Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • So, who cheated at Relentless then?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I’m a Facebook follower of Nofuss, and they be posted asking the rider who missed the top section to contact them before they post about them.

So… Who cheated then?

Or, what happened?

Ricks

LoCo
    Free Member

oooooohhhh!!! 😯 They’re only cheating themselves 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bout time someone got caught for this.

Every freaking year.

onehundredthidiot

Surely they have the number and therefore the contact information. Seems easy to sort out.

A few years ago I overtook a girl with some pink glittery bunny ears on her helmet, the overtook the same girl twice more on the same lap. After a few laps it looked like a team of 4 just taking short cuts everywhere. They were far too obvious to get away with it.

swavis

Oh dear, that’s just sad. Losers!

haggis1978

Very sad indeed

Muke
    Free Member

Surely they have the number and therefore the contact information. Seems easy to sort out.

Maybe giving them the opportunity to fess up before being outed ?

wwaswas

It’s going to be a bit sad if it was someone riding for 143rd place when they should have been 146th, isn’t it.

stevious

You don’t get this kind of thing with strava.

wwaswas

You don’t get this kind of thing with strava.

hear hear!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I bet they cut corners too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

the facebook threads starting to read like something out of the daily mail letters section “i dont know what i find worse – yours disgruntled of facebook”

fasthaggis

I am outraged, I paid good money for those pink glittery bunny ears . 🙂

kimbers

maybe there were multiple cheaters and they dont know who it was but want them to fess up?

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

the overtook the same girl twice more on the same lap. After a few laps it looked like a team of 4 just taking short cuts everywhere. They were far too obvious to get away with it.

Harsh ^. Those girls kept me going in the early hours 😀

I think the JMC boys overtook me 2 or 3 times per lap last year 😆

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Why do people do it? If they are that desperate to gain places then they should train harder.

Saw it happen at MM a few years back and I’d always make a comment to them as I went past again further in to the lap 🙄

whatnobeer
    Free Member

OOh bad form, especially at a ‘fun’ event like Relentless.

Out of interest, what was the course/weather like this year? Folk I know seemed to do quite a few less laps than I would of expected?

Northwind

I remember the winner at Muckmedden confessed to cheating after the event, just weird tbh, it’s not like there were million dollar prizes or UCI points available.

In this case I thought No Fuss had taken all necessary steps to avoid course cutting by staging it the same weekend as a big enduro race elsewhere 😉

crazy-legs

Saw it happen at MM a few years back and I’d always make a comment to them as I went past again further in to the lap

I think I’ve seen it happen at Mayhem too but never had enough evidence to say or do anything. You see a rider coming out of some bush where they shouldn’t be and realise that 20m further over is a doubling back of the course. I suppose he may just have gone for a piss or fallen asleep in a quiet sheltered bit though – seen that happen.

We got accused of cheating once at Dusk til Dawn – my team-mate went down to the bottom of the campsite to hand me up a gel (where the course came back near the campsite at half distance) and we got reported for doing an illegal change. Nothing ever happened though, I guess they must have looked at our lap times, decided that we’d started and finished the correct laps, there was no short-cutting, no changing so nothing more got said – in fact I think we only found out about the allegation from a comment on here.

LoCo
    Free Member

I think the JMC boys overtook me 2 or 3 times per lap last year

Probably on fat bikes just to rub it in too 😉

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

^ heh, they would of passed me even if they’d be riding penny farthings 😀

onehundredthidiot

Great route but very tough, pretty technical, possible too technical for 24hrs. Weather was fine.

Diane
    Free Member

Northwind – Lol

compositepro
    Free Member

they should do a race where everybody just cheats and whoever has the best most complex method would obviously win

radoggair
    Free Member

sounds like the tour 10 years ago 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

sounds like the tour 10 years ago 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘So, who cheated at Relentless then?’ is closed to new replies.