So who's discovered LBC then?

Home Forum Chat Forum So who's discovered LBC then?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • So who's discovered LBC then?
  • Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

http://www.lbc.co.uk/

A long serving London station now national on DAB. I’m surprised that the politically driven working-from-home wood burning Daily Mail despising STW contingent has leaped upon the chance to be listening to LBC and its really rather interesting topical content.

😀

Disclaimer: I don’t work there.

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

I’m a long time subscriber to James O’Brian’s Mystery Hour podcasts and occasionally manage to listen online (no dab in this area) dependant on work and if i’m home, his show is broadcast 12pm to 1pm Thursdays and i’ve had a round of applause (you’ll have to listen to appreciate what i mean).

cynic-al

How might it sit with the non-London-centric provincial DM hater?

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Quite well cynic-al. The content is not London centric. The current topic is extremism and specifically radicalisation.

This morning Nick Ferrari was all about RBS and bonus. Its usually a topical day, with well educated phone in content.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Oooh. And later the morality of ongoing spousal divorce payments.

Its soooooo STW. 😀

Premier Icon BigJohn
    Subscriber

well educated phone in content.

I think I’ve discovered a new oxymoron.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Well, ok, most of the time. They don’t let nutcases or swearers on, just people able to make and appropriate point or that have appropriate subject matter knowledge to contribute to the conversation.

Its not a “James Whale Channel 4” gag fest.

mudpup

The James O’Brien show has been staple listening for me for years now. I reckon he’s one of the best radio presenters about. Sometimes funny, cutting and always able to provoke thought. Mystery Hour on a Thursday is essential listening.

Ferrari, on the other hand, is a complet nob. As is the Dale Winton wannabe thats on drivetime.

Duffer

Listening now. Thank you for the pointer.

I’ve never heard of LBC before – i’ve been an R4 listener for some time, though.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I always skipped straight past it as I assumed it was a godbothering channel.

Duffer

I’ve done a bit more listening since this thread was put up. It’s pretty interesting, but there doesn’t seem to be much journalistic neutrality. On the subject of Maria Miller for example, the female presenter just launched a pretty direct attack at Miller and demanded her immediate resignation…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘So who's discovered LBC then?’ is closed to new replies.