Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • So where will you be riding in 2012?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t think this was done on here yet, and I need some inspiration to keep me sane while working over the festive season.

My hit list is as follows…

Week in N Wales at end of April, Snowdon again and a trail centre or two probably.
    Gravity Enduros at Eastridge, Inners and possibly one more.
    Several visits to Lakes as usual, particularly keen to ride Helvellyn again and Nan Bield for first time.
    More Midlands riding, including Pearce uplift days and Long Mynd.
    More Surrey Hills.
    Keep the regular local nightrides going.
    Do some longer road rides.
    Check out Peak District and return to Rivington while visiting in-laws up that way.
    Visit Lee Quarry and Gisburn while visiting more in-laws a bit further north.

Might not make the Alps in 2012, so perhaps a long weekend of uplift days in the UK.

Also possibly the Fort Billiam World Cup DH, as part of a riding holiday.

Northwind

Everywhere I can! Got to get back to Golspie, Balblair, Coed y Brenin, Kirroughtree and Kielder… Will definately be back at Fort William, fancy doing some more downhill trails elsewhere though. Enduro events (*) wherever I can get to them…

Some new stuff beckons too. Definately going to get to Lee Quarry, and I fancy completing my collection of Stanes. South Wales hopefully but it’ll be hard to drive past north wales and the lakes.

And at least one other place in France.

(* that’s actual enduro events, not endurance races with delusions of gnar)

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

Galloway secret singletracks or as once described as 20 bike rides best walked

Duffer
    Free Member

Well this year i’ve moved from the South West, to the MTB Desert (East Midlands). So my riding is limited to Sherwood, and the ocasional trip to Cannock. They’re both good fun, though! Just not quite as good as having the Mendips/Quantocks/Cwmcarn on your doorstep….

Oh well, i’m making the best of a bad hand…

sambob
    Free Member

More Peaks, some Lakes stuff, would like to try some of the Calderdale stuff too. Oh yeah, Alps at the end of August 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Hoping for a week in Scotland or Wales as I probably can’t afford Whistler this year 🙁

On the mtb, mostly Woburn and Western Park jumps in Leicester I reckon. And Corby skatepark when I get a bmx again 🙂

trailmonkey

it’s going to be hard to resist going back to sainte foy next summer.

tollah
    Free Member

Definites for next year are:
    March Scotland
    End of March Tour of Flanders Sportif
    End of April SSEC France
    End of May Belgian SS
    Aug/Sep French/Swiss Alps for a week then onto Italian Alps for a week and a SS event in Italy at the end of the trip.
    Dutch SS champs date to be confirmed
    Wales without a doubt will be done as will the FOD and Cotswolds
    Also need to get back into the Peaks with a few guys from on here.
    And on the to do but no plans yet are: Snowdon, SDW, Mendips amoungst a few.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nowhere special.
    Lots of racing road/mtb/cross.
    A few French road sessions.
    London-Paris-London in September

4ndyB
    Free Member

I’ll be taking part in the Retrobike 2012 National Event Series which has rides all over the UK, I believe there are 7 rounds this year with 3 special events.

Plus

2012 CVMBC
    2012 Mayhem
    2012 Bicyclemania
    Another trip to see the Jedi
    Local rides in the Wolds
    Peak District
    N Y moors
    and a load more I should think

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

good thread…

some of the big scenery pics in the last two issues of singletrack, after a year of zero cycling motivation, have helped me decide i need to get off my backside a little more in 2012.

my plans are modest, but dartmoor is just 1hr30 away and i’ve never really ridden out there. the exmoor explorer i found an excuse not to do this year so have to remedy that. wales, i need to do at least once as again i did’nt go this year, really hope to do an easter trip to afan. and if i can afford it i’d really like to do the 3 peaks again, i love it and would do it every year but its just that the fuel up from cornwall makes it a really ‘really’ expensive ride.

jedi

i’ll be riding where ever this bike riding thing leads me 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I keep saying I’m going to ride the south downs way in a day, the trans-pennine trail in a day and the coast to coast in a day but I keep not doing them. Maybe this year.

Although I’ll be riding in France a couple of times next year.

xcneil
    Free Member

Where ever the xc race scene takes me as long as there’s BC points of course

grahamt1980

Brechfa for the minus40 thing. Riding herts a lot. Woburn, chicksands, thetford and as many trips away doing dh as I can. Probably a trip to the alps at some point too

monksie
    Free Member

Road Sportive’s at least one per month or century or longer audax if there isn’t a sportive (A century per month challenge).
    Sarn Helen over three days
    South Downs Way in a day quicker than my previous
    Mountain Mayhem and SitS solo
    I really want to do Middleton Top to as far north as I can on the Pennine Bridleway in the time logistics and my wife will allow.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Either a tour of the Washington State Parks of Seattle/Portland to San Francisco down the coast. Some Scottish highland epics and maybe a couple of sportives.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Kerala India in about a months time for my 40th (did morocco for munqe chick’s 30th a couple of years ago so the extravagant/exotic bar was set!). Couple of friends, and trimix from here have both ridden with them and loved it

HOME

Bikeverbier in the summer, looking forward to returning to the alps and have only heard glowing reviews of the BV gang.

http://www.bikeverbier.com/index_bv.php

Bikefest and Oktoberfest, probably as a pair.

And hopefully no summers lost to injury, like 2011 and 2009… 🙄

Lest
    Free Member

In more places than last year and hopefully more often :):)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

ps and chapa if it makes you feel better I am working night shifts from boxing day to new years eve inclusive 🙄

Trekster

Last year was a bit of a wash-out for me due to a knee injury which still gives way now and again. 🙄

2012 I intend getting back down the Lakes a bit more.
    Do a bit of wandering around the local hills with a ride in mind. Just got to verify it can be done and does not turn into a bogfest/hike. A bit like fotheringtonthomas but different hills 😉

July = Chatel with http://www.summitdown.com/
    July = Another visit to Northumberland

A few rides with = http://fanylionracing.ning.com/ and maybe even with http://www.bogtrotters.org/

Would liked to have done a few events like Kirry10 but I will be working.

Basically just getting out more than in 2011….

crashtestmonkey – Member
    ps and chapa if it makes you feel better I am working night shifts from boxing day to new years eve inclusive

I am night shift atm. Heading off for dinner with kids later Xmas day. Working 28th & 29th and the back on 2nd.
    You will enjoy BV. Was there in 2005 and it was “the” best holiday I have had. It was my 1st biking holiday and although I have only done 2 others it is still the best.

GRAEMEJONES

7 Stanes weekend mid February, BasqueMTB with Ed Oxley mid July, a trip or 2 to the Lake District, usual Peaks stuff, Rivvy and Rammy and Delamere for the home base.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Where ever the Gravity Enduro series takes me because I’ll be doing the whole set.
    FOD for some DH
    Les Arcs for some Alps based fun
    Cwcarn to ride some more DH
    back to Llandegla for some jumpy, flowy riding
    and probably lots of other places

Trekster

GRAEMEJONES – Member
    7 Stanes weekend mid February

Which ones?
    D&G are my locals

GRAEMEJONES

Trekster, we stay at Low Kirkbride farmhouse near Auldgirth,so the Dumfries ones are local to us then.
    17 Feb will be Dalbeatie, 18 Feb not too sure yet and 19 Feb will be Mabie.
    Only 2 or possibly 3 of us going you’re more than welcome to meet up with us 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Trying to get through nick cottons south west mountain biking book in 2012.
    Snowdon rangers, oh and I’m going to molini too. 😀

corroded
    Free Member

If my work visa for Oz comes through, a lot more riding down under: top of my list is a return to Tasmania with my own bike for some exploration of the west coast. Also, the Margaret River area of WA sounds right up my street. I’d also like to do the 900km Munda Biddi trail as soon as it’s fully open but that might need a bit of holiday time. Weekend trips to Mt Buller are a more likely possibility.
    And to end my year, I can see a trip around NZ on a tourer before I come back to the UK. At least, those are the ideas that are going to sustain me over the next hours/days/weeks!

ianpinder
    Free Member

Egypt,
    Sudan
    Kenya,
    Tanzania
    Malawi
    South Africa
    Namibia
    Botswana
    Austria
    And a few others

chakaping
    Free Member

Wife kindly bought me the Vertebrae guide book for Wales, so I now have a couple more non-trail centre routes to try out there in April.

The Carneddau circuit from Capel Curig looks quite promising.

Handily it also includes a Long Mynd route. She must be psychic.

🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

This year we will be doing a mixed bag I think.

Couple of the National DH races.
    A few regional’s, probably the best pick from the Pearce’s, WDMBA, Taff & a couple of local DH races.
    Some of the Gravity Enduro races (not Scotland though – too far)
    Megavalanche.
    Week in Morzine after.

Probably bullied into a few roadie events under the pretence of fitness work & the same for a few of the Gorrick XC events I think.

Still a gravity based bias, but selective 🙂

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Lots of sessions at my local trail(Croft Woods). Going to explore more of the Ridgeway in the summer, nice long days out.

Ashton Court Brizzole!

Might do another camping/riding holiday with a mate and some day trips on the train to trail centres(not ridden one before).

100mphplus
    Free Member

Innerleithen a few times DH & Enduro
    Glencoe x 2 DH
    Pitfichie DH
    Fort William x 2 DH
    Dunkeld DH
    Moelfre DH
    Llangollen DH
    All rounds of UK Gravity Enduro
    European DH Masters in Kranjska Gora, Slovenia
    World DH Masters in Balneário Camboriú, Brazil
    Various Sportives on the road bike

Andy-R

It’ll be just local stuff (the Isle of Man and the Southern Pelloponese) for me again this year – just hopefully with a bit more commitment than last year as I’ll be 60 next July so I’d better make the most of whatever opportunities I get while I still can….

Mackem

Do more varied stuff round here (Bilbao, I keep doing the same rides)
    Some stuff in Andalucia.
    Ainsa in the Pyrenees again, some great trails round there.
    Trans-pyrenees during the summer.
    Invite myself onto more of Doug’s rides (of http://www.basquemtb.com)

Nick-Scots
    Free Member

Not many non trail centre scottish rides ?

After being to – les deuxs alpes, alp dhuez, chamonix and dalbeattie/mabie, xc fort bill this year, need to do more highland routes. Mixed with golspie and laggan again.

Harris combined with sea kayaking too next summer.

Normally do 6wks each summer in alps/pyrenees/dolomites so may stay in scotland.

shortcut

Scotland, Wales and England – not the Dyfi Enduro, local trails and anywhere else I get an opportunity!

colournoise

In addition to ‘usual’ local riding (Thetford, Wakerley and local trails), I want to get out further afield at least 1 weekend in 4 to hillier/more interesting stuff within about 2 hours drive or so. On my not-really-thought-through-properly-yet list so far are –

Cannock.
    Lee Quarry.
    Some natural stuff in the Peaks.
    Sheffield.
    Dalby.

Up in the Lakes at February 1/2 term (with Zoe – big natural stuff is sadly therefore off limits) so Whinlatter and Grizedale will probably get done, and we are in North Wales next summer so will tick off CYB and 2 or 3 other centres too.

Should also probably try to research and ride more natural stuff – typing it all out there’s a lot of centres on my list and not much else.

slainte 😳 rob

atlaz
    Free Member

Luxembourg, France, Germany mostly. There’s a chance BC and Washington might feature in there too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Haldon Forest
    Forest of Dean
    Malvern
    Exmoor

Basically a bit further than my local areas

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’m planning on doing the I.O.M. E2E again,last one I did was in 2006 so I’m looking forward to going back there.Also not been to the Alps since 07 so we’e planning a trip to Verbier,good to hear some of you have been with BV & enjoyed it 😀
    I’ve still to do C2C Cumbria to the North East so I’m planning on getting that one ticked off,plus back down here the Mary Townley Loop.
    Apart from that Yorks dales & Rivi will be getting regular visits,oh & I’ve still to do a century on the roadbike so that needs sorting, should keep me busy..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘So where will you be riding in 2012?’ is closed to new replies.