• This topic has 68 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • So who’s got the new 12speed SunRace Kit?
  • tdog
    Free Member

Just wondering how you’re getting on with it and if you find that ypu make use of the dinner plate at the rear 50T 😬?

Does the shifter really shift nice crispy & light?

Was it as simple as fitting the cassette to an 11speed hub?

Oh and the all important what did you pay? As prices seem to vary a lot from STW review and even online prices.

tdog
    Free Member

Anyone got and ridden theirs yet?

tdog
    Free Member

Anyone,,,

Bueller,,,

ANYONE?

tdog
    Free Member

Eeeck! Thought atleast a fair few.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I remember seeing a television programme about penguins standing on the edge of an ice floe waiting to jump into the sea to go fishing.  They were nervous about doing so in case there were lurking seals to attach them.  It appeared that sometimes a penguin would push a neighbour in to test the water.

tdog
    Free Member

Aha, I see what you’re saying 😉😂

spev

i’m ordering mine next week so I’ll report back as soon as it goes on 🙂  (about 5 mins after it comes through the door)

avdave2

I’ll report back as soon as it goes on

If a seal doesn’t get you first!

akira

Saw groupset on eBay for £225, think it was from proper bike shop but forgot to look closely.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Yep… https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/granarycycles-uk-ltd/m.html?ssPageName=&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2654

But looks like I bought only available set 😀

I will report back as soon as I will have it delivered.

Cheers!

I.

thepurist

crashrash

Not got the 12 speed but have 11 speed 50-11 as an upgrade on my Whyte. The 50 was very useful when at altitude in the sierra nevada!

dirkpitt74

Didn’t realise it was available yet.

Although you’ll probably be able to pick up NX 12 speed for a similar price.

tdog
    Free Member

Are the cage plates on the derailleur meant to be carbon or metal or what?

transition1
    Free Member

anyone got theirs yet? Have setup the new Sunrace rear derailleur with X1 shifter & 11speed 11-46 cassette

worked up & down the road, real test on trails tomorrow…..

tdog
    Free Member

Yo Transition1- has the derailleur got a carbon jockey cage ?

transition1
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s Carbon toughen polymer I think. Worked ok at Surrey Hills today

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Mine landed today. Didn’t even had time to unbox it 😭

Hoping to instal it on Saturday and give ot a bash Tuesday/Wednesday either in Lakes or somewhere in Wales.

Cheers!

I.

tdog
    Free Member

Just the stw review iirc showed it was carbon bit when infact taking it out the box appears to be alloy.

transition1
    Free Member

I know they do 3 levels/prices of rear derailleur.

tdog
    Free Member

Hey transition bud, may you please link me to these 3 different rear mechs. Thanks

tdog
    Free Member

Thanks bud – it would seem that mine is a MX60.

I am still alright with that though as thought the deal would have included the carbon version. Damn suppose can’t have it all 😜

transition1
    Free Member

Tdog was yours off eBay as a groupset? I am tempted to see how the cheap one compares to the MZ80.

tdog
    Free Member

I purchased mine with a 10% off code via ebay yes.

singlespeedstu

tdog.

You got a link for where yours came from please?

transition1
    Free Member

I can get you a groupset but is either with the MS30 rear derailleur or the expensive MZ80, the other is currently not in stock for me

tdog
    Free Member

How much is the groupset with MZ80 I wonder?

@stu
    – I can’t seem to link from moby but try a search.

transition1
    Free Member

MZ80 groupset the price for your groupset plus difference in price of your derailleur & MZ80 one. As a rough guide.

tdog
    Free Member

Pheeeeww! Tbh I couldn’t stomach the cost of the top model one

dumbbot
    Free Member

Any reports on how this is shifting out on the trails? It’s starting to filter through into the shops now..

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Just managed to put my one on the bike. Still haven’t finished as found out my current NW chainring is too fat for 12 speed… In the end not surprised as it was prototype Banless stainless steel chainring for 10 speed only.

Anyways…

Managed to put all thing avaialable together but was rather surprised with the fact how much play there was between rear mech bolt and mech hanger. Initially though that it was hanger but nope, looks like there is degree of wobble in the mech itself…

My one is middle of the pack, RDMX60 if that helps… Anybody else seen anything like that?

Cheers!

I.

tdog
    Free Member

I’m

coming up to soon building bike up so will have an update hopefully soon but cannot tell how long as disty with a small part needed is proving tricky.

oysterkite
    Free Member

I’m running the 11-50 12 speedcasserole with SRAM , had to wind out the b screw a bit but works fine, no shifting issues

mickmcd
    Free Member

wotz a speedcasserole

tdog
    Free Member

It’s the opposite of a slow cooked cassette 😝

transition1
    Free Member

I noticed a bit of play in my rear mech out riding yesterday, tighten up the mech bolt & all was good. Mines the MZ80. currently running it on a sunrace 11-46 11 speed cassette with 11 speed KMC chain & Sram X1 11 speed shifter, all works great. So yes compatible with Sram, however have to fine tune the Limit screw for good shifting

transition1
    Free Member

I had another inspection of the rear derailleur with the wheel off. There is a tiny bit of movement between the mech hanger & what Sram calls the B-bolt kit. I recently had to rebuild my Sram GX rear derailleur with the B-Bolt kit due to bent B-screw, it’s almost like the derailleur is missing a crush washer. Still shifts great though.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Hows everyone getting on with this? My GF is considering changing from 2×10 to a 1x groupset, and the sunrace 12speed groupset can now be had for 200 pounds, but its an unknown for me, and i’d be worried to reccomend it to her without peoples experience. Does anyone know if it could then be used on shimano derailer in the future?

tdog
    Free Member

Dunno yet but having just had bike completed today, and a v short ride up road & back. Shifting is infinitely sweeter than XT.

I’ll report back …

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘So who’s got the new 12speed SunRace Kit?’ is closed to new replies.