Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • So who went out for a lunchtime ride today?
  • ormondroyd
    Free Member

Just been out for a few hours in the sunshine down in the Southern Chilterns. It’s utterly stupidly gorgeous out.

Decided to climb Streatley Hill. As I was grinding up on about 39/25 with my breakfast trying to come out of my ears, a BMXer rolled down. When I rolled back down, he was sprinting up. Turned out he was doing hill reps. Of Streatley. On a BMX. Respect.

scaled
    Free Member

So i’ve been off work all day and not got out at all.

Alas, I was off work as I didnt finish working till 6am having worked through and have felt like utter pish all day long 🙁

binners

Yip! It’d be bad form not too. Quick hour loop around the rather good trails around the office. Its actually really, really warm. looking forward to the extended off-road commute home 😀

sweepy
    Free Member

Rather than call out the scrappy to remove my old car I put the bike in the back, drove it in for a £100 I wasn’t expecting and rode the bike home off road, in the sunshine. Double win 😀

Bregante

Am off today so I’ve just had two and a bit hours on the road bike. Rode out to anderton boat lift and out round Tatton Park. Very nice it was too – for a road ride….

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Nope, but had a stroll along the country lanes. Very pleasant

scruff
    Free Member

Yep.

kristoff
    Free Member

Kind of. On lates this week so left at 10:30 for an hour long ride then got to work for normal start (12).

Lovely weather for it 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Aye

Got out for an hour

‘working from home’ today – like I am now!

Strava’d it too. So all the evidence needed for instant dismissal available on line. Too bloomin nice not to though!

IHN

Nope. Yesterday I got to walk to the Sainsbury’s on the retail park to buy some tissues for snot-streaming nose, does that count?

saxabar
    Free Member

Yup, made it out for a 2hr road ride around Pen-y-Pass (Llanberis). Stunning weather and nice and cool too.

Shred
    Free Member

Yep, road bike blast out during lunch time. Beautiful day out there and nice to feel the warmth of the sun again!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not today, but managed to finish early yesterday and got in a couple of hours chasing the sunset on the road bike. Great to be riding outdoors after a long winter of the turbo trainer. Went up Streatley Hill too, never seems to get any easier that one!

beefheart
    Free Member

I’ve been out all afternoon.

Actual Sunshine.

And no wind!

timbo678
    Free Member

Cheeky hour on the road bike, just beautiful out!! Love the dry roads…MTB’d yesterday – trails not quite so dry yet but amazing what a few days of sun will do!

chakaping
    Free Member

Went over to Rivington for a couple of hours’ riding/pushing with my singlespeed.

Very pleasant weather.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Oh yes!

Bit of a looong lunchbreak 😉

Will be working a bit this evening to make up.

Lovely, no Camelbak, no jacket, couple of bottles, hardtail, drying trails…
    …climbed like a demon.

Descended like a wuss 🙂

Cheers
    Paul

slackalice
    Free Member

What another stunning day! 8)

A 3 hour ride out from QECP, Chalton, Compton, Harting Down, Buriton and back into the park to join the last bit of the red route.

A 14 mile-ish ride that I haven’t done for a long long time and it’s an ace route. I must try to find a bike computer app type of thing to log it!

All very slippy and slidey, great fun. Bike now washed and sat here with cuppa and hot cross bun feeling the mud splatters as they dry out on my legs!

scandalous
    Free Member

24 singlespeed pretty much empty road miles this afternoon in the Peak, culminating in a firey red sunset.

Life is good

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup, 65km on the road sled

Russell96

Yes quick hour loop on the local cyclepaths.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Bunked off work early to make the most of ‘Summer’ which has turned up early this year.

A nice shortish local ride in glorious sunshine on mainly dry trails 🙂 gotta be better than working…

slowmart
    Free Member

A nice 36 miles on the road. Lovely in the sun, rather chill in the shade.

tinkertaylor1981
    Free Member

Great blast around Llandegla, despite time waiting for one of the boys to catch-up.

https://www.strava.com/rides/41510064

martinhurton
    Free Member

Was out riding all day, so yeah, was out over lunch 😀 Cracking day at Whinlatter. Ice on the ground in a lot of places but blue skies and bright sunshine once out of the forest. Great day, looking forward to riding it without the ice one day!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Went for a 12km run at lunch, zero degrees and blowing a gale in Göteborg, however there is no snow or ice on the ground there, unlike where I live, so it makes interval training a lot safer.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Aye.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Took the day off when I saw how great the weather was 🙂

5 hour road ride through Snowdonia – blue sky, hot sun, crystal clear lakes, and snow capped mountains. Absolutely stunning day!

Saxabar – Pen y Pass was part of my ride too – wasn’t it great up there! I saw a fair few roadies out today, so if a small lass wearing a pink jacket smiled / waved at you then that was me 🙂

zangolin
    Free Member

Half term for me this week so a few hours in sun at the FoD this afternoon.

emac65
    Free Member

Was out this morning for a couple of hours,all of yesterday afternoon & out tomorrow morning early doors again……
    I love working shifts when you get a full week off afterwards…… 😀

darrell
    Free Member

still bl00dy freezing here and ice everywhere. not rideable at all

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

71 road miles with the retired lads from the club. Coffee in the sunshine in Warwick. Happy days.

saxabar
    Free Member

Sue – a white helmet too? I was out around 12 – 2. If you saw a guy in a black jacket on a Cube that was me (smiling and waving).

Sue_W
    Free Member

Saxabar – yes 🙂 And I was up around Pen y Pass about that time (well, I know I was back down in the Siabod cafe by 2.30 …)

Not sure if I remember a Cube, but I did go past a very happy looking chap, so maybe that was you? (Although most people out on their bikes today had a ear-to-ear grin – it was like kids being let out of school to play in the sun!)

jezketley
    Free Member

It was gorgeous today. But, school holidays. I sacrificed my usual Tuesday lunchtime ride to Whiteleaf Hill and took my youngest to picnic at Penn Pond.

paul4stones

I’ve been out. Round Barcelona with the family. Navigated through the old bit to exactly the restaurant my wife had requested only to find it was shut and the owners on holiday. That always happens to us 😉

saxabar
    Free Member

Quite possibly Sue – first full length ride after a cold and what seems like an eternity of greyness leaves one smiling like a loon. I was also, ahem, without a helmet.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘So who went out for a lunchtime ride today?’ is closed to new replies.