Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • So which enduro series next year then?
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So I was rather enjoying the UK enduro events that got ran before it went bust. Have tried the PMBA at kirroughtree and enjoyed it but felt it was more flat Pedally stuff on the trail centre tracks than I’d really want. So my question is, how similar is the British enduro series to PMBA or UKE? I’d like to fix on one series rather than bit and Bob like I have had to this year.

kimbers

Tough one really

There’s nothing as good as UKGE circa 2014/2015 imho, probably BES, closest but not as chilled as UKE

Tweedlove triple Crown is only 3 great but challenging races, its a trek if you’re not based near Scotland tho

Southern Enduro, PM A, Aardrock, MAD Enduro, all excellent series too

The WES and WGES are both excellent, id probably go for one of those if you want big mountains if they are nearer to you.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well kirroughtree isn’t really typical of pmba races, the graythwaite one this year was mentally steep and entirely fresh cut trails.

Grizedale ones are gnarly too.

Gisburn a mix of trail centre and off piste, but not so steep.

If you’re in the north west they might well be your best option.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Based in the Midlands so gonna have to drive and make a weekend for any series. I liked the relaxed format of UKE and thought PMBA was similar but didn’t like having to do the stages in order and the queues involved.
    What’s Mad enduro?

tom.nash

Tweedlove Triple Crown and hopefully the ‘Ard Rocks again for me 🙂

Mbnut
    Free Member

This is the question I have been asking myself.

I want Stages that are longer than just 2 or 3 minutes ideally as I take a while to settle in to a Stage. That said the more technical and steep the better so getting that in conjunction with 5 to 7 minute Stages is tough to find.

Any series out there that averages 5 minutes stage time?

I am travelling from the far SE so will be looking to make a weekend of each round, travelling very early Friday and heading back late on Sunday. Hopefully this will open up all the UK series but I very much want to focus on one.

Any shared experience much appreciated.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Well kirroughtree isn’t really typical of pmba races, the graythwaite one this year was mentally steep and entirely fresh cut trails.

Grizedale ones are gnarly too.

Gisburn a mix of trail centre and off piste, but not so steep.

If you’re in the north west they might well be your best option.

You up for Grizedale next month Stacy?

lapierrelady

I’m taking a year off racing, since racing something (rowing, triathlon, mtb tri, enduro) every year since 2001. I’ve even booked the summer mtb trip to clash with the ard rock so I can’t be tempted! I love racing, but I want to be able not to focus and train, and do whatever sport I want, when I want, rather than always gearing up for an event. Last race will be PMBA in October, then it’s down tools till 2018!

kimbers

MBNUT

You are probably looking at Tweedlove tripplecrown and BES then, possibly Scottish Series, tho I’ve not rush that one

chakaping
    Free Member

nobeer – I’ve given up enduro-ing for now.

mactheknife

I took the year off racing this year, i felt that my life and my free time was being dominated by it. I am not good but i was travelling a lot and having done both Trans Savoie and Trans Provence in the last 2 years i was putting a lot into training.

This year has been a blast. Just ride where and when i want with a lot of really cool mates i don’t always see.

Next year though 🙂 its all starting to creep in again, looking at entry dates for some more french craziness and more than likely as many of the SES as i can fit in.

But to answer your question the BES is probably your best bet for a good mix and also keeping it in one series. I live north of the border so the SES is the obvious choice for me.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Kimbers

After hours of trolling through results to see how long the stages take I am now debating what to do…. Triple Crown looks good but some investment to be running up to The Borders 3 times… it would be good though.

My thinking is that the Welsh Enduro Series and the Southern Enduro Series would give me a nice blend of riding and travelling, might be too many weekends away so will have to see.

Got to work out the budget as my lad now appears to be interested… gonna get expensive.

Just need some dates now and to get fitter and develop some skill 😀

nosedive
    Free Member

Ive done ukge and then pmba more recently. Not really been that enthusiastic this year, in particular im not really bothered for the rounds that have a lot of pushing, i like a bike ride when i go out. I might try welsh enduro series for a change next year, is it all on trail centres or do they have natural stages as well?

richwak
    Free Member

Try the pmba at Grizedale at the start of Oct to get a better idea of their events. I can get you a ticket if you fancy. Last event there hadt 5 stages for 25 mins of racing so about 5 mins a stage. All good technical stages that will get you your fix until you get back out to Les arcs and enjoy double header again…….now that was a race stage!

jmatlock
    Free Member

I have built a really nice hardtail with a view to doing Ardrock and a few enduros next year. Then hoping to pick a series to concentrate on in 2018.

At 36 I’m not getting any younger, and don’t want to regret having never done some actual racing.

I won’t end up on a podium, but I want to have a crack at it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘So which enduro series next year then?’ is closed to new replies.