So, who’s getting Eagle AXS then?

Viewing 31 posts - 161 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • So, who’s getting Eagle AXS then?
  • ta11pau1

They’re a genuine shop by the looks of it, based in Como, Italy.

Might need to add 20% vat and whatever other tax onto that price.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Showing as €1800 now, €1900 for XX1. If based in Italy VAT should already be added.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Weird, I searched from the home page and couldn’t see that.

Edit, ah, shows €1800 on the search results, but £1227 when you click into the description, odd…

Premier Icon timbog160
    Subscriber

Could be dodgy but quite tempted to have a punt, as should at least be protected with PayPal

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Yo Tom, how’s it going?

Any news?
    Drop us a line……

otsdr

Could be dodgy

True, but at least they did go to the trouble of renting and branding a warehouse (as of July 2018, mind): https://www.google.com/maps/@45.76085,9.0835724,3a,29.4y,189.21h,91.71t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssrKF-r7-PKnwG_95WAMdyQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Anyway, prices seem to have dropped slightly, €1677 for X01 on r2-bike.

Premier Icon timbog160
    Subscriber

It added 22% tax at the checkout – still a good price but going to hold off for the moment…

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Anyone know when they will be available as separates rather than the whole groupset?

ta11pau1

Officially, who knows. But some places are selling the ‘essential kit’ with rear mech, controller and battery/charger.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

All the rumours seem to point to July?August time.

Also, everything has arrived for mine now…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ezHUxw]Elastic trickery[/url] by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

out of interest, i seem to have set both the RD and reverb as ‘master’, meaning the app won’t let me assign them to the same bike, so i can’t play with the button assignments, anyone know how i can restart the whole process? manual says to follow in app instructions, but it isn’t obvious…

Premier Icon johnw1984
    Subscriber

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/search?currency=3&delivery_country=190&q=eagle+axs

Between £1500-£1600 on Bike-Discount. Just need about £1400 then I can get it 🙂

ta11pau1

It’s 1627 euros on r2-bike.com, under £1400 at todays exchange rate.

Premier Icon lightfighter762
    Subscriber

just topped up the axs price and ordered a deviate guide. Lame.

t800

tomhoward,

To prevent multiple master devices you need to pair all devices on your bike within a single pairing session. For example:

1. Begin the pairing session at the rear derailleur. Press and hold the AXS button until the green LED blinks slowly, then release.

2. Next Press and hold the AXS button reverb until the LED blinks quickly.

3. Next Press and hold the AXS button left controller until the LED blinks quickly.

4. Next Press and hold the AXS button right controller until the LED blinks quickly.

5. Then press and release the AXS button on the rear derailleur to end the pairing session, or wait 30 seconds for the pairing session to time out.

T-800

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Cheers T-800, will give that whirl this morning, thought I’d done that previously, but may have screwed it up in haste.

Will report back

DickBarton

Anyone got a discount code for r2-bikes please? Groupset and seatpost for 2k, still too much but it feels ‘close’ to what could be acceptable with some organ sales!

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

No discounts from me I’m afraid, but 10 points to T800!

I’ve had it for a few weeks and have decided it’s not for me so shall be selling my X01 AXS mech and Shifter/controller. Looking at around £1050 for the pair if anyone is keen.

Shifts amazingly well, but not jelled with the controller and the ergonomics of it.

ta11pau1

Bike-components.de have 10% off sram at the moment, haven’t tried the code to confirm it works but they have the full boost X01 groupset at 1511.60 euros, so 1360 euros which is £1194.

That’s if the code works, but it’s on the front page so don’t see why it won’t.

Oh and prices are up on r2-bike for the mech and ‘shifter’ – 750 and 200 euros, then another 70 euros for the battery and charger.

DickBarton

Boost is just for fat bikes, yes? So I’d have just DUB, not DUB BOOST for a 2015 T-130, yes?

ta11pau1

No, boost is just a 3mm wider chain line, which I think is all in the chainring on sram stuff. stick on a non boost chainring and you’re good. The boost chainring might even give a better chain line for you.

The 170mm model is more expensive than the 175mm one on Bike-components.de too so watch out for that.

Don’t forget the bottom bracket too.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

If you have a 148 rear hub, you need DUB Boost, normal DUB for 142.

Though I’d wait a little longer for the official release of the separates, if you already have a cassette/crank etc.

Premier Icon simonbowns
    Subscriber

UK pricing for the separates has been confirmed to us

Mech – £670
    Shifter – £200
    Upgrade kit (Mech, shifter, battery, charger – £975

Stock should be a week or so if folks are interested. @18bikes.co.uk">info@18bikes.co.uk

We have X01 170mm Boost groupsets on offer down to £1550 – a little overstocked given that the separates are now on the way, so we’re having a clearout.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

I thought stock was due mid July?

ta11pau1

You’d think that the battery and charger would come with the mech, seeing as it’s a paperweight without it…!

I presume that’s all X01 level pricing? Give it a month or 3, it might be down to £700 for the upgrade kit.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

XX1 and X01 upgrade kits are the same price.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Also, some folk will already have batteries and chargers, so not always necessary.

DickBarton

Might wait for the upgrade bits and chuck in a 12-speed cassette as well then…I really don’t need 12-speed as the dinner plate is purely due to cocking up the range at the front by going 1x – but I really like 1x and AXS is really appealing. Absolutely no real justification to wanting it other than it appeals…so I’ll probably wait a while longer (and hopefully the requirement will pass as it is a seriously eye-watering price (I know I keep mentioning this but I’m trying to stop myself wanting to buy it due to the cost!).

Premier Icon timbog160
    Subscriber

Bought the full kit in 175 flavour from bike components – my current cranks are 170, but as I’ve recently added 10mm to my fork travel I figure she’ll be right!

Also, I have decided I have to have that multi tool.

Oh and Tom your bike looks mint!

I can’t decide whether SRAM have pulled a fast one here – ie launch with a truly eye-watering price, and then reduce it fairly quickly in order to make you feel as if you’ve got a ‘bargain’.

Viewing 31 posts - 161 through 191 (of 191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.