Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 256 total)
  • So who is watching Eurovision 2022?
  • welshfarmer

Can’t believe I almost missed the semi this evening. Thank heavens for iPlayer. What do we reckon then? I kind of think the Ukraine entry can legitimately win on merit, which is good. Loved Moldova’s energy and the quirkiness of Norway’s entry could see them go a long way. Plenty of dross and/ or nervy performances mind. Not sure how some of them got through.

BTW I don’t care if I am the only one watching Eurovision. Tell me I am not alone though.

dyna-ti

I’ve only seen a snippet of the entries on the news, but if Ukraine win, its a fix. Not the best.

The UK entry certainly looked very good. Some of the others were really weird,

Northwind

My brother and his partner are out in Turin for it, they’re neck deep in all the ESC Fan TV cult, it’s all pretty crazy and pretty cool.

reluctantjumper

Surprised we’re still participating, partly because I thought they’d not let us and partly down to all the gammons not liking us spending money on an EU thing!

Might watch some of it just for the comedy commentary, is it still Graham Norton doing it?

Beagleboy

Love it! We get dressed up and have an Eurovision party every year. I reckon Ukraine will likely win, but it’s all just a laugh, (maybe not for the poor contestants I suppose). Was it last year that post Brexit UK got nil points? That was hilarious.

leffeboy

Thought Albania and Latvia should have easily got through so was shocked to see Switzerland and Netherlands get through instead as they were fairly dross.  Happy to see Moldova make it as that was a proper eurosong.  Ukraine was ok and up there in an Ivan Kupala sort of way and it wouldn’t be dreadful if they won but they are far from the best

Good fun and great to have so many songs not in English

leffeboy

Edit:deleted – ghost of the double post is back I see

lister

It’s going to be the first one I’ve missed in years…got a wedding to go to 😢
    I have no idea why I like it but it’s been essential viewing since the 90s for me.

tthew

I’ll be watching at the weekend for sure, I don’t think I summon the energy for the semi’s too!

See you back here on Saturday yeah?

leffeboy

I don’t think I summon the energy for the semi’s too!

Then you missed both Latvia and Albania who were excellent.    It went by quite quickly as well, the actual finals feel much longer for some reason

a11y

Essential viewing here – we’ll be watching it back on Sunday rather than live though because the mini-a11ys are really into it! Their school have been showing them some of the acts already.

Personal favourite:

monkeyboyjc

Probably – I put £20 on Ukraine to win back in February.

sharkbait
    Free Member

all the gammons not liking us spending money on an EU thing!

It’s a Europe thing not EU…. And we’re still part of Europe.

The Ukrainian win is absolutely nailed on for obvious reasons, but I do like our entry…. Best in many years

binners

Probably – I put £20 on Ukraine to win back in February.

So did I. Though I only stuck a fiver on. Should have done 20. Should have done 50 really. It’s free money, after all. What odds did you get? I got 13/1. I’ll donate my now inevitable winnings to the DEC Ukraine Appeal.

Thought Albania and Latvia should have easily got through so was shocked to see Switzerland and Netherlands get through instead as they were fairly dross.

You’re making the mistake of thinking its marked on musical merit rather then geopolitics

Me and my cousin have a running thing we’ve done for about 20 years where we stick a bet on the winner based purely on geopolitics, before we’ve heard any of the songs. Its normally pretty easy to predict

This year, not only will Ukraine win, but then the next places will be a sliding scale depending on how many surface-to-air missiles you’ve sent to Kyiv. Finland and Sweden should be up there as they’re doing the whole NATO thing so that’ll be two fingers to Putin too

Vlad will definitely be watching it. I’ve never seen a man so firmly stuck in the closet. He’ll be wishing he was watching it in a bar on Canal Street, then hating himself for his suppressed homosexuality and probably launch some more cruise missiles just out of spite

Despite being a fully paid up 6 music-listening music snob I bloody love Eurovision! Myself and Mrs Binners will be decamping to @Harry_the_Spider towers for a Eurovision evening 😀

jonnyfelloff
    Free Member

I watch it every year, it so bad its good. I saw on TV this morning our entry is 3rd favourite with the bookies, with Ukraine first natch.
    I’m not sure though thats more embarrisng though, winning it or finishing last with nil points. I think I’d take last place over 1st.

IHN

Love it, have been to the semi’s twice, Dusseldorf and Malmo 🙂

Didn’t see last night’s semi’s, probably won’t see Thursday’s (and, TBH, bythe time I’ve watched two sets of semi’s I’m a bit Eurovisioned out) and probably won’t see the final on Saturday as we’re at some friends who aren’t really Eurovision people 🙁

We used to play the Eurovision drinking game, where you drawer a couple of countries out of the hat, and when the scoring starts you take a drink each time your country gets 1-9 points, and two drinks if they get 10-12. One year someone got Ireland and Greece, who ended up first and second… Oof, messy.

Cougar

I’ll be watching at the weekend for sure, I don’t think I summon the energy for the semi’s too!

See you back here on Saturday yeah?

Much the same for me.

I like it, it’s harmless fun, and it’s worth the price of entry for Wogan’s / Norton’s pisstaking. If GN ever steps down they should get Dave Lamb to do it.

chrismac

It’s a race for second place. Ukraine will win by a country mile. I just hope the rest of the acts are suitably silly to liven it up given that they cant win

timbog160

They should have left Russia in for the entertainment value of them getting ‘nil points’…

pondo

Looking forward to it. 🙂

leffeboy

let the fromage begin

longdog
    Free Member

Nice start to the show 😍

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

My favourite thread of the year! Well apart from ones about what Jeans to buy. Let’s go!

Cougar

And we’re away.

Rich_s

Whoop whoop!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

The wet look. Nay bad!

Cougar

Strong start from CZ. I was distracted by someone throwing beer across my floor.

Fat-boy-fat

Subwoolfer for the win baby.

Rich_s

Plastic trousers? What?

Cougar

Did we have a run on glitter?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ladies and gentlemen please place your heterosexuality in the overhead lockers and get ready for takeoff

leffeboy

crowd are really up for it aren’t they

Sanny
    Free Member

Romania – Poundland Prince!

Love how the outfits were shared between the dancers. Tough times on the budgeting front, I guess?

drlex
    Free Member

Did the Romanian entrant win a boxing title with that belt?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That was incredible!

leffeboy

can’t see this winning but I loved the vibe of everyone looking at each other

tthew

Portugal’s staging is like a harmonic AA meeting.

Cougar

Portugal.

To borrow a previous comment, Poundland Clannad.

Sanny
    Free Member

Anyone getting an Everything but the girl feel with Portugal?

Cougar

The Rasmus?!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 256 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.