Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • So, who's going to be watching the opening ceremony tonight then?
  • IHN

Olympic miseries need not apply.

I’m going to get my stuff ready for riding tomorrow, wash up, hoover and clean the bathroom (oh, the glamour) then me, a takeaway and a couple of beers will be settling on the sofa to watch it all happen.

I’m open to takeaway suggestions…

binners

Living the dream eh mate? 😉

Takeaway: is anywhere doing roast beef dinner takeaway deliveries during the Olympics? If not, there’s a gap in the market there

footflaps

Yep – then off to Road race Saturday, Hockey at Olympic park Sunday, Olympic Park day pass Monday….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m going to watch it. Looking foreward to it actually. I don’t usually take that much notice of sport but I’ll he getting into the ‘Limpics this time 🙂

IHN

Living the dream eh mate? Oh aye. To be honest, I quite like the feeling of a newly tidied house, it appeals to my inner Kryton 🙂

I’m skirting around the edge of a shish/kofta mixed kebab.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We started earlier this morning with the mass (cycle) bell ringing on Westminster Bridge.. Ding Dong donchaknow.

This evenings itinery in the Bouy household is:

Carlucios for supper in Canary Wharf, champers, pasta, wine then that thing they do with hot choc/espesso/cream dooodah..

Cocktails..

Home to blob out watching the ceremony then off to mates on the 17th floor to see if we can spot any fireworks..

Edit:

Then in the morning we’re off to the Mall to watch Cav get all shirty..

Drac

What time is kick off?

If I’m back from Batman in time then watch it at the pub.

jonba
    Free Member

Going to miss the first bit as I’ll be travelling but planning on catching the end.

IHN

Starts at 21:00.

warton
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ll be watching it.

wife is in London at a wedding, so my and my boy are going to spend the day at the beach, pizza for tea, get him down them I’ll settle down with a couple of beers and watch it. should be good!

thepurist

Probably not much of it, if any – I’ll be keeping abreast of plenty of the sporty stuff and want to see loads of home success and maybe some of the legacy promises come through, but opening/closing ceremonies don’t do it for me. The edited highlights of the Beijing opener were spectacular but I wouldn’t choose to sit through the rest of it. Does that make me an olympic misery?

Drac

Then in that case I may well be watching it in the pub.

IHN

Does that make me an olympic misery?

Nah 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Will be glued to the TV this evening.
    Hockey on Sunday – will wave to Footflaps – you got GB tickets?
    The down to Dorset to see the sailing.

nbt

I’m planning to watch it, but have been invited to the pub to see mates I’ve not seen for a while. The pub doesn’t have a telly which is normally a bonus – am considering whether to record the ceremony…

Junkyard
    Free Member

No why would anyone watch the opening or closing event to any sports events?

I have no issue with the events be in World Cup or Olympics whatever but I dont get the ceremony bit or why anyone would watch tbh

stumpy01

I’ll be watching it on the telly.

Then football on Wed at Wembley & athletics on Fri in the Olympic Stadium.

Slightly annoyed I can’t take my slr with big, fat lens on….

philconsequence
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=201qDoKniuE[/video]

rewski
    Free Member

Oh yes, really looking forward to it, saw a clip on the news featuring bikes with ultraviolet wings flapping to The Beatles Come Together, and Tiger Feet by Mud – class. Was at the torch relays in the City yesterday, the buzz was amazing, come on GB.

jimster
    Free Member

Undecided tbh, this sort of thing I find a bit cringeworthy, even though parts of it is an amazing spectacle.

Probably end up flicking over between BBC4 and BBC1.

votchy
    Free Member

Similar to OP (apart from cleaning the toilet!!) settle down in front of TV, sound up nice and loud through the AV system, nice takeaway and a few beers – COME ON GEEEEEEEE BEEEEEEE

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Can’t wait for it… best show on earth.

will be working until 7, then jumping on a 7.30 train to a mates – should arrive at his at 9 on the dot… watch the ceremony, then up at 5 do drive towards the ORR, then cycle the last 10 miles or so (so we can find parking…).

back home in the evening, then to swansea on sunday for an olympics party…

Flaperon

I shall be at work where unfortunately televisions are forbidden.

binners

I’ll be in the middle of Ae forest. Hmmmmm I wonder? A night ride through swoopy forest singletrack? Or watch some people in London waving flags? Its a no brainer really 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

I would be, but as the wife and tribe are already set up at the campsite I’ll be joining them straight after work! If we ever get this concrete poured that is 👿

mboy
    Free Member

Definitely watching it here too

Probably round my Dad’s house on his much bigger TV, will make myself a big dinner and sit and eat and enjoy!

jonba
    Free Member

IHN – Member
    Starts at 21:00.

I get into London at 8:30, do you think it’ll be busy?

molgrips
    Free Member

I normally avoid these things, but this time I am definitely watching it, cos it’s us 🙂

deluded
    Free Member

No, I’ll be working nights and no doubt dealing with the aftermath of what the booze and sun soaked masses have got up to – brilliant 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am mainly going to be dressed as The Karate Kid, drinking beer and eating curry at a friend’s fancy dress, 80s themed, 40th birthday bash 🙂

binners

I get into London at 8:30, do you think it’ll be busy?

Nope. All the squadies will have ‘cleaned the streets’ by then 😉

Normal club ride tonight. Should miss most of it by the time we get back from the pub 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Busy? nahhhh… like, yeah right.

London Bridge Station is in “open at random times only” mode so watch that.. Exit only at certain times of the day. Advice is use Vicky.

If the suns out it’ll be a cracking sunset/party vibe..

footflaps

rogerthecat – Member

Will be glued to the TV this evening.
    Hockey on Sunday – will wave to Footflaps – you got GB tickets?
    The down to Dorset to see the sailing.

Nope mid afternoon session, so China vs Korea & Argentina vs SA

IHN

No why would anyone watch the opening or closing event to any sports events?

I have no issue with the events be in World Cup or Olympics whatever but I dont get the ceremony bit or why anyone would watch tbh

Because they want to? FWIW, you go on the Olympic Misery list 😉

Advice is use Vicky

I wouldn’t use her, I’d call her the next day and evryfink…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve never understood the complete trollocks that is the Olympic opening ceremony. Its boring, dull, a waste of money and symbolises some b@llocks of ‘Art’ and sport.

However tonight I am going out on my bike and will hopefully get in about 9:30, and sit down in front of the box about 10pm, as it is an historic thing to see and be part of … I think

Sky + will also be an advantage

IHN

I’ve never understood the complete trollocks that is the Olympic opening ceremony. Its boring, dull, a waste of money and symbolises some b@llocks of ‘Art’ and sport.

However tonight I am going out on my bike and will hopefully get in about 9:30, and sit down in front of the box about 10pm, as it is an historic thing to see and be part of … I think

Oof, that was close, you nearly went on the list too…

binners

I suspect that if I watched it, I’d end up apoplectic about spaffing tens of millions of pounds of taxpayers money on some glorified sparklers! Probably just as well I’m going out on my bike

Am I going on the list now IHN? 😉

mafiafish
    Free Member

A night ride through swoopy forest singletrackFire road death march? Or watch some people in London waving flags? Its a no brainer really

FTFY.

Can’t really see a pootle around Ae being worth missing such a big show: maybe a ride at Kirroughtree but not the seemingly endless fire road climb that is Ae.

IHN

Binners, your name vill also go on zee list

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘So, who's going to be watching the opening ceremony tonight then?’ is closed to new replies.