Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • So whoever it was…
  • anto164
    Free Member

.. who nicked half of the straps off my Thule bike rack at llandegla today, it’s really really poor form.

Get your own, they’re only a couple of quid!

Slightly annoying.. But at least they left enough for the one bike i had with me.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That place is getting worse and worse.

timc
    Free Member

poor form that, sadly not surprising

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trimix
    Free Member

That is really shite as they must have been nicked by someone who rides a bike FFS !

redthunder
    Free Member

I’ve had this happen as well 🙁

I take my tow ball rack of now and stick inside the car. Only a matter of time before that’s nicked.

dreednya

Does put you off from going there. Going for a bacon map after a ride always has me wondering if the bike is still going to be in the back of the van or not, it was even worse when it was locked on a bike rack on the roof of the car :(.

kaesae
    Free Member

I secure everything that I can, monkeys everywhere 😉

anto164
    Free Member

I lock the rack to the car, and the bike to the rack. Think i’m only going to take the amount I need for the day, and take them off and put them in the car when not in use.. Bit more of a faff, but just googled, and the straps are £5 each!!!

chojin
    Free Member

£5 each??!

It’d be cheaper to nick a pair :/

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thats rediculous. But its the way things have been going for a while. I always used to think mountain bikers were one and the same, but in recent years the popularity of it has risen and theres far too many bellends who ride bikes these days.

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

When mine were nicked, rang Thule and they sent me some free replacements with a suggestion that I give a few quid to the charity of my choice.

Was impressed with that attitude, have they now stopped doing that?

belugabob
    Free Member

If they don’t get nicked, they wear out or get lost.

Fasty straps from roofbox.co.uk
    A pack of ten should keep you going for ages.

project
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bikes-stolen-at-llandegla-saturday

Think it was a few years ago at the Firefighters race there , chap went o the bog, left his helmet andd gloves on expensive bike outside and came oiut and they had nicked his helmet and gloves left the bike.

The thing is people make a habit of shoplifting.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘So whoever it was…’ is closed to new replies.