using eBay, so it doesn’t bother me.

and you know why?

samuri
    Free Member

I find it’s best to wipe clean and ditch a knife once you’ve stuck it in a complete stranger because he was looking at me funny (or some other ridiculously petty reason that the kids use for stabbing someone), so I do need a ready supply of knives. A knife block would be very sueful for keeping them all in.

But really, if I’m having a problem getting hold of a knife I’ll just buy a load of screwdrivers and sharpen them up a bit. Stopping selling knives to people isn’t going to stop the problem. Find out why the little scrotes feel the need to attack people with weapons and fix that.

Stoner
    Free Member

technically it’s illegal to carry without a good reason my preferred pocket knife, a Victorinox Forester which has a 3.3″ blade. I know the “good reason” bit is what’s inside my control, and everyone has to take responsibility for their actions, but it’s the stupidity and bloody mindedness of the womble police that I dont fancy my chances with.

CountZero

Nick, I’m not sure I understand your question. As it happens I’ve carried a knife virtually every day for the last forty years or so, including to school, with never any issues, but now I’m being made to feel like a pariah because I carry what to me is a useful tool. I’m not going to stop now.

grynch
    Free Member

*wondering what a “swedish army knife” is*

coffeeking
    Free Member

I can count on the thumbs of one hand the number of times I’ve needed a knife larger than the 1.5″ blade on my alien tool when out and about. That one time was when I was trying to hack some wood up to make a fire (a saw would have been better) but hacking with a 7″ blade with some weight did fine. The number of times it can be used for helpful occasions “on the street” is tiny – what is so important that you cant wait until you reach your house or work/school where a knife may be used without problem?

grynch
    Free Member

hey.. whadaya know.. there IS a swedish army knife *mea culpa*

chakaping
    Free Member

I bet it’s blue rather than red.

oldgit
    Free Member

I can ak Del to get you one if you want. I think he still has some ex Russian army Betamax video cameras left going cheap if youre interested.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Apparently stickle bricks are really dangerous too.

I bought a box of them at Argos for the little ‘un and I had to go to the counter to prove I was over 18 before they would get them. I’m just assuming some Saturday worker mixed up the code for sticklebricks with the product code for the flamethrowing rocket propelled grenade launcher in their database. Hopefully.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

That’s alright, 36 year old Mrs BS had to put back a bottle of Red and a 4 pack of Guiness last night because she didn’t have ID on her in the local CO-OP, FFS!

coffeeking
    Free Member

BS – rather that than them be handing out beer to 12 year olds personally. I always carry ID in my wallet (driving license) so really I feel its a case of “if you have nothing to hide it shouldnt be a problem”. But I know it can be a pain in the arse if you forget it. She should take it as a compliment 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘So you can’t buy knives on ebay uk?’ is closed to new replies.