Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • So who was responsible for the chemical attack in Syria Take a look
  • grantway
    Free Member

Take a look and be suprised

Lucky we didn’t go in and in to what !

highclimber
    Free Member

You haven’t linked to a credible source. Please try again

Jamie
    Free Member

Alex Jones, eh?

*wanders off*

duntstick
    Free Member

Says this guy 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-uuqcXLmM[/video]

toys19
    Free Member

indeed anything from infowars/prison planet should be taken with a pinch of salt in my opinion.

TooTall
    Free Member

If accurate, this story could completely derail the United States’ rush to attack Syria

Ooohh – they’ve stopped rushing to attack Syria. Perhaps it is all true and the OP is justified in his tinfoil hat!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Not saying it’s a credible source but this is the original piece they are referring to on Info Wars – it does say that even the reporter works for AP, this is not an AP story.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/witnesses-of-gas-attack-say-saudis-supplied-rebels-with-chemical-weapons/168135/

ninfan
    Free Member

Hahaha – hope the Lefties are all happy to find themselves on the same side of the argument as Sarah 😆

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/sarah-palin-let-allah-sort-it-out-96128.html?ml=po_r

BillMC

‘Dale’ becomes ‘Dave’ and is a she. I would strongly support anything suggested by such peerless journalism and so should you.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Alex Jones

I’m out.

kimbers

and ninfan is now with tony blair

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

infowars are not a credible source.

Nor of course are the rebels/al-qaeda fighters. And yet every announcement and allegation they make is regularly accepted as factually correct.

If the rebels/al-qaeda fighters claim that government forces have launched a nerve gas attack then the media will report it as precisely that.

Even though the only people who could possibly benefit from such a nerve gas attack in opposition controlled areas are the rebels/al-qaeda fighters themselves.

compositepro
    Free Member

shakes head

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Alex jones, Really?

The problem with this is that even if it is true nobody is going to believe him because he’s a self publicising, conspiracy theorist nut job. By putting his name to it he’s already devalued any credibility that the information may have had.

ninfan
    Free Member

and ninfan is now with tony blair

Always was – he is a Tory after all 😉

yunki
    Free Member

was it this guy..?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

So it was Assad then?

Northwind

Infowars 😆 Best spoof news site now that the Onion’s lost its edge.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Even though the only people who could possibly benefit from such a nerve gas attack in opposition controlled areas are the rebels/al-qaeda fighters themselves.

Not so; not by a long way. The US (and Saudis et al) benefit by ultimately gaining control of Syria, its resources, and the block of land between Iraq/Kuwait and the Med.. Think of the benefits of not having to negotiate the Persian Gulf…

They need their excuses to ‘intervene’.

chewkw
    Free Member

Three_Fish – Member

Not so; not by a long way. The US (and Saudis et al) benefit by ultimately gaining control of Syria, its resources, and the block of land between Iraq/Kuwait and the Med.. Think of the benefits of not having to negotiate the Persian Gulf…

Yes, you are right. In fact most military strategist will be able to see that coming … a bit like the pincer movement or to divide and to conquer. 🙄

nealglover
    Free Member

Take a look and be suprised

Nothing that Alex Jones spouts would surprise me 🙄

If you really need to prove to strangers on the Internet how easily led you are

Posting Alex Jones links is the best way to go about it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ooooh, oooh, are we doing maps?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t know how reliable the International Business Times is, apparently it’s “the fourth-most visited site among business newspapers” but they are extensively carrying the story, although from the same source, which presumably they feel is reasonably reliable :

Syria: Rebel Groups, Not Assad, Behind Chemical Attacks Says Pat Buchanan

Obviously Pat Buchanan isn’t someone I would instinctively trust, although TBF he’s merely expressing an opinion rather than claiming to be providing facts.

I reckon probably the most sensible approach is to take everything everyone says with a pinch of salt, after all they say that ‘the truth’ is always the first casualty of war, and instead look at likely motives, if you’re interested in likely probabilities.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I would dispute that, Obama/the US has made it clear that they have no wish to be embroiled in another war in the Middle East. Sitting back and watching the Syrian regime/Al-Qaeda/Hezbollah kill each other appears to be the preferred strategy. Syria has no significant amount of oil and a weak war-ravaged Syria would weaken Iran and strengthen Israel.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

BTW chewkw, did you colour in that map yourself ? ……….what a load of bollox 🙂

Previously, both Afghanistan and Iraq were very anti-Iranian. Now, as a result of US intervention in the region, both Afghanistan and Iraq have much more pro-Iranian governments. Another triumph for US foreign policy.

kimbers

turns out the UK may have sold Assad the ingredients to make his Sarin

theres no conspiracies; just greed and stupidity

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-let-british-company-export-nerve-gas-chemicals-to-syria-8793642.html

sv

Ireland is the 51st state?!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

My instincts say it wasn’t Assad, but Alex Jones for conclusive evidence? are you **** joking OP?!

flanagaj
    Free Member

Ooooh, oooh, are we doing maps?

Very funny!

Nipper99
    Free Member

You have assumed that Afganistan was a hejeminous whole – there have always been close links with the Hazara and Iran.

konabunny
    Free Member

Kaesae! You’re back!

5thElefant
    Free Member

turns out the UK may have sold Assad the ingredients to make his Sarin

theres no conspiracies; just greed and stupidity

No, just stupidity. That journalist clearly didn’t do o-level chemistry. He may as well have claimed we sold them mixing bowls too.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

BTW chewkw, did you colour in that map yourself ? ……….what a load of bollox

No, I did not but this geezer did … Prof of History …

I can agree that it’s a pretty poor attempt at map colouring.

😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Kaesae! You’re back!

And look, Kaesae now appears to be writing for the Daily Telegraph …. more conspiracy theories :

Saudi Arabia has secretly offered Russia a sweeping deal to control the global oil market and safeguard Russia’s gas contracts

As-Safir said Prince Bandar pledged to safeguard Russia’s naval base in Syria if the Assad regime is toppled, but he also hinted at Chechen terrorist attacks on Russia’s Winter Olympics in Sochi if there is no accord. “I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,” he allegedly said.

Prince Bandar went on to say that Chechens operating in Syria were a pressure tool that could be switched on and off. “These groups do not scare us. We use them in the face of the Syrian regime but they will have no role in Syria’s political future.”

I particularly like this bit :

“Chechens operating in Syria were a pressure tool that could be switched on and off”

grantway
    Free Member

Very interesting thoughts and responses

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Wow that infowars site is impressive; its now on my favourites list above AboveTopSecret.com but below davidicke.com 😉

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Funny thing is, if 2 years ago you had said Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris were kiddy fiddlers, people would’ve scorned you… David Icke has been saying about Jimmy Savile for years. The recent alleged new evidence regarding Diana would suggest he is closer to the truth than much of the mainstream media, although I’m still a touch apprehensive about the whole lizard thing.

However, in the bigger picture, when we have repeated history of Governments lying about the reasons for going to war, not to mention the recent and ongoing spying scandal and the Governments misuse of terror laws to apprehend data from David Miranda which is likely to have been in the public interest gives a fairly conclusive picture of who the real criminals are…

Edward Snowden: Why are the spooks so spooked?

and back on topic:

Funny that the UN seems to think its the Rebels who are to blame, especially in light of the alleged hacked emails from Britam Defence (google it):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-22456106

Torminalis
    Free Member

So, if it wasn’t Assad, does this mean it was the turn of the French to sex up the dossier this time around? Is there a rota?

piemonster

Funny thing is, if 2 years ago you had said Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris were kiddy fiddlers, people would’ve scorned you…

For Jimmy, really. Rumours where abound about that fella for a loooong time.

I’ll accept Rolf though. I haven’t heard any news, but I’m guessing that’s an ongoing thing not fully decided?

konabunny
    Free Member

“David Icke has been saying about Jimmy Savile for years. “

Just as a point of order, Icke said Savile was a Satanist, didn’t he?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘So who was responsible for the chemical attack in Syria Take a look’ is closed to new replies.