Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • so where's this snow then?
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

I fancy working from home tomorrow; can’t just up & do it, need a right good excuse…
    lots of heavy snow forecast for overnight (near Leeds/Bradford airport) but none yet

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

According to the rain alarm app on my Phone – any time now – local forcast is up to 150mm snow over night

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

None at all in Carlisle , not happy 🙁

i like a bit of snow .

pennine
    Free Member

Still south of us John. Check this out Snow map

bruneep
    monogramman
    Free Member

Snowing in Macclesfield and congleton only light tho.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Chucking it down in Hayfield 😀

Swelper
    Free Member

Nowt in Durham, saying that the forecast for here keeps changing regularly though (BBC and MET Office)

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Snowing in the Hope Valley.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rain Alarm app?

*goes off to check app store*

matthewjb
    Free Member

According to that map it’s about twenty minutes away.

Looking out the door there are a few wet flakes but nothing much.

The Met Office have been predicting a heavy fall since Friday. But they keep putting it back. It’s getting desperate now. At this rate I may have to go into work tomorrow.

Del.
    Free Member

It’s been snowing in Cannock non stop all day 😀

aa
    Free Member

there’s a load in coalville. I knew i should have bought a mukluk.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

DD – Rain Alarm – or google play

djglover
    Free Member

Hoping for a whiteout at 150m above sea level here 😉 But it hasn’t come. I might have to play the old, Iced driveway / I own a BMW card if the snow doesn’t arrive.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

DJG – I own a BMW & My drive is icey

stumpy01

Hmmm. Been snowing in Peterborough area since about lunch time. My car is quite well covered now & it shows no sign of letting up….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers breakneck, downloaded. 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

looking at the snowmap Granville, it should be right on top of us now

<edit> ah, maybe not. hit the ‘+’ button a few times, plenty to the east and south though

grantway
    Free Member

Still snowing in East London since this morning

john_drummer
    Free Member

anyways. need a new rear brake for my Cake, any recommendations? It had Hayes HFX but front one seized a while back, mended with a new one, now the back one’s seized. aiming to start riding again, towpath trundle to start with, once my bikes are mechanically sound

pacemaker
    Free Member

Its started within the last 20 mins here in East Leeds John, i went to the car at 9.55 and it was clear, i have just gone back out and the car and roads are covered. 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

just looked out, it has started. light stuff at the mo… come on, do your worst, I really would like to WFH. Have the technology, not the culture.
    my boss has to be at Manchester airport early doors for a connection to Gatwick & on to sunny Tampa. no snow days there then 😉

pacemaker
    Free Member

I fly out to Tampa on the 26th Feb to Florida jets, lets hope its warm then!.

then back out to Orlando in June for family hols.

Stu

MrNutt
    Free Member

over a foot here on the edge of Exmoor, I drive a mercedes and they haven’t gritted my village. I hope it all sods off pdq as we’re looking at about 7 days supplies remaining.

CountZero

Got some down here, if you want to send a truck down to pick it up… 😆

thorpie
    Free Member

In Sheffield at the minute!

trout
    Free Member

we got about 5 inches in silsden west yorks and coming down fast

warton
    Free Member

None in whitley bay. My mums stuck in Northumberland. Been constant for three days, expecting another 20cms today

Pook

5 inches in Sheffield and still coming

pennine
    Free Member

Lots of lovely snow in West Yorkshire this morning so I guess John (OP) you’ll will be working from home today 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

was a total whiteout in Halifax at 2am and a good 6″ out there now. perfect time to have just started 2 weeks paternity leave and have a snow hungry 3 year old already. im off to play in the snow – enjoy work everyone!

sambob
    Free Member

Pretty damn snowy in the High Peak, still snowing. A good 6 inches on top of the snow already here.

boxelder

Inch or two near Keswick, but easing now…. 🙁

trout
    Free Member

Stopped now in silsden maxed out at 7 inches

firestarter
    Free Member

Lots of snow this side of Leeds john, our kid was laughing at me wasting money on winter tyres. Our lass just drove straight out of the street and he text to say he can’t move out the street 😉

djglover
    Free Member

Had about 7 or 8 ins Ilkley less in central Leeds, Car is stuck burried at home but trains were fine

simmy
    Free Member

More snow here near Bolton so no work again unless it eases off and the roads clear.

Shouldn’t have bought all that stuff at the Bike Jumble yesterday I’m going to be skint now 😳

br
    Free Member

Still snowing in the Scottish Borders, schools’ are open but no buses (probably a good idea, since there’s already cars in the ditches on our school ‘run’).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘so where's this snow then?’ is closed to new replies.