Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • So who took advantage of this beautiful Sunday?
  • nammynake
    Free Member

I was a bit gutted that I didn’t get out yesterday (Saturday). There were some nice sunny intervals, but the usual weekend errands took over and some last-minute Christmas shopping saw me stuck in traffic 🙁

Anyway, woke up this morning to blue skies and bright sunshine. Temperatures had got down to -1 overnight so there was a nice covering of frost. Managed to get a 12 mile figure-of-8 ride along local bridleways (near Pudsey, Leeds) and I’d forgotten the wonderful feeling of riding on frozen mud and firm trails (some of the muddiest sections were still soft though). Obligatory pic:

Dickyboy

Yep, nice cold & muddy Chilterns ride around Wendover today bumped into a crowd of 20 or so from Lacey Green dressed as santas & seemed like more than the usual numbers out today despite the cold & muddy conditions 🙂

kennyp
    Free Member

Was up in the Pentlands in glorious winter sun.

IMG_6991 by Kenneth Pollock, on Flickr

1kcove
    Free Member

[/url]
    Untitled by chrisgiant, on Flickr[/img]

Perfect frosty day (frozen mud) loved it! then finished of with a bacon & egg roll then washed it down with a latte whilst basking in the Sun.

dreednya

I’m out later on up at Nant-yr-arian taking advantage of a beautiful Sunday evening/night

Alex

Posted on another thread but views today from Malvern hills were amazing. As was the mid ride cake. Nice to see the hills in the light after 10 weeks of night riding.

aP
    Free Member

6 hours stood in the middle of the track at Herne Hill today. Just starting to warm up now.

chubby_monk
    Free Member

View from the Mendips was great today. No bike though – just the wife and the dog

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I had a morning clay pigeon shooting, seemed a shame to waste a good riding day, but a free session of clay shooting was too good to miss, now sat here googling shotguns, you know some of them cost as much as a car!! I can’t understand it……..

chr15
    Free Member

Yup, great conditions… chose the right day to be wrecked with a hangover (yesterday)!

Edit: Mobile img link fail

rOcKeTdOg

the NW Alps were lovely today, dusting of snow on the top and sunshine/snow showers

snow skids rule! by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

oldgit
    Free Member

A bit hairy on the tarmac until the sun came up. Still bloody hairy though so we stopped for a fry up and called it a day. No such weakness any other day of the year, what with it being the last club ride before Christmas.

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – did a wee loop in the Pentlands this afternoon.
    [img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/405577_10150440616168507_535078506_8774390_1027406570_n.jpg[/img]

nc21

Headed across to Mabie with the dogs this morning. Spectacular views over the Solway and a reasonably clean bike ( and dogs!)due to the frost saved a bit of cleaning time this afternoon- have just about had enough of the mud recently.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Did 25 miles on the CX bike today, couple of hours MTB yesterday. Frozen mud and ruts made it pretty tricky to stay upright at times. Better than sloppy, deep mud though 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

I worked 6:30-4 so I’m just about to go out on my bike now. It doesn’t feel as cold as yesterday which is nice 🙂

bigjim

Was lovely at glentress today! Pretty sketchy on the icy bits but lots of fun still.

trail_rat
    Free Member

10k run in the woods round the house resulting in having to loup through the neighbours garden back onto the road to save doing another 6k to follow the track .

Lovely still winters day !

Northwind

Work christmas night out on friday + snow ride at glentress with lungs full of slime = sunday spent on STW arguing about religion :mrgreen: But the other 2 days were good enough that I don’t mind wasting a sunday.

jamiec360
    Free Member

Quick but cold and muddy pootle on the downs this morning, getting the bike cleaned and lubed just now for Christmas week in the lakes 😀

racefaceec90

no 🙁 i’m meant to be riding with some singletrack forum members on 30th).i haven’t ridden my bike for weeks 🙁

brooess
    Free Member

Muddy down in Surrey Hills and not as sunny as hoped. I hate riding in mud and the bike’s a mess. But it will still a bike ride on a winter’s day so all good 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Beautiful but cold around Bristol this morning. Very muddy in places so the new discs were useful…

Jeffus
    Free Member

Spent the day calling on wifes family for Xmas, missed the day, grinding my teeth as the sunset on our way back 🙁

Northwind

Ah druidh, wish I’d known it was like that over the hill 🙂 Just looks brown and boring from here.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

snowing heavily in the alps, so light was really flat. had a good day yesterday in the powder though. was nursing a sore neck from falling into a wee gully yesterday, so only went out for an hour or so today. tomorrow is looking better weather wise, so will probably work in the evening to make the most of the day.

twotonpredator

a late afternoon blast round delamere to give the new lyriks a go. in true delamere fashion it was muddy and slushy as hell. but all in a great ride.

i am now shattered and feel just like the person who drank far too much last night and slept on his mates floor, has ate hardly anything except a bit of soreen that I found in the cake tin that has been there for at least 6 weeks by my calculations. it was still squishy but tasted a bit odd!

ask1974
    Free Member

Wasn’t it great 😀

Had a shortish blast around Gibbet Hill and the Devils Punch Bowl. Cold but worth it. Photo attached taken at 0840 but feel somewhat belittled by BigJim, ahhhh his photos are beautiful.

derekrides
    Free Member

Was a bit parky, slippy slidey and overcast, four of us out with the dog, couple of guys getting back into it after a layoff, good ride and a laugh as always..

Bunnyhop

Blue skies, snowy, icy trails, a few omg moments on our annual Christmas pootle around the Roman Lakes up towards Hayfield, back around Rowarth, then back to the cafe for hot chocolate.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I get out every morning about 6.30-7.30am..

This morning I hadn’t appreciated how icy it was, or indeed how good my tyres actually are.. was very impressed with how the WTB Stout and Prowler gripped on ice… only when it was solid did I almost come a cropper!

hugor
    Free Member

Had a magnificent pootle around Afan today. Small amount of snow about but a perfect day. Didn’t see another person on the trails.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjAfqdvZebw&context=C3903b58ADOEgsToPDskKjbkZdEHswXP6woJcMXkIh[/video]

snakebite
    Free Member

Yup, Dalbeattie Thursday, Innerleithen Friday, Glentress Saturday and Sunday!

devs
    Free Member

55km around a very snowy Moray from the coast to a forest inland. Saw the tracks of another biker but there were lots of XC skier tracks. Startled a big red deer and in its confusion it ran right along side me for 30yds or so before jumping away to the right. I was on sheet ice so couldn’t brake and was very concerned about getting a kick as it was thrashing its back end around.

doug_basqueMTB.com

No pics but enjoying the change in climate being back in Scotland. Loch an Eilen on Friday, Contin yesterday and Golspie today, starting frosty and icy on Friday and developing to full blown snow drifts today. Happy days!

Edric64
    Free Member

Salisbury Plain was nice today for the SPAM winter challenge.Anyone else on here do it?

freeagent
    Free Member

some of the best riding i’ve done for a while round Swinley today.. very muddy on the good bits though ;o)

doglover
    Free Member

yep Edric 64, nice day for it, shame woods at the end were cut out but good ride anyway.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ace morning ride around Haldon. Plenty ice & mud but no snow.

Edric64
    Free Member

It was a shame the woods section was missing.I was telling the girl I rode with on her first event that we had a nice bit of single track to finish and they cut it out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘So who took advantage of this beautiful Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.