Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • So you are shown on national TV driving without a seatbelt…
  • Poopscoop

….and the above has been noted by the journalist. Would you expect a fine or nothing to be done about it?

Just curious.

poly
    Free Member

My guess is nothing will happen, but it would all depend on context.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

KP and a bunch of the sky cricket commentators filmed themselves on the way to the game in Tassie without seatbelts, got a talking to by the cops but that was it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If it were on your private estate, then nothing.

martymac

Or if you were on a road you owned . .

taxi25
    Free Member

Who cares what would happen ? I certainly don’t.

mildred

Maybe you’ve got an exemption?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Throw gammon at them.

petec
    Free Member

she’s immune from prosecution here

as, to be fair, all heads of state are. It’s just she has it slightly longer than most.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Queen’s Highway after all.

Though he was spotted on their estate so really of no one’s business and really there are more important things to get in a twist about.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hopefully he’ll put his face through a windscreen at some point soon.

jekkyl

Satan worshipping lizards are immortal and don’t need seatbelts silly.

rene59
    Free Member

‘The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you,'”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46935721

What a line!

Poopscoop

^^ Lol. That is indeed a complex way of NOT saying anything basically..😆

psling
    Free Member

I’d like the media to take this story and expand on it to make headlines about the hundreds, indeed thousands of pedestrians, cyclists and occupants of motor vehicles killed or seriously injured on the roads each year rather than occupy the headlines for days with what is a pretty minor story.
    He may be the Queen’s consort but, meanwhile, a friend of mine was knocked off his bike and seriously injured last weekend in a hit-and-run incident and that didn’t even make the local news…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I think if the police were going to do stuff like this they could have got alot of people filming themselves on TV. What about driving whilst being interviewed by someone? is that not the same sort of distraction as using your mobile phone…what about car programmes when they’re testing cars on road…they’re careful not to show the speedo but form the engine noise police can establish the engine revs and knowing the gear their in can determine their speed…JC and other motoring journalists have ever been done for speeding to my knowledge and they’re definitely speeding at times…in a fast car more than a couple of seconds max acceleration and you’re easily exceeding speed limits.

Definitely Police have better things to do…I’d prefer them to be out knocking ferrel yoofs who are upto no good off their mopeds.

Drac

but form the engine noise police can establish the engine revs and knowing the gear their in can determine their speed…

😂😂😂

Good luck getting that to stand up in court.

jekkyl

what a scumbag! They got a policeman to ring her up and say ”The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you” ??!!
    If you were a millionaire with a vast portfolio of property, land and art what would you do? buy her a new car? pay off her mortgage? send her 10 grand and a luxury holiday for 2 in New York? …. nada. Scumbag old ****

maccruiskeen

what a scumbag! They got a policeman to ring her up and say ”The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you” ??!!

the news seems to pretty much hinge on what one of the people involved in the accident (but not one of the drivers) thinks should happen after an accident. But its not really being viewed in the context of what would happen after any accident. Broadly speaking after an accident the drivers tend to keep schtum and not discuss things like blame and leave that to the insurers and any investigating authorities to decide. She seems to feel snubbed because she hasn’t heard the voice of a royal on the phone or received some flowers. Theres no reason not to expect she won’t be compensated in the same way any passenger who suffers injury or loss in someone else’s car would be.

jekkyl

maybe. ok I conceed that, we’ll see what happens in the finish.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

You think they might have learnt something from Diana not wearing hers.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘So you are shown on national TV driving without a seatbelt…’ is closed to new replies.