Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • So, who else is a disappointment to their mother-in-law?
  • Ambrose

My mum thanked my wife for taking me off her hands. Great, cheers mum! Mrs Ambrose feels that I married below myself- how blumming bourgeois can we get? Her mum is wonderful, lives in France, loves food and her other daughter is a chef. What’s not to like? We get on like a house on fire, she has an amazing sense of very dry humour, speaks like The Queen and is as far as I know, wholly approving of me.

CountZero

Not married, but the g/f’s mum thinks I’m lovely, particularly for taking her daughter on and giving her a home after her relationship broke up and she had to come back home after living in Ireland for ten or eleven years.
    Helps I’ve known both of them for nearly thirty years, though. 😁

Trekster

VW camper

Trekster

Long gone, never knew and didn’t really care🤔🤷‍♂️

theboatman
    Free Member

Took my ex-mother-in-law some damson gin today, that we started from her dawson’s and it’s about 3 years since she was my mother-in-law. I’ve known her for about 40 odd out of my 47 years and I’m pretty sure she knows my best and worst parts, but she doesn’t really comment. We are rural folk and she welcomes time with the grand kids, the veg we drop her off from our garden,and the gin. We pick her up some shopping and put her sandbags out when the waters up. I’m not sure I’ve ever stopped to wonder if she is disappointed in me or not.

longmover
    Free Member

I’m not sure if my MiL approves of me or not. I think she does but I am the complete opposite to any of her social circle of old ladies who do yoga and their financier husbands. I am just the dirty miner who likes to do stupid things. She always makes sure there is plenty of food, beer and coffee in the house when I go there.

johnjn2000

Always.

spekkie
    Free Member

Just last week I got a message from the MiL back in South Africa saying that she was so glad Mrs Spekkie had found me and that we had each other on our Adventure.

FiL is the same. Just before we left SA for Spain, on our way out of a restaurant in The Cradle of Humankind, I told him I’d look after his daughter and his reply was “I know you will”

I think I’ve done ok so far.

stewartc
    Free Member

My MiL doesn’t understand me, literally, as her English is terrible and my Cantonese likewise. Needless to say, since we cant really do small talk we get on fine.

fatmax

MiL is ace, very easy going, never given me any grief, super helpful, cooks a good roast dinner, and loves me to bits. FiL is great too. Feel very lucky 👍

dantsw13

Likewise lucky that both sides of our family all get on really well. We had both sets of parents for Xmas and everyone had a lovely time. There’s plenty of political differences, but we can all talk about it.

Having had a stressful year, it makes a big difference.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘So, who else is a disappointment to their mother-in-law?’ is closed to new replies.