Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • So, who's racing at………..
  • endurokid
    Free Member

……….Gisburn on Sunday?

nosedive
    Free Member

Yay ! Me. See you there. Been all twitchy since hamsterley. Cant wait to have another day racing

endurokid
    Free Member

Should be a good day, can’t wait 😀

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Yep, the last one was my first taste of any kind of off road racing a really enjoyed it. Certainly got the bug now, I’ll be entering the whole pmba series this year 😀

bella
    Free Member

Yup. Like a small excited child. Big bike/small bike…… Big bike/small bike?????????

ricky1
    Free Member

Went round tonight for a blast,I’ve entered so I’ll see you all there,should be a good day.

Mugboo

I’ve entered but I’m not sure that racing will describe my riding…

Its over a year since I’ve been, stage 2 looks like the droppy Leap of Faith 😯

nosedive
    Free Member

If its the leap of faith im riding round it. Chicken of faith for me

Simon

I’ve entered. Not raced since the Tweedlove King of the Hill enduro last year, I’m excited!

Mugboo

My race experience consists of a Chainless Challenge race at Stainburn..

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I’ll be there 🙂

Noticed PMBA have put a brief mention of the stages up…

1. Escape to gisburn
    2. Gas to flat
    3. Borderline

Is escape to Gisburn home baked? Not sure where the other two stages are…

Full stage details will be emailed out today I believe, looking forward to it!

Simon

There’s a map in the email from the organisers with the stages on.
    Looks like Stage 1 starts at Whelpstine Crag and ends at the stream after Hully Gully.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Oh aye, just seen the map cheers!

nosedive
    Free Member

I hope there is an alternate line around that massive drop on stage 2!

domino

Yep! I will be there. May pop up there tonight for a cheeky practice.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

There was a facebook message from them saying you need to walk stage 2 because there are drops, but there is a chicken run.

How big is the drop? Seen the photo of the double jump on google images but no drop.

nosedive
    Free Member

It was being worked on last time i was there so hard to get a totally accurate sense but from memory it could have been 5 foot. Someone who rides the downhill line will probably know better. Its the one straight off the fire road i am thinking of

martinhutch

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgH5P6R8q4I[/video]

This is the previous version. Can’t imagine they’ve made it any bigger.

philfive
    Free Member

It’s about 4ft to a transition but there are 3 different drops there.

Simon

So, drops on stage 2 and stage 1 starting from the top of the Slab……it’s going to be interesting!

phil56

If anyone is looking for an entry we still have one going spare
    Phil

endurokid
    Free Member

I’ve only hit that jump once, and that was along time ago!!

Is the drop the DH ones after the double?

endurokid
    Free Member

The DH crew have built up the big drop so I’d say this is at least 5 foot with smaller options to the left. Should be an interesting viewing point for spectators!!

Simon

Anyone been to ride the stages today?

Gribs

So, drops on stage 2 and stage 1 starting from the top of the Slab……it’s going to be interesting!

The slab is easy enough if you just roll straight down the middle. I suspect more people will bin it on Hully Gully than that as they’ll be knackered and pushing hard towards the end. It’ll be easy enough to skip the leap of faith and there’s chicken runs round the drops on stage 2 but I’m betting there’ll be quite a few DNF’s.

Simon

So, has anyone been to Gisburn today, I was wondering how the off piste parts of the stages were riding?

ricky1
    Free Member

Went up to sign in,saw a few people fresh off the trail well and truly caked so I would say boggy simon,should be an interesting race tomorrow.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Yep, deffinatly muddy in places. Glad I changed the ardent I normally run on the rear to a conti Barron.

Simon

Well that was muddy, pedally and I bottled all the drops and I’m well and truly knackered but it was bloody great!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The bigger drop is 5 foot?

LOL

philfive
    Free Member

I think I said it was about 4 ft but into a transistion.

Mugboo

Pretty sure they were all over 6ft, that’ll be why I bottled the last one 🙂

Really good mix of trail centre, mud & a few drops. Saw a few bike casualties, a fork spring hanging out, snapped brake clamp lever, missing chains, etc. And hats off to the smiling chap with the very muddy face who must have hit the deck after the drops!

nosedive
    Free Member

Stage 2 was bonkers. What a brilliant event. Well organised, good atmosphere. Top day out

Mugboo

Yep, big up to all those that took the time to build, organise, marshall, heckle, etc.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘So, who's racing at………..’ is closed to new replies.