Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • So, who here has never had a sexual health screening?
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

…and I don’t mean that time you watched Basic Instinct when you were 12 and discovered that your spam javelin definitely worked.

We were discussing this at work earlier as a load of NHS types were hot-desking in our office. Turns out that a good 80% or so of my colleagues never had. Is this representative at all or do I just work with a bunch of maverick wildcards who play by their own rules?

Better not get banned for this, probably will.

druidh
    Free Member

Me

project
    Free Member

if they only have sex with themselves, or over a computer screen there really is no need as computer viruses cant infect humans.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Old age doesn’t count.

druidh
    Free Member

Dammit!

Trekster

I’ll go first… 😳
    Nope
    Have a look at pick tv ch 11 now ❗

Houns

Not me, regularly checked at least once a year.

People shouldn’t be afraid/ashamed/embarrassed about it. It doesn’t hurt, it’s not awkward and if you get a good nurse it can be a laugh

Edit

The nurses at the clinic picked up a prostate infection I had (not an sti) that Drs missed

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Never gave it a thought TBH.

tazzymtb

yep when I was a bad dirty boy I used to go on a regular basis. HIV scare kinda makes you very sensible about such things

somafunk

Never for me

yunki
    Free Member

I used to get them fairly regularly before I settled down..

I remember my first very clearly.. after filling in the questionnaire about any risks that I may have exposed myself to, I was handed my results by an exasperated nurse with these kind words..

‘somehow, and I have no idea how, but somehow you have a clean bill of health’

😳

ir_bandito
    Free Member

was a wee bit naughty in my youth, so had a quick check when i sobered up….

sangobegger
    Free Member

No point , I shagged only the ugliest women I could find – totally safe sex for me.

samuri
    Free Member

Nope. I’m just a maverick wildcard who plays by my own rules.

Never considered it when I was playing around, been married for a long time now.

Although the more time I spend here the more I realise the huge differences between the way different people assess risk.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

No, Can’t say I have. Maybe I should.

chewkw
    Free Member

No, no hope in pulling …

hmanchester
    Free Member

I went out with a girl who wanted me to have one. It was post uni and even though I had no symptoms I went along with it as it wasn’t the worst idea ever.

I got the results by text and was a bit disappointed when I changed phones as a “100% disease free” message from the NHS could raise a chuckle at the right moment.

Slogo
    Free Member

I’ve been twice, after coming back from travelling. Pissing needles for a month in Thailand after the four months on the Gold Coast in Australia.

Then after 4 weeks in Plymouth working.

Now try and go every year.

Gary_C

load of NHS types were hot-desking in our office

WTF does this mean ??

spacemonkey

Yes, about 10 years ago. Not as glum an experience as I expected actually. Worst bit was having to ‘summon’ my missus for an appointment so she could get checked out. To say I was in the dog house for a couple of weeks is an understatement.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Gary_C – Member

load of NHS types were hot-desking in our office

WTF does this mean ??

Sharing desks…it’s corpo-speak for insufficient office furniture.

Cougar

Kinky.

Kevevs
    Free Member

my cock, my balls, my asshole and everything inbetween is as pure as the driven snow. That’s kind of boring right? I’ve not had a check though.

CountZero

I have, when asked to be an IVF donor for a friend. Came back clear, which was no surprise to me. Only went out with good girls, see.
    Well, at least one said, “mummy told me to always be good; was I?”
    Boom, tish!

fourbanger
    Free Member

That swob thing they poke up your cockerel, they don’t actually have to do that. Other countries just take blood and urine. I think it’s cos were Brits.

flipiddy
    Free Member

I went with my gf a couple of years ago. My little fella clearly knew what was happening as he was shrivelled up like it was -20. Cue me having to stretch him out to a more regular size in front of the nurse so I could open up for the swab. She then proceeded to to jab me with it in a ‘shut up and deal with it’ kind of way, clearly getting the angle wrong and causing sharp discomfort. Hurt to pee for a couple of days.

Got the all clear. Worth it for peace of mind.

aP
    Free Member

The last time I had any kind of check up for anything from the doctors was in 1994 when I had induced arthritis for a couple of months. I assume that I’ve been forgotten about.

TheFopster
    Free Member

I thought this was about a Marvin Gaye song.

yunki
    Free Member

Now try and go every year.

to Plymouth..!? 😯

Rather you than me mate

yunki
    Free Member

Although the more time I spend here the more I realise the huge differences between the way different people assess risk.

that’s the spirit..!!

🙄

I don’t think your brave and macho attitude is appropriate in this case is it..?

jota180
    Free Member

I’ve been twice, after coming back from travelling. Pissing needles for a month in Thailand after the four months on the Gold Coast in Australia.

Rent boy?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘So, who here has never had a sexual health screening?’ is closed to new replies.