Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • So, who's Olympics is it?
  • leffeboy

So far it’s 100% for 🙂

…but only two of us have voted

Mark

One is me 🙂

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that was me. I can out-grump and out-doom the lot of you.

stumpy01

So then….this poll on the front page; sponsored by anyone is it?

Golden Arches, perchance? “I’m Loving It”, indeed….

For me the Olympics has been great so far.
    Am going to the footie at Wembley tomorrow and then athletics Fri evening to cheer on Jessica Ennis!

Mounty_73

I have loved it so far, I have watched so many sports that I would never normally be interested in.

I was glued to the Archery events, loved it!

I think its fab and inspiring, I did feel sad about the empty seats but it looks they are sorting that out!

Be positive! Be inspired! Believe!

That is all….. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s wonderful.

Being in central London certainly helps feel part of it. hats off the all the volunteers too.

So far I’ve been to both road races, will try and make the time trial. Will watch the ladies marathon with my daughter. Have tickets/invite to Beach Volley Ball, Swimming and Athletics.

loum
    Free Member

loum
    Free Member

loum
    Free Member

And there could be this to come…

loum
    Free Member

or this…

loum
    Free Member

And after all the booing at Wembley and ot, perhaps this…

loum
    Free Member

but hopefully this…

loum
    Free Member

Tomorrow?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am enjoying the sport especially seeing the road race live and as usual becoming gripped with sports that I only ever watch every four years – archery, volleyball (last night GB women!), handball, table tennis, sailing etc

It seems that most things have gone very well and we should feel proud of that and praise those that have done a good job. But, I do find it amazing that it is somehow wrong or even unpatriotic to suspend our own critical capacities over the period of the games…what a sad experience that would be! We can be supportive as appropriate without succumbing to brainwashing!

It is right to contrast the atmosphere and support on ‘free events’ such as the road race with the ticket issues and empty seats. Olympics is about celebrating participation in sport and if the vulgar sideshow that inevitably goes with it, prevents that, then there is no harm in pointing that out. Same with the world cup.

Anyway back to watching and enjoying (for the most part 😉 )

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Absolutely loving it. Love sport in general and loving these olympics. It is brilliant having it so local and as others have said it is that “once every four years” chance to see sports that you don’t normally see. Just watching some of the events and hearing the “home support” is pretty amazing. The hardest thing is having to work! Really looking forward to our visit to see the hockey next week and get a chance to soak up the Olympic Park atmosphere. I must say I don’t really understand the psyche of the naysayers over something like this, those that only seem happy when they’re complaining about something.

klumpy
    Free Member

I’m for the Olympics, but hoped that being in the host nation there’d be more chance to watch the less well known sports.

BBCs 1, 2, and 3 carry all of the usual cycling swimming and running. I tried the red button and saw judo listed, but when clicked on it was pistol shooting. The streaming over the net is unwatchable, so I couldn’t watch any fencing, and all the time this was going on BBC4 was switched off!

Olympics great, coverage not so. They’d better make sure the BMX is on the tellybox, or, or … I’ll legally (there’s precedent) tweet a joke about blowing something up. 😉 (emoticon for the rozzers)

bikebouy
    Free Member

As some of you may know I sail a bit.

So don’t get too diheartened by Paul Goodison or Ben Ainsles results so far, they do normally start off regattas a bit slow.
    The 49ers are about par although they do have some flashes in the pan and can pull off some decent results, Ian and Andrew in the Star are doing amazing so far, these guys can wobble in the middle of the regatta so bare that in mind, it’s early days..

Nic Dempsey is a hero and should do well in the Windsurfing, top 3 IMO.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m back from a weekend of spectating.

Road race was awesome even if it didn’t go well for the men. Seeing the people out supporting athletes doing a sport that I love was truely amazing. I was in Ripley, not a point on the course of much significance other than Wiggins liked the coffee on a training ride. Crowd was about 4 deep and atmosphere fantastic.

Watched some stuff on Sunday on TV including the women road race, bit of dressage, some slalom and then a few sports I know little about.

Monday was spent watching the Cross Country (Horse, 3 day eventing). Great atmosphere again, loads of support for everyone but loudest for the Brits. Saw some top athletes and horses doing what they do best.

My only gripe is that living in Newcastle means I’ve only managed to see tow events live. If I was down south I’d have put in for loads more and taken some days off work if I go them.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘So, who's Olympics is it?’ is closed to new replies.