Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • So when do you break up for Christmas?
  • Houns

Off Christmas Eve but working 06:00-16:30 both Christmas Day and Boxing Day

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just found out we’re having a run around day on the 23rd now 🙄
    However just confirmed off till mon 6 so that’s nearly two weeks off!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Midnight on Christmas Eve, so long as the good folk of the region don’t murder each other or otherwise die in a mysterious way.

godzilla
    Free Member

No break up for Christmas for me and Christmas Day I have 15 hours of work.
    Bahh humbug.

cranberry
    Free Member

I finish Friday. Off until 6th Jan.

A far cry from how I grew up – work each night in the run up to Christmas, Christmas eve work till 1am, up at 6am Christmas Day to clear up and start cooking lunch for 100 or so people, a couple of hours sleep in the afternoon then 6pm – 12ish.

fathomer

Finish on the 20th, back on the 2nd.

Hoping to get plenty of bike time in!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m self employed and it doesn’t look like Ive got any more work after about the 18th December.

That will be perfect in my opinion, 18th it is.

Alcopop
    Free Member

off 25th and the 1st ..the joys of retail 🙄

tonyg2003

Back in the UK on the 21st, working between Xmas and New Year, then off to Las Vegas for a conference on the 2nd. Trying to get a days biking booked in Bootleg Canyon on the 4th. That will be a good way to start the new year’s riding.

ski
    Free Member

Got Xmas day and Boxing Day off as long as people don’t need parts for their boilers 😉

tomhoward

Break up a week on Friday, back on the 30th for the 2 busiest days of the year 🙁

Can’t wait…

chakaping
    Free Member

Only got Xmas Day off.

Doing double the work every other day for the fortnight.

Albanach
    Free Member

Finish up at 11 on 20th, back in for stocktake 30th & 31st (but get 4 days annual leave back for this which is a great deal) and back proper on the 2nd unfortunately…

ricardo666
    Free Member

About 4 ish on the 18th, couple of the last remaining hols to use 🙂

Return on the 2nd 🙁

tonyd

Finished yesterday as we completed on a house today so lots of other work to do. Sat in our rented place waiting for the keys still as our vendor appears to have decided to move himself with a transit. Very frustrating but could be worse, we could be sat in a van outside the new house.

Anyway, back in on 23rd/24th and then off til New Year!

motorman
    Free Member

Lightweights 😉

Working everyday from now to the 27th inc xmas eve, xmas day & boxing day

ononeorange

I have numerous deadlines piling up for 24th and i expect more to flood in, do I suspect 9pm on the 24th, if I’m lucky . The joy of no trains / drunks on the way home.

coopersport1
    Free Member

This Friday finish work but then taking a group from work MTBing for a week in N Wales which I don’t really class as work.. Back on the 6th Jan

wrightyson
    Free Member

Coopersport that’s a result! What is your actual job, i take it its not in IT

marcus7
    Free Member

shipped the last of the prototypes for this year today so can stop now really but it seems a bit early so may get a few things sorted ready for next year and maybe even get a bit of shopping in!!!

RobinL

Not sure when we will finish …. or if we will go back !

The retail company I have worked 27 years in IT for is in administration for the third time in four years and it looks like this is the end of the road.

All the Head Office and Warehouse staff are slowly being made redundant …… I’m still there at the moment ……. but for how long !?!?

Russell96

Last day is this Friday, back in on the 6th, one design document to finish off, get a pilot working on another project before it shuts down for Xmas, type up my handover doc and currently a grand total of one email in my Inbox.

grantway
    Free Member

Christmas eve

ask1974
    Free Member

Off from the 18th to the 2nd, three days work then off to Vegas from 8th – 12th inclusive 8)

Bregante

I’m sorry could you re phrase the question?

oldboy
    Free Member

I broke up for Xmas 2013 on December 26th last year – early retirement at taxpayers’ expense. Thank you to all contributors 🙂

Caher

18th-2nd – its why i like Christmas.

pingu66
    Free Member

Supposed to be shutdown from Christmas Eve to Jan 2nd but the firm I contract to need me to monitor some work on Boxing Day and the 28th. As Mrs Pingu is working all day Boxing Day and I will get paid for doing not a lot and having my phone on as well as the venue being a football ground and my team playing I jumped at the chance.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘So when do you break up for Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.