Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • so, who has had a good one?
  • ton

I have, just me, the wife and daughter, and mum and dad in law.
    proper chilled relaxed day, sat talking and watching the odd bit of telly
    dinner was great, leffe royal was greater, pressies were good too.
    lovely day allround….. 8)

timidwheeler

Me.
    I love Christmas.

wors

Nice and relaxed here too. Merry xmas matey.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have spoken to 3 people in the last 3 days.

It’s. Been. Awesome.

To be honest, I’m just happy that Ton is happy.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It’s been great Ton, all the best buddy!

edit: bloody autocorrect

bearnecessities

Long, bizarre, kind spirited & ace day. Totally shattered. Night all 😀

ton

im happy you lot are happy……..specially you Jamie… 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Me 🙂
    chilled Xmas Eve eating party food, drinking and chilling with MsD.
    Smoked salmon blinis and bucks fizz for breakfast then presents before a slap up Indian with friends before chilling again with wine and chocolates – and the odd beer 😉

Hopefully get a chance to try out my new road shoes and pedals tomorrow as well before an in laws visit.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Had a great one. Dealt with family over the phone, then bike ride while the chicken cooked. Got back and finished veg. Fantastic roast. Then lego and a cigar. Sister phoned back later in the day to tell me i’m going to be an uncle 😀

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Although waking up with a trapped nerve in me back/neck had a bloody good day did the “dont buy eachother prezziez” with the wife this year and put all the money in a pot for the sales to buy what we want.

Saw the mother and the inlaws and had a very fancy dinner at our friends house and plenty of bucks fizz and single malts!!!! Weyhey!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m coping

Nobby

Yes, yes I have. 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

very different all offspring away with t’other halfs or travelling so today first time for almost 30 years just two of us, very relaxed calm and peaceful after a hectic Christmas eve with multitude of visitors.

happy xmas to you all 😀

postierich
    Free Member

Was not looing forward to this Christmas but after a good outcome after my Op its been one of the best! First ride on the bike tomorrow weather permitting life good 🙂
    Merry Christmas Ton

stevestunts
    Free Member

Belting day, thanks!

Vaguely embarrassed to admit that, at the age of 36, my mam and dad bought me a bike for Xmas (that’s the embarrassing bit), and I jumped up and down on the spot just like I did 30 odd years ago (not embarrassed about that at all) 🙂

dabble
    Free Member

Aye, it was grand, ta.

jools182
    Free Member

Not particularly

Christmas Eve alone

Dinner at cousins started off well but had to leave after an hour as was getting sweats and feeling sick

Rest of evening feeling shivery

Presents have been particularly bobbins this year. Nuts and dried fruit 😐

I’m considering not buying anyone anything next year

Ho Ho Ho 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Not embarrassing at all Steve! Enjoy it mate. Had a good one all things considered kids happy, granny happy and I got some new bike socks! Oh and the pork turned out beautifully too.

piemonster

It’s been great, lots of family. Some good time chatting with my folks. Not obscene amounts of food or drink, which thanks to a stupid early start tomorrow is done with and I can get back to normal sensible consumption a day early.

Some proper quality presents, some junk too. But that’s all edible or drinkable, and can be off loaded to anyone that wants free booze or chocs. But the bikepacking kit more than made up for it.

First Christmas with a reasonably secure work outlook on the cards for 4 years. I’m off out soon to pick up some 4 season mountain boots thanks to the future outlaws. 3 winter mountain trips booked in the highlands, one 20 mile, and one 40 mile run trips with friends sorted.

That’s additional to an entry into the LAMM, only an easy category admittedly. Plus I’m part way through training for an run/bike/run attempt at the Scottish 4000ers. The aforementioned job security looks good to enable a high Munro General hill frenzy this year with bikepacking thrown in. And I start Pilates classes next week to strengthen my feeble and flabby upper body.

Friends and family all seem in good health, so fingers crossed. A good Christmas to be followed by a good year.

ask1974
    Free Member

Yep, lovely thanks. Wife, kids, parents, sisters, one brother in-law (the other is ill) and two nephews. Mum out did herself with a truly awesome lunch and presents were great. Even allowed to fall asleep in the afternoon for an hour or so 😀

Nice to see others having a lovely day too. Now, Boxing Day….

theotherjonv

Challenging at times, I’ll be honest. At my mum and dad’s, with my sister who’s 8 months preggers and not going well with it, and my MiL who is lovely but can rub people up the wrong way, especially when you’re 8 months pregnant 🙄

And my BiL too, and his dog, who’s lovely but big and we’ve got a pup, and a game of indoor chase over the top of the littluns presents wasn’t going to end well, and then MiL’s ‘well they shouldn’t be left on the floor’ was always going to be well received too. I’m just surprised I don’t get a UN blue peacekeeper’s hat in my stocking.

Plus side – the oven overflowed, so the beef was relegated mid cook to be finished outside on the BBQ which clearly needed careful monitoring by me, so I went and stood outside in the drizzle for an hour or so with my dad and it came out bloody fantastic. There was a time we wondered if he’d make it to Christmas, but he has and he has his last chemo tomorrow, so all told that’ll do for me.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Although I felt like pants as I am suffering with gastric flu, the kids enjoyed it which is the main thing.At least I won’t have to worry about dieting after the festivities so every cloud and all that. Just about to leave for Austria so I think this journey will be interesting! 😐

Drac

Had a great day with the kids, Mrs, Mother in Law and Sister in Law.

Drank well, ate well, got some lovely gifts and had time for my kids as nothing else planned.

Sandwich

A fab day with the close family (daughter, SIL and son) and the dog. Food presents and a 90 mile drive to cook it. On to Bristol later today.

Houns

Nope, worked yesterday. Came home to parents moaning, microwaved dinner and pulling my cracker on my own as everyone else was looking for a card that wasn’t there.

Text off someone I really like(d) last night who didn’t feel the same that kicked off a few emotions that I’d got over.

Had a rubbish nights sleep as woke every hour with nausea, got in to work at 6am with a 10hour shift ahead of me but just came home as vomiting and diarrhoea has kicked in

Overall? No, not the best, but I ‘spose it could’ve been a lot worse

Alex

Not a big Christmas fan, but this was a good one. Just us and the kids, some great and surprising presents the best being lego 🙂 Very chilled, even broke out the port last night but clear headed this morning and will be out for a ride.

I’ve come to the rather shocking conclusion – for us – Xmas is best spent without the rest of the family 😉

takisawa2

Had to cajole little un into coming out of his room at 8am. He was convinced Santa hadn’t been.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Had a good one but ready to put my feet up now!

Busy day on Christmas eve preparing stuff but acknowledged the fact it was my birthday by nipping out for a few drinks with my two adult children and one of their friends. Bed at 3am then up at 8 with the two younger children and to start the cooking.

Brilliant day of nerf wars and christmas tunes and general happy chaos. Only downside is the two smallest are now off to their dads and the big two are back at work tomorrow

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No power for most of C Eve and Day which made for a different day – Christmas by headlamp and candles. Thank goodness for an AGA as next door resorted to BBQ the turkey!!!! Amazing flooding near us.

Hats off the guys working to restore power. We shared mulled wine and biscuits with them on our early dog walk.

Great/sad day – different, great food. Changed the wine to little of several different ones instead of pigging out on one or two after Coren/Armstrong programme.

No bike pressies but a few swim ones – need to get back pounding some lengths. Return to triathlon in 2014??????

patriotpro
    Free Member

Having a brill one with family yesterday and today, then with mates from tomorrow until N Y’s Eve.

We’re only half-way through btw. 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Lovely few days. Christmas Eve on the hills with the family, log fires and festivities in the evening. Christmas Day 1 at home before heading off to the outlaws for a huge family dinner with both sets of olds and then prezzies in Christmas Day 2, now getting ready for SiL to arrive with her kids for Christmas Day 3.

New Year will be seen in on the top of Mam Tor as usual.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Lovely few days. Christmas Eve on the hills with the family, log fires and festivities in the evening. Christmas Day 1 at home before heading off to the outlaws for a huge family dinner with both sets of olds and then prezzies in Christmas Day 2, now getting ready for SiL to arrive with her kids for Christmas Day 3.

New Year will be seen in on the top of Mam Tor as usual.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Its been lovely. Had family round and my xmas lunch followed by a great chat with lots of wine and cheese until about 11:30 – no TV 🙂
    Tidied up this morning and just put the turkey carcass on for stock/soup.
    Sunny and cold outside so will be having a walk when the kids wake up.

clunker

Relaxing one yesterday with my parents, my wife and three children. Today is the big tidy up and playing with the toys oh and a blast over the Chase to burn some of the massive amounts of food and ale off

racefaceec90

i will be today (going to my friend’s at midday for crimbo 😀

merry crimbo everyone 🙂

turbo1397
    Free Member

Twas good. nice and relaxed morning watching several dvd’s that i received then off to the family’s for dinner. Excellent food as always but unfortunately i was driving as taxi prices are ridiculous.Looking forward to going out a ride in about 1/2hr.. 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, was a good one thank you. First time all my boys have been home together for a little while = happy Mama 😀

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Not too shabby… chillin with my fam n dawg 8)

tang
    Free Member

I am ready for a ride!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup not bad, not bad at all 😀

I am ready for a ride now though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘so, who has had a good one?’ is closed to new replies.