Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • So who else is broken?
  • genesis
    Free Member

Jedi
    Me, bust soft tissue in knee and now done ankle in. Am really starting to get fed up with being broken its going to be nealr 6 weeks until I can ride from date of first injury 🙁

Purplefunkymonkey
    Free Member

Me.
    Going for keyhole surgery to tidy up cartledge (sp) and clean all the crap out my knee.
    Anybody had this done? How long before I can get out riding again??

da funk

scaredypants

I've a nasty cough 😥

thegreatape
    Free Member

Bad back, bad shoulders, creaky knees and very knackered ankles. Can still jog and ride a bike, but no more rugby for me.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I've had a nasty cough for 2 weeks now 😡

pennine
    Free Member

How long before I can get out riding again

1st week keeping leg elevated to prevent swelling. 2nd week steady walking. 3rd week easy road and canal towpath riding. 4th week (saw consultant) ok with easy off road stuff. 5th week carry on as normal.

Took about 50 minutes for the op under a general. Walked out of hospital less than 3 hours later.

pennine
    Free Member

Not been cycling for 4 weeks now due to back problems 😥

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I got hit by a motorbike in marrakesh about 3 weeks ago. I think i got some pretty bad damage to my head cos my doctor told me to avoid doing any activities where i may hit my skull again for 6 weeks. I was also sick alot (just after the accident and when the doc told me thins)

My leg is also ko'ed, still swelling after 3 weeks. Proper ****

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

I'm still suffering from a torn rotator cuff that I got in February. Having a bit of sports massage as an alternative to the cortizone injection that my GP, Dr. Nick Riviera (hello, everybody!) has suggested. Told that at my age these things take up to 12-18 months.

Cycling is not too bad, swimming hurts, especially freestyle and as I'm not sleeping too well as a result, I am Mr Grumpy Ba5tard some days. 😐

gtkid
    Free Member

Ive had a bl**dy cold since September, late nov finally tried anti-biotics but no joy, well scunnered with it.

skidartist
    Free Member

My leg is also ko'ed, still swelling after 3 weeks. Proper ****

We'll thats something to keep you occupied then

I'm recovering from hernia surgery. Never had any cycling related injuries to speak of (touch wood) the reason why I ride is for fitness and health and happiness and being injured doesn't really fit into any of those headings for me

hh45
    Free Member

Just booked in for key hole on my shoulder on dec 18th – off bike for 3 months apparently and no argy bargy for 3 more after that. Hope to be back on road bike by end of march if only because i enjoy my commute by bike and no 38 bus is not as quick or convenient.

jezdavies
    Free Member

17 months and counting…….

scraprider
    Free Member

opp recovery to right arm, not bike related off bike for 6 weeks min . got 5 weeks left.

xcstu
    Free Member

Hang in there everyone…

I snapped my achilles in april.. plaster for 3 months, told a year before cycling etc again..

Happy to say back on the bike already.. the feeling is very sweet 😉

jedi

sitting here painkillllered up ,calf strapped and slightly pissed 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am not broken – but getting on towards worn out.

Arthritis, ligament damage, old bone injuries means I hurt all the time and make some very strange noises as I move.

grumm
    Free Member

Ive had a bl**dy cold since September

me too 🙁

neilnevill
    Free Member

me.
    broken heart, ….no…broken hopeful bit.
    N

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘So who else is broken?’ is closed to new replies.