Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 192 total)
  • So, what’s the worst film you’ve watched recently?
  • hels
    Free Member

Suicide Squad. What a load of shite. I was staying with friends so no choice. I wanted to pull out a gun and shoot the TV every time Harley Quinn simpered in wearing her undies, and started squeaking like a five year old.

I sat through Prometheus too, had blocked that out, lasted about ten minutes of alien covenant.

hels
    Free Member

And Moon is a great film! Try watching it again, sober this time!

mrhoppy

Aquaman and Snowpiercer both watched on the same flight. I was just about ready to open the door and jump out.

DezB
    Free Member

I wanted to pull out a gun and shoot the TV every time Harley Quinn simpered in wearing her undies

I could only manage it once

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

That last one (Covenant?) was hilarious. Was there a flute playing alien guy? Or did I dream that?? (must’ve).. Utter garbage

No, he was a flute playing robot guy who just loved the aliens so much he wanted to wipe out people.

It was indeed a turd of a film.

I imagine the pitch went largely

studio “every other alien film bar the first two has been pretentious, or rubbish, or pretentious and rubbish, so what we want is a scene by scene remake of the first one, or the second one, at a push”.

ridley “can I do the first one, but put dr frankenstein in it? I really like dr frankenstein”

studio “will the rest of it be exactly like the first one?”

ridley “I have this great idea. The first half will be exactly like the first one, and the second half will be exactly like the second one. But with dr frankenstein.”

studio “will you put an alien in it”

ridley “yes”

studio “good”

fadda

We watched The Hunted last evening. I know films aren’t supposed to be actually real, but Tommy Lee Cooper fighting, chasing people, tracking through cities, falling down waterfalls with terrible CGI…

Thought of this thread about 15 minutes in, and nothing about the rest of the film stopped me thinking about posting this, this morning….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

We watched The Hunted last evening. I know films aren’t supposed to be actually real, but Tommy Lee Cooper fighting, chasing people, tracking through cities, falling down waterfalls with terrible CGI…

Sounds like you should have watched The Fugitive or US Marshals instead. ( I did like the Tommy Lee Cooper joke though 🙂 ).

DezB
    Free Member

Was he wearing denim jeans and a fez ? 😀

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Taking liberties here as it wasn’t the worst film I’ve seen , nor was it particularly recent , and I know others liked it , but certainly the biggest disappointment ever at the cinema for me given how it was hyped up was Dunkirk . Spectacularly over rated .

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well I have just gone through four pages or movies,most of which I haven’t heard of. Iam glad to say that my 3 out of a 4 part series doesn’t feature. I assume these must be better that the Hollywood Block Busters

Part 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Yxq8AXpEo&t=11s

Part 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NSsGRr5aMY&t=13s

Part 3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcT3z9_Htxo&t=14s

Critical reviews expected but please watch all three before commenting. Part 4 to be filmed when the Home Delivery arrives

winston
    Free Member

Yep agree with Dunkirk being terrible.

But then It had Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy and Harry Styles as the main characters so it was never going to be much more than a film equivalent of the Next catalogue.

winston
    Free Member

…and we have a new winner folks

Straight in at number 1 is Call of the Wild. Even Harrison Ford couldn’t save this one. Disney comprehensively screws up my favourite childhood book good and proper.

colournoise

I think I’m watching it right now. Punisher: War Zone on Film4. No Thomas Jayne, no style, no story, no script. Have made it to the first ad break but I think that’s it for me.

DezB
    Free Member

Just to mention, Channel 4 10:55 … Scarlett Johansson, Zoe Kravitz, Ilana Glazer, Kate McKinnon and Demi Moore! In! Rough Night. It’s shit, see how far you can get through it! 😂

136stu
    Free Member

Hustle, turns out it’s a remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels without any of the wit. And whilst we’re here can anyone explain Rebel Wilson to me.

spacemonkey

Get A Job. Made in 2012 but didn’t get released until 2016 – probably because the studio didn’t want to be associated with it.

Even the very aesthetically pleasing Anna Kendrick can’t make up for the dire story and shockingly poor attempts at humour. Felt like an idea dragged from the 80s.

Kuco

can anyone explain Rebel Wilson to me

IMO unfunny australian comedian. Yet to see her in anything where she is actually funny.

Poopscoop

The Wandering Earth

One of these new huge budget, huge SFX Chinese productions that are just decades behind Hollywood stuff in storytelling.

As always with the Chinese though, they will catch up fast.

spacemonkey

Doh

franksinatra

Life of Brian. Never seen it before, didn’t raise a smile let alone a laugh. Complete tosh.

Kuco

Life of Brian. Never seen it before, didn’t raise a smile let alone a laugh. Complete tosh.

Blasphemy, stone him.

Poopscoop

mrhoppy
    Subscriber
    Aquaman and Snowpiercer

Heresy!

Showpiercer is superb. I think it will be like Bladerunner, unappreciated in its time but gain huge cult following.

martinhutch

Blasphemy, stone him.

Why? He didn’t even say Jehovah!

DezB
    Free Member

Showpiercer is superb. I think it will be like Bladerunner, unappreciated in its time but gain huge cult following

Dream on, it’s an utter mess! 😂

edhornby

i had to sit through a remake of Lady and the Tramp (live action with CGI dogs mouths that do the talking) with the kids, it is painful.

seosamh77
    Free Member

recently as in last couple of weeks?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Bladerunner

Dull as dishwater.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

6 underground and Coffee & Kareem on Netflix – good grief.

Carbis

The worst film I have seen in the last few years is Manchester by Sea. A remake of a mid afternoon channel five straight to TV movie with an actor who mumbles his lines to sound like Brando in apocalypse now, to show he’s acting. Utter pretentious sh*te.

Other movies might be bad as viewed against films with high ambitions, but this is a high ambition film that in reality is really poor in concept and formulaic in execution.

Poopscoop

seosamh77
    Subscriber
    Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Bladerunner

Dull as dishwater

In mediaeval times id be cheering as they set fire to you at the stake, heresy I tell you!

inkster
    Free Member

Thought Dunkirk was ok.

The Guardian slaughtered it for not showing the Germans and not giving context by showing politicians and generals behind the scenes etc but thats what every war film does so liked it for trying to do something different. After all, if you’re a soldier in a war you probably don’t see much of the enemy, only bits of hot metal flying at you. Thought the sound design was really good too.

Agree with battle of the Bulge though, looked more like it was shot in Morocco than the Ardennes.

tomd
    Free Member

Polar. Quite a new film on Netlifx at the moment.

Hitman working for a shadowy organisation is about retire a very wealthy man. But the organisation seems to kill off its agents as they retire. So you get an aging hitman being hunted by a young band of ruthless whippersnapper hitmen and women.

I struggled through the first half hour, then there’s a scene where he’s gone to his cabin in the mountains. But lone behold, a new attractive young woman (not a hitwomen) has taken up residence in the next chalet. There’s a scene with her fumbling about with an axe trying to cut wood. He sorts her woodpile for her. Swoon.

hols2
    Free Member

Hitman working for a shadowy organisation is about retire a very wealthy man. But the organisation seems to kill off its agents as they retire. So you get an aging hitman being hunted by a young band of ruthless whippersnapper hitmen and women.

I think you got it mixed up with Gemini Man, which was a pretty stupid film, but not as stupid as John Wick.

33tango

Personal Shopper. First third of the movie – slow. Second third – slow. Final third – shite.

hols2
    Free Member

Personal Shopper. First third of the movie – slow. Second third – slow. Final third – shite.

But the plot synopsis holds so much promise.

Personal Shopper is a 2016 supernatural psychological thriller film written and directed by Olivier Assayas.[2] The film stars Kristen Stewart as a young American woman in Paris who works as a personal shopper for a celebrity and tries to communicate with her deceased twin brother.

DezB
    Free Member

There was a thread about this film about a year ago. Regretfully, I watched the pile of shite, probably the worst action film I’ve ever sat through. (my post usually followed, as predictable as the plot of Polar, by Drac sayng how much he liked it 🤪)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I rank ‘Moon’ nearly as highly as ‘Silent Running’ – great sci-fi. I liked ‘Bladerunner 2049’ and ‘Ad-astra’ too, mostly for the beautiful cinematography.

I’ve learnt through bitter experience not to let Michael Bay steal hours of my life, but didn’t realise that ‘6 underground’ was one of his steaming turds until 10 minutes in I realised the formula of senseless and improbable action and googled it, there after turning it off to gouge out my eyeballs in preference.

However, by comparison, Guy Richie’s ‘King Arthur’ is so bad that I actually watched all of it to see how far down the stinking shitto-meter scale it could actually go, and then, not content with halving my IQ in the time it took to watch that, I watched ‘Robin Hood’ with Taron Edgerton, the likes of which were so confusing, bewildering and down right nonsensical, I thought I had descended into some kind of waking nightmare induced by the guilt of inflicting 4 hours of suffering upon myself.

The shit telly trap is just so difficult to avoid sometimes.

sargey

I watched the irishman last night and thought it was totally predictable and drawn out.
    Over 3 hours of de niro talking out of the side of his mouth was two hours to long.

hols2
    Free Member

Yes, The Irishman was pretty weak.

MoreCashThanDash

I may add Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade to the list – great laugh but utter nonsense

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘So, what’s the worst film you’ve watched recently?’ is closed to new replies.