Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • So who else is still stuck in the office, all alone?
  • oldnpastit

Got a conference call with the US in about 45 minutes time, then finally I can go home.

Right now I’m sat here, wondering what it’s all about.

Not helped by the fact I’m trying to reproduce a bug in our Spotify app, so I’m working my way through all the Christmas songs I can find.

Currently on Coldplay. Any better suggestions?

pypdjl
    Free Member

Bleak!

Pigface
    Free Member

Got 10 minutes left then on call until 09.00 tomorrow morning

woody2000

Any better suggestions?

I bloody hope so!

Get some Xmas tunes on 🙂

Drac

Currently on Coldplay. Any better suggestions?

Pass a kidney stone?

sandwicheater

Yep, sat here on my tod.

Actually that’s not true, dog is with me.

Just watching the clock.

In two minds if I’ll open up the office tomorrow.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Me – in-laws have arrived, so camped out in my home office watching Amazon box sets

gobuchul
    Free Member

I got a call at 10am, told to catch a flight at 10pm tonight.

Mrs not happy.

I got a call at 11am, told not to catch a flight at 10pm tonight.

Mrs happy.

pondo

In tomorrow at nine, ostensibly until half five, hopefully a bit earlier but we’ll see what go on. 🙂

myopic
    Free Member

Me, and to make things worse, my pic just died 🙁

mrsfry
    Free Member

Did you help it on it’s way to get out early 😉

sofabear
    Free Member

Aye, still in the office and will be for a wee while yet (I reckon another couple of hours). Then back in tomorrow for a re-run. Happy days.

Not on my own though, there are a few irritating eejits here to keep me company. Not sure they’re any better than Coldplay.

🙁

oldnpastit

Conference call finished, a key part of the internet has broken down, so this means I can now go home!

Happy Christmas everyone!

piemonster

Coldplay, I’d rather commit seppuku

Sandwich

In all day today. Back tomorrow for a half day putting holiday prices on line. A hip flask of whisky will be joining me.

grey

Christmas eve and i’m still at work and on call till Monday 🙁 .
    Still going out on the bike Sunday and Monday though 😆 , they can wait if i get called out.
    Biking is more important 8) .

Teifiterror
    Free Member

In today and just started week of being on call. Not looking forward to it at all, nice excuse to have a quiet Christmas though. Without alcohol is torture though ad just bought some nice whisky!

rOcKeTdOg

All dressed up, just for me 😥 https://www.instagram.com/p/_qujOtLGM1/

stuartmccarthy
    Free Member

Also in the office, very few people here and not really sure how much work anyone that is here will get done today!

Suggestions of how one can occupy themselves in an office on Christmas Eve?

Pyro

Other people are in in the building, but I’m the only on in from my room itself.

I’ve propped the door to reception open, so me and our receptionist can chat while we both pretend to actually be doing something productive…

badnewz
    Free Member

Suggestions of how one can occupy themselves in an office on Christmas Eve?

Bring a tent and some Sod-the-Bankers placards?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

4 of us out of 12 today. Just been and locked the stores up and shutting things down. 20 mins to go. Star Wars with mini TJ at 1:30pm to start the break off from work and forget about work for 10 days or so.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I popped in today, one of the other people in the office arrived and commented how we were the only 2 mad ones in, had to apologies as I’d only come in to pick up the stuff that migrates there over the course of the week

RoganJosh
    Free Member

On my tod at work. No human contact till Monday morning. I’m winning so far.

sandwicheater

I’m in work again but will be heading home shortly. Still have the dog for company though.

windyg
    Free Member

Stuck in the home office as my presents are being wrapped 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Sat up in the loft in my office, Redlining some planning drawings, then gonna call it a day.

grey

Still at work yet 🙁 .
    However a couple of my friends are coming in to work with presents for me, so yay 😀 .

somouk
    Free Member

I’m sat at home in the office and not getting a lot out of the main office on Skype, I suspect they’ve all finished early and forgot to mention it to me and the other remote guy.

paulevans
    Free Member

Right then, that’s my 3rd report of the last 2 days finished, bound and ready to post! Work now finished, but still got the wife’s presents to wrap!

Merry Christmas all

pondo

I’m sat at home in the office and not getting a lot out of the main office on Skype, I suspect they’ve all finished early and forgot to mention it to me and the other remote guy.

I asked if I could work from home my last Christmas at the last place (45 mile commute), they said ok, as long as you cover the late shift. No problem I thought, logged on at 10:00, people started leaving the office shortly after, by midday I was on my own. “Any minute now”, I thought”, someone will message me to say I might as well knock it on the head”. 🙂 Never happened, not a single call till I logged off at six. Piss-poor, that place.

isitafox
    Free Member

Stuck at work till 6pm, only got one train due through here at half 4 so it’s gonna be a long aftrenoon. Also to make the day a little more exciting I’m suffering from flu and sat sweating buckets and shivering, hope I can sleep it off tonight!

Pigface
    Free Member

Still here and just got an incident 😥 FFS

pondo

An unexpected and unwelcome twist – Sandwich Lady is off today. Seems every food provider on the estate has inexplicably not opened today – that’s got to be bad business? Poop, I’m hungry. 🙁

dannyh
    Free Member

Stuck in office, but most other people are here – worst luck. I’d much rather be on my tod………..

tang
    Free Member

Finished on 22nd till 5th. However, I’m absolutely shattered yesterday and today. Been a long hard few months since my last break.

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve spent an hour reading my book and there’s still nothing to do, roll on 4pm, nothing to do at home either though, no presents to wrap as we’re not doing them this year, maybe an argument to look forward to tomorrow. ho hum

robdob
    Free Member

“Still here and just got an incident FFS”

LOLZ. That sucks. It’s a nice day to be out though.

I’m in the flood incident room from midnight 25th to 6am 26th. I hope it comes to nothing as no one want to see flooding at Christmas.

MrOvershoot

Only did 4hrs this morning but the firm really got their moneys worth out of me & my team in that time as we finished 7 jobs that have been awaiting completion since 1996!!

Its the first time production have allowed us to shut these areas down since then 😮

The good thing is their completion will make future maintenance really easy & safe, so we were all happy to graft 🙂

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘So who else is still stuck in the office, all alone?’ is closed to new replies.